PDA

View Full Version : cv joint

mightymanx
07-05-2013, 19:22
is it possible to just change the outer cv joint on a 5 gt turbo frivers side as i went to my local car accessorers shop and they listed just whole drive shaft am sure ive seen cv joints before were is the best to get 1? and by outer i mean 1 by wheel?

SCHWARTZ
07-05-2013, 21:28
you can just swap them. take the gaiter off and you will see a brass circular type clip on the splined shaft open that up and the cv joint will slide off. Thats what you have to do to change the gaiters anyway. have you tried mike or euro car parts?

mightymanx
08-05-2013, 00:18
yer i thought they would just undo with a clip ill pm mike thank u

TNT Tricky Nicky
08-05-2013, 09:05
As far as I know they're not available separately, I've hunted for them before with no luck.

A refurb'd shaft from Renault was about £30 at the time so just replaced the lot. Prices have probable gone through the roof now so might not make as much sense now so let us know what you find out

phase i 16 v turbo
08-05-2013, 09:12
As far as I know they're not available separately, I've hunted for them before with no luck.

A refurb'd shaft from Renault was about £30 at the time so just replaced the lot. Prices have probable gone through the roof now so might not make as much sense now so let us know what you find out

Yes they have!!

Mr Raider
08-05-2013, 10:14
Nice... thinking of replacing my driveshafts, how much are we talking for new/re-con shafts not second hand? :scared:

mightymanx
08-05-2013, 12:23
yer mike just confirmed u cant just get the cv joints any more so a reconned drive shaft it is grrr pm mike for prices :agree: