PDA

View Full Version : restoring my 5 ---- new sills

ollie j
29-12-2008, 18:48
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Recently decided to strip the car down and get her ready for a full re-spray. I new there were a few bits needed welding, but i removed the side skirts the other day and there are holes in both sills, same place either side. The outer sills look as though they are in two seperate parts, havnt had time to pop down to renault yet, so can any one confirm this??

matty j
29-12-2008, 18:49
i got full complete sills from CGB for 60 a side which wasnt to bad

Sy5GTT
29-12-2008, 18:49
The outer sill is one panal mate.

Kris M
29-12-2008, 18:50
http://www.beeversautopanels.co.uk/

Thats what you want :)

ollie j
29-12-2008, 18:53

Thanks guys,, just confused me as there looked to be a seam half way along.

michael tierney
29-12-2008, 21:28
as far as i know the origional is in 2 sections but the ones from beaver are complete and a much handier way of repairing them!!and fair play to u!!there's far too many out there breaking their cars just because of a bit of rust!!

ollie j
31-12-2008, 11:36

Ahh that would explain it then. I could just patch the sills up but i know in 2yrs time they will just need doing again. Is it worth going genuine sills from renault or does it not really matter. Ive only ever renewed sills on minis before and i know with them its definatly worth paying a bit extra for genuine ones.

EDM
31-12-2008, 12:09

Ahh that would explain it then. I could just patch the sills up but i know in 2yrs time they will just need doing again. Is it worth going genuine sills from renault or does it not really matter. Ive only ever renewed sills on minis before and i know with them its definatly worth paying a bit extra for genuine ones.

:cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter: