PDA

View Full Version : paintshop prices

tubbyG
06-05-2013, 12:21
I need a botlid and rear bumper painted for the 5 in tungsten grey. I dont have the items yet, but tungy is seeming difficult to get panels for which are not damaged.

So in the event I can only obtain different colour parts, any ideas on how much it would cost me to get them painted up in desired colour? what have you been charged for similar work

fat roofer
06-05-2013, 12:57
I need a botlid and rear bumper painted for the 5 in tungsten grey. I dont have the items yet, but tungy is seeming difficult to get panels for which are not damaged.

So in the event I can only obtain different colour parts, any ideas on how much it would cost me to get them painted up in desired colour? what have you been charged for similar work

It's not an exact science but whenever I've had to have bits resprayed I've normally allowed £150 per panel and never really gone wrong that.

I hope this is of help mate

Steve

Hammer
06-05-2013, 14:04
I was quoted £100 for a bumper and £150 for a tailgate in glacier white.

tubbyG
06-05-2013, 14:26
thanks for that. so not too bad really! I was curoius as I know very little of the processes involved to get things done properly.

I have just called a few local bodyshops on lunch break and the only one who answered reckoned £280 + VAT off the top of his head

Just seen some video's for plasti-dipping on youtube and the results are pretty cool :smokin:
that could be a temporary option :coffee:

andybond
06-05-2013, 14:34
I looked at plastidip too.

The thing is - its down to the prep. It wont mask bubbles /bumps / general poor prep. The prep is just as important on plastidip as any paint.