PDA

View Full Version : Bridged fuel pump relay, problems ?

Jay
29-12-2008, 16:31
At the moment i've got my fuel pump relay bridged, i'm bridging the white and yellow wires so that it only pumps when the ignition is on. My question is apart from the danger that if i have a crash then it will keep on pumping if i dont turn the ignition off are there any other problems that may arise from this ? i.e will the pump or fuel pressure regulator suffer any damage being run at full power all the time.
Also i will be putting a new relay in a.s.a.p but i need it running as it is because it's going to the bodyshop tommorow :D
Jay

Trevhib
29-12-2008, 17:52
If you plan on replacing the relay in the near future, I don't believe you'll have any issue in the interim.

Frix
29-12-2008, 20:04
mate just bridge it as and when u need to use it. Having the fuel pump on constantly cant be good, and wont it drain your battery?!?

The new Bill J
29-12-2008, 20:09
.....i'm bridging the white and yellow wires so that it only pumps when the ignition is on.

:rob:

Frix
29-12-2008, 20:13
:rob:

My bad, just ignore me, been in amsterdam to long, lol!

Woznaldo
29-12-2008, 21:12
I bridged my relay so that it was on constantly (took relay cover off and wedged the contact) and just used to push the relay into it's plug just before driving and then pull it out when I turn the engine off.

The car was like this for a couple of weeks with no problems.;)

Kris M
29-12-2008, 22:04
If your going to do that, its the red and white wires you bridge i think