View Full Version : Brake pipes

Tim B
04-05-2013, 22:27
Finished fitting new brake pipes today on my van. It also has had fitted new front discs pads and calipers. Bleeding the system was fairly problem free. I use one of those Ezeybleed kits. It worked very well. Just a road test to do now. Good days work :D

Nad-5GTT
05-05-2013, 10:19
Finished fitting new brake pipes today on my van. It also has had fitted new front discs pads and calipers. Bleeding the system was fairly problem free. I use one of those Ezeybleed kits. It worked very well. Just a road test to do now. Good days work :D

I used one of them Eezzybleeds too, but the cap kept popping off pouring fluid everywhere:mad: luckily it didn't damage the paint. Turns out that me master cylinder had seized and wasn't letting the fluid down to the pipes:rolleyes: bought a new m/c and bled it the old two man way in the end :laugh:

GTphil
05-05-2013, 12:13
I have had the same with the ezibleed kits, the seal on the cap is crap and after using it two/three times it won't seal at all, and just spits brake fluid everywhere :disagree:

i always rap mine in a old rag to try and catch as much as i can when it does finally pop

Nad-5GTT
05-05-2013, 14:17
It's just as quick doing it the old fashioned way:D

Tim B
05-05-2013, 17:45
Everyone to their own. Anyway worked fine for me.:coffee:

SCHWARTZ
05-05-2013, 18:43
Eezebleed is great you can do whole job on your own in minutes wheels still on and no worrying about resevoir running dry.

boysie
05-05-2013, 20:02
:agree:
Top tips on the eezibleed, got one to do mine tomorrow, i'll make sure theres plenty rag wrapped around cap then in case it pops off!!!

GaryS
05-05-2013, 20:12
Nothing wrong with the easy bleed kit, just that there are 2 caps nearly the same in the kit, make sure u get the right one or u make a mess, like I have done before :(

Tim B
05-05-2013, 20:28
:agree:
Top tips on the eezibleed, got one to do mine tomorrow, i'll make sure theres plenty rag wrapped around cap then in case it pops off!!!
Just pressure test it before you put the juice in. I tested mind at 25 Psi before hand and then used it at between 15 & 20 Psi

SCHWARTZ
05-05-2013, 21:12
I have no probs with mine and I have done it on the van which is 50psi.