PDA

View Full Version : What suspension

Cr23g
03-05-2013, 15:29
So basically im wanting to upgrade the standard suspension, will lower it a bit but im not a fan of the whole slammed on its a**e look. Just a nice stance is what im going for. Any sets that come to mind that work well on the 5? Thanks

Wallace
04-05-2013, 01:17
http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=110

Look no further mate:agree:

Note that the kit is £360 to rtoc members:agree:

Highly regarded by a majority on the rtoc as a very good all round suspension kit, I have it fitted for road use - is comfortable whilst cruising and more than up to the task of getting you round a bend at speed:agree:

Alex
04-05-2013, 08:46
You can't go wrong with Koni Sport's on a GTT, I'd recommend them to anyone. That price is a baragin too. :agree:

Cr23g
06-05-2013, 07:23
http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=110

Look no further mate:agree:

Note that the kit is £360 to rtoc members:agree:

Highly regarded by a majority on the rtoc as a very good all round suspension kit, I have it fitted for road use - is comfortable whilst cruising and more than up to the task of getting you round a bend at speed:agree:

Nice one that looks like just what im after. Has anyone got a photo with this suspension fitted? With this kit not being adjustable im curious how the back sits. But thanks for the heads up, will probably buy them later on tonight :)

Wallace
06-05-2013, 08:21
Maybe a typo, but the kit IS adjustable!

Forget exactly what photos are on there but have a look in the projects&restorations and look for the thread KRV - last page I think I uploaded some pics for another member. Pictures of my car on the last page are with the koni kit fitted:agree:

If you want more or anything then just ask:agree:

Ian S
06-05-2013, 10:38
not being adjustableI presume you mean height adjustable? Which is correct, they're not.

You re-use your existing springs with these as we didn't buy lowering spring to go with them so the height will be the same as you have now. That is presuming that these Konis are the same length from top to spring seat as the OE ones.

SCHWARTZ
06-05-2013, 12:37
The shocks will have dampening adjustment but not height adjustment. Front height is adjusted by different springs but you can only have a -35mm drop with these anyway according to koni which imo is about right for a fast road car. The rear is lowered by the torsion bar so you can have whatever height you want.

Cr23g
06-05-2013, 15:41
have a look in the projects&restorations and look for the thread KRV - last page I think I uploaded some pics for another member.:

Cars looking good there, never seen one in that colour up here! But yeah thats what i would be aiming for height wise. How much is it dropped on the front? Cheers for the clarification guys, very helpful as ever!