PDA

View Full Version : C1J Cylinder Head Wanted

GTphil
03-05-2013, 13:31
After my recent valve guide epic fail i am in need of a cylinder head, looking for one that's 73mm or more.

Needs to be a known good working head that preferably just needs a clean and the valves re-seating, don't need valves or springs or any other gubbins just the head will do. If all that's in place and you can't be arsed to remove it then that's fine also. I would also like to see some pictures before parting with my hard earned.

Don't mind the usual cracks between valves as long as it hasn't spread to the valve seat.

Will consider collection within a reasonable distance from Burnley, Lancashire, the place devoid of vitamin D..........and of course postage at my cost;)

turbo ted
03-05-2013, 15:09
hi phillip
I got one somewhere saved in the garage standard and never been skimmed will dig it out over the weekend and get back to you Robbie.

GTphil
03-05-2013, 15:43
hi phillip
I got one somewhere saved in the garage standard and never been skimmed will dig it out over the weekend and get back to you Robbie.

Nice one Ted:)

Tony Walker
03-05-2013, 18:15
The head on mine was alot worse. i know you prob just want to do it right, but if you dont find another then im sure yours would be fine tidied up a little.

GTphil
03-05-2013, 18:29
The head on mine was alot worse. i know you prob just want to do it right, but if you dont find another then im sure yours would be fine tidied up a little.

The actual mating faces are all ok and i probably could re-use it, the main issue is i don't trust having another valve guide put in, the one that has broken was only replaced a few years ago, so would rather have one were the guides haven't been touched and are o.e . I'm still trying to work out how the damage has actually happened...........

Tony Walker
03-05-2013, 19:00
have you checked your turbo turns over nice and free, a piece was stuck in my turbo i could turn it a little then it jammed, had to take exhaust housing off and clean it out.

GTphil
03-05-2013, 19:49
Turbo appears to be spinning freely, the engine was literally shut off almost immediately after the failure, i see what your saying tho and maybe it's worth taking the housing off and giving it a check over.:agree:

I'm hoping not that much swarf has made it's way into the oil also. Turbo was pre-filtered but by one of those hose solutions filters that will only catch any large lumps of metal, I'm going to strain the oil that comes out also and see what i can find.

gtmatt
03-05-2013, 20:26
If robbie dnt have one ask Pete backyard he's local

Tony Walker
03-05-2013, 20:27
shouldnt be crap in the oil apart from through the rebuild process. Atleast make sure theres nothing in the exhaust manifold. better safe than sorry, last thing you want is something flying through the spinny bit.

GTphil
03-05-2013, 20:29
If robbie dnt have one ask Pete backyard he's local

Will do Matt, cheers:)

Alistair Gresty
03-05-2013, 21:02
Iv'e got quite a few lying about, pop down Phil & you can have one foc, you can even choose the best one (I'm moving units & am de cluttering)

GTphil
03-05-2013, 21:17
Nice one Alistair that's a great offer, do you know much about where the heads you have came from, i.e off running cars ect?

Alistair Gresty
03-05-2013, 21:39
Cant remember sorry Phil, I think they may have been from a few I broke many years ago but not sure, they have been in my barn loft for a long time. Ill take some pics & measurements tomorrow so you've an idea before you make the trip over.

GTphil
03-05-2013, 21:47
Cheers :D