PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre!!!!

fossie
28-04-2013, 14:10
Ok so took my clocks out today to fix the wobbly speedo.
I cut the connector of the speedo in the engine bay and connected the wires. Cleaned the sensor on the gearbox also
Cleaned the connector up on the back of the speedo.

Now the speedo don't work at all and now the oil light doesn't come on. The bulb is fine by the way.

Any suggestions before I set fire to it lol

fossie
28-04-2013, 20:36
Well found the loose wire so the oil pressure gauge now works.... Is the other connector for the light and level?

ScottKinnear
28-04-2013, 20:48
If you have a double connection then yes

fossie
28-04-2013, 21:02
If you have a double connection then yes

Cheers buddy ill fiddle about with the other side and clean it up.
Thanks again

fossie
29-04-2013, 20:51
Right got the light and pressure gauge working. However on returning to the car and starting it again the light won't work. Traced the wiring back to the black connector behind the headlight and there's no breaks.

Now my question is can one part of the sensor itself not work I.e the pressure side work but the light side not?

Tony Walker
29-04-2013, 21:05
Its a weird system powered through the pressure and level sensor... i cant remember which provides the light but its all a bit of a pain... even more so if you dont have the original connectors and just have 4 wires lol

fossie
29-04-2013, 21:17
Yeah it's a right pain in the arse.
Oil pressure has never worked but found a loose wire which happened to be the right one.
Connected everything, worked, then the light packed up ffs, flashed on for a split second and ain't been on again.

Any ideas

fossie
29-04-2013, 23:05
Anyone, don't really wanna fork out 50 for a new sensor