PDA

View Full Version : Clio 172 fault advice.

Ron
27-04-2013, 20:49
Well I have had a 172 for a couple of months and I'm starting to wish I had kept my old GTT! Had quite a few niggles upto now! I know quite a few of you guys play with these!

The latest problem I have is that the car runs at 1500rpm the throttle does nothing and the ESP and Service light are on, along with a diagnostic light? Is a 52 plate phase 2. Is there a common problem that this maybe?

The car will be getting scanned on Tuesday but is there anything I can check in the meantime?

Cheers Ron

andybond
27-04-2013, 21:00
Fuses.

More accuratly the fuse box. Take every fuse out , clean , and repeat. This causes mine to idle high ..

DaveL485
28-04-2013, 11:06
Take the throttle body off and clean it out in brake cleaner too. The calibrate every time the engine starts and if they get gummed up and ****ty it causes havoc.

gtmatt
28-04-2013, 16:43
Fly by wire throttle went on Mine in pedal ,Wires under the seat for Airbag light ,Abs Sensor :)

Ron
28-04-2013, 18:46
I have fixed this today! Simple fix in the end. Found the plug on the throttle body is not very good and it had worked loose! Now going to see if I can get a new plug and remove the throttlebody and give it a clean.

Cheers Ron