PDA

View Full Version : R5 Paint code says "Glacier 389" but it's not

StuHERTS
25-04-2013, 20:42
Guys, i just want to sand and touch up a few small rust spots around the car.
I bought some Renault Glacier White touch up paint and i know my car would have faded some, but this touch up glacier paint is way too white.
What white do you use?

Mattv6
25-04-2013, 20:47
It is 20'years old on some of our cars though.

TOMTOM
25-04-2013, 20:47
That's about right.lol I'd got to a local paint supply company and get them to knock some up to match yr paintwork. They can tint it, either is a basecoat or a 2k solid, thats what we do at our place when painting some types of car. There's probably a few variants of the white also.

StuHERTS
25-04-2013, 20:50
I reckon theres quite a few different shades lol but a few bits of rust coming through, i wanna sand it lightly and paint. But where ive done it, it looks ridiculous.
Ill sound it down again and go over it but what about panda white?

gimme5
26-04-2013, 00:34
Rub some T cut over a area if the cloth stays clear it's done in base coat theirs around 7 shades and if white on cloth its solid around 6 shades. I worked in a body shop and even when these cars were fairly new we still had to blow them in (blend) in to the next panel. if you go to your local body shop for touch up they will mix you solid as this is best for coverage, as most base coats are water base now and you would have to touch it up in layers and then with clear after, other wise it would just wash off. Trouble is these cars have probs being painted a few times in their life making matching difficult, but it can be done.