PDA

View Full Version : GT Turbo wanted ad in local paper

Ricardo
18-04-2013, 10:18
Just flicking through the local Evening Echo here in the Southend area and someone's put a wanted ad in there. Any condition considered please call, cash waiting..... R5 Scotty? Anyone else local to me on here put the ad in?

Only mention it as its not everyday you see someone asking for this specific make/model of car. :coffee:

chris
18-04-2013, 10:21
Its probabley scotty he is takeing on mike and cgb :laugh:

TopCat
18-04-2013, 10:27
Its probabley scotty he is takeing on mike and cgb :laugh:

Lmao.

Wouldn't be Scott mate. He aint got room.

chris
18-04-2013, 10:34
Scotts loft is like a warehouse the stuff he can find up there :laugh:

r5_scotty
18-04-2013, 10:37
Yea its me :) thought I would start scottys turbo spares lol :) hahaha can't belive ya actually thought it was me. If I had the space I would! I noticed the ad too. Wonder who's doin it?

Jimmy5
18-04-2013, 11:15
Mingblus3 has the wanted add. Spoke to him the other night

Big Steve - Raider
18-04-2013, 11:37
My money is on Fail Dale aka Bigfoot???

TopCat
18-04-2013, 16:31
Hahaha @ big steve's comment.

Bit of a odd place to place an ad, there's about 7 in the southend area.

dangerous dave
18-04-2013, 16:58
Trying to turn a profit on a gtt is setting sail for fail... There all so fcked, theres no end to the repair work, you just have to have it taxed/mot'd and hope the new owners a fool..

Bigfoot
18-04-2013, 18:50
My money is on Fail Dale aka Bigfoot???

Ill take that bet. Will accept payment by PayPal but must be as a gift :D

mingblus3
19-04-2013, 23:06
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Salty is correct. You lot are like eagles!

We did have a chat and it turns out he has exactly what i'm looking for but it's his baby.

Anyway I'm hoping and praying that some old girl/boy calls me with a low miler 2 recent 4starclassic sales are proof they are out there lurking in small numbers, but we are nearly at the end of a full week advertising in Essex with no calls which to be fair I half expected considering Essex is my local area.

Couple of texts however but not what I am looking for.

Cheers everyone!

mingblus3
19-04-2013, 23:21
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Bit of a odd place to place an ad, there's about 7 in the southend area.[/quote]

7 of what?

Advertising in the local papers is going to get the word around to the sort of people who have garages and who do not have the time or the energy to place an advert.

I did get a call from a friend who saw my advert, he was flicking through the paper while on his lunch break. He called to ask if it's my advert and I told him it was. He then discussed his Series 1 RS turbo that has been in his parents garage for over 15 years on axle stands, he purchased it while we were still at school age 16 and never wanted to drive it or take it out. He has no interest whatsoever in the car and its well under 50K on the clock with the original factory fit tyres in the shed and all original panels. It's not every day you get an opportunity to put a bid down on a car like this which was mint 15 years ago before storage. My dilemma is do I want the series 1 rs turbo? However I have no idea how the car looks now having been sat so many years.

I also have no idea on how much it's worth now considering it will need fully re-commissioning. But there is someone else staking an interest via his parents that is going to make an offer!

alex barker
20-04-2013, 09:04
I was one of those txts lol

At least let me take you for a drive in my 21.

I garentee you won't be dissapointed ;-)

TopCat
20-04-2013, 09:15
Series 1 RS turbo sounds pretty decent.

7 was the number of cars I've heard of in the southend area chap. U after a project or u gonna break it?

You selling the 21 still then Al? Can't believe no ones taken it off your hands yet

alex barker
20-04-2013, 09:36
Yeah still for sale :-(

I assume no1 even knows what they are let alone considered buying one!

It's a shame, I've had it all renault turbo wise and the 21 knocks the socks of em all round. Needs to go to fund the last bits for our wedding :-)

TopCat
20-04-2013, 09:44
Bring it to some car shows this summer with me and Tom mate- it'll sell itself. I reckon deep down u wanna keep it don't ya ;)

r5_scotty
20-04-2013, 09:47
Yeah still for sale :-(

I assume no1 even knows what they are let alone considered buying one!

It's a shame, I've had it all renault turbo wise and the 21 knocks the socks of em all round. Needs to go to fund the last bits for our wedding :-)

still got a monkey here for it :cooter: im surprised it aint sold to be far. but there just isnt the want for em. shame. just stick it away somewhere al

Penfold aka The Dealer
20-04-2013, 09:48
I really miss my 21, a cracking car, worth every penny... If I ever get back into the game and want a fast 2nd car a 21 would be top of my list :)

alex barker
20-04-2013, 12:08
No room and need too free the cash up. My little brother wants it as a fail safe which isn't too bad as il get to use it as I want ;-)