PDA

View Full Version : help how do i fix this?

B18ftMOJO5
16-04-2013, 04:42
Hi i changed my rear left damper because the adjustable one was goosed. After trying to open the top nut on the drivers side rear damper. The bolt got stuck. Wont open or close fully. Now the wobbly rear feels much better.;) Albeit a small wobble and a knocking noise now coming from the rear right. How do i remove this bolt now? Where can i get some new bolts?

Wallace
16-04-2013, 09:03
If I'm reading this right:scratch:

You'll need a spanner on both sides? And cain the nut & bolt with WD40 or something similar to ease them up

Assuming you've got the car on axle stands you can jack up the rear beam a little to take the pressure off!

As for new bolts, can't remember what size they are (M14??? But that is just a guess:disagree:) but they are easily available if you got a car spares or industrial suppliers near you, just take one with you and they'll know, just make sure the nut is a 'nyloc nut'

B18ftMOJO5
16-04-2013, 18:17
Thanks wallace. I will try that thanks. :agree:

michael tierney
16-04-2013, 20:20
tip! before u touch a nut and bolt like that use a wire or steel brush to remove as much rust from the threads as possible...then oil it and work it back and forth using the brush again!!