PDA

View Full Version : Brake Judder

Junglist
15-04-2013, 20:17
When braking hard from speed i gat terrible brake judder , the hole car shakes to death.
Whats the usaul cause , pads , disks , bearings ? all of the above ?

kial
15-04-2013, 20:24
Warped discs ? Steering wheel vibrate ?

Junglist
15-04-2013, 20:33
Steering wheels shudders too. Think it's new disk time.

Tony Walker
15-04-2013, 20:39
if the steering wheel vibrates then probably front discs. also make sure the hub face is clean when puttin the new discs on. Try the handbrake and see if the car judders this would obviously mean the rear discs.

Kris M
15-04-2013, 21:06
Sliders could be seized aswell

Tony Walker
15-04-2013, 21:49
yeah obviously dealing with why theyve warped is a good idea :D

Sticking pads/callipers/sliders or lack of use. or too much use ;) and not letting them cool.

Junglist
01-05-2013, 20:03
These brakes are doing my head in now. Plus I've had my wheels balanced but all the weights were rubbing on calipers so they've all come off now the wheel wobbles like mad when I'm driving.
I've got some new brembo discs here to fit. I seem to remember putting copper grease on the sliders last time I had them out which could be the cause.

How can I push the piston back in to fit on the New discs. I've not got a special tool.

markg
01-05-2013, 20:23
To push the front pistons in I have used a G-clamp in the past or a metal bar to give extra leverage. From what I remember the rear pistons wind in and I used a big screw driver to wind them back. Of course the proper tool would make the rears easier. Dont forget to check the level of the brake fluid bottle because if its full you wont push the pistons in. I take the lid off as well.

gttjames
02-05-2013, 16:40
like said providing no seized calipers or sliders etc, brake from high speed and if it vibrates the steering wheel - its front discs warped

if it shakes hole car and not violently shaking steering wheel it will be rears

THE MASTER
02-05-2013, 18:40
that reminds me i gotta sort out the front discs on my 5. I warped them last time i drove it ...oppppps:burnrubber:

Junglist
02-05-2013, 22:20
Got new discs on today and wheels balanced. All sorted I think find out in the morning on the motorway.
Bit mad about having to have the wheel weights on the outside of the alloy.