PDA

View Full Version : F7p arp main cap studs

danielmk323
13-04-2013, 18:45
Hi guys any one now s where can i buy them and will the f4 one fit one the f7p like this one s http://www.performanceenginecomponents.com/products/product.asp?id=251230

HAndy
14-04-2013, 21:05
Hi guys any one now s where can i buy them and will the f4 one fit one the f7p like this one s http://www.performanceenginecomponents.com/products/product.asp?id=251230

looked into this ages ago, i dont know ,and the arp rep didnt want to know either as his words where" cars to old not enough interest" :(

i would assume they would prob fit , renault have a way of uniforming parts across most of there engines to save production costs etc :) buy a set and fit them and report back:D or use some high tensile 12.9 capped head bolts :)

would deffo get a set for mine for future development if they did work out :), think the f4 arp head bolts work although i think you need a thick high tensile washer underneath them, for use on the f7p head;)

Tutuur
15-04-2013, 07:47
robbie uses the original main studs in his 505bhp f7p:)

danielmk323
15-04-2013, 16:51
but are the oe head bolts up to the job

HAndy
15-04-2013, 17:25

i would be very surprised if he has stuck with the o.e 10.8 tensile bolts, can you confirm this?

either way 12.9 are the next best thing to arp stud kits, and that is what i used :)
east to get ,cheap, and have a higher stress/stretch rating over the o.e bolts=win win :cooter:

turbo ted
15-04-2013, 17:29
the only arp bolts in my engine are on the conrods the rest is standard head bolts main caps flywheel etc its all over kill. The weak point of these engines are the valves they like to bounce and hit pistons at 8800rpm to cure this fit cat cams uprated valves springs and titanium springs retainers.
regards turboted

danielmk323
15-04-2013, 17:29
i would be very surprised if he has stuck with the o.e 10.8 tensile bolts, can you confirm this?

either way 12.9 are the next best thing to arp stud kits, and that is what i used :)
east to get ,cheap, and have a higher stress/stretch rating over the o.e bolts=win win :cooter:
where can i buy them :ashamed:

danielmk323
15-04-2013, 17:31
the only arp bolts in my engine are on the conrods the rest is standard head bolts main caps flywheel etc its all over kill. The weak point of these engines are the valves they like to bounce and hit pistons at 8800rpm to cure this fit cat cams uprated valves springs and titanium springs retainers.
regards turboted
Tanks for the info:agree:

HAndy
15-04-2013, 18:31
regards turboted

thanks for the confirmation;)

apart from freeing up the valve train weight , what are the advantages of using the titanuim spring retainers over steel items, will they really help with valve bounce that much? and what rpm are you now taking it to now
:D:cooter:
i am using the piper uprated springs and piper steel retainers, although i have as of yet never taken it over 8000rpm:ashamed:

turbo ted
15-04-2013, 19:11
thanks for the confirmation;)

apart from freeing up the valve train weight , what are the advantages of using the titanuim spring retainers over steel items, will they really help with valve bounce that much? and what rpm are you now taking it to now
:D:cooter:
i am using the piper uprated springs and piper steel retainers, although i have as of yet never taken it over 8000rpm:ashamed:
hi Andrew the titanium retainers came in a kit with the cat cams springs advantages I don't know but scoff did take it to 9200rpm on the rollers and it was still making power as for road use rev limiter set to 8700rpm:D

danielmk323
15-04-2013, 19:18
hi Andrew the titanium retainers came in a kit with the cat cams springs advantages I don't know but scoff did take it to 9200rpm on the rollers and it was still making power as for road use rev limiter set to 8700rpm:D
Dam it :smokin:

HAndy
15-04-2013, 21:56

yeah..... i think that should be enough :laugh::laugh::laugh:although, could you gain more by going over to mechanical lifters/shims:D:cooter:

Tutuur
16-04-2013, 07:57
holy sh*t!!! i thought you revved to 8200 and thought that was high!

so with uprated springs and retainers the stock hyd. lifters work to over 8500rpm? :D

btw, the stretch on main bolts and head bolts has more to do with torque then power. as torque is a result of cylinder pressure.
so it's safe too assume standard headbolts and main studs are capable of handling 360lb/ft which Robbie is running according to the 505bhp graph i've seen.

never wrong to fit 12.9 quality bolts though.

to Daniel: go to any mechanical supplier in the neighborhood and they should be able to supply these bolts. just bring the old ones and ask if they have the same measurements but with 12.9 quality.

danielmk323
17-05-2013, 18:52
So to all who like to now the arp main cap studs of the f4r fit on the f7p like a glove

HAndy
17-05-2013, 19:14
super job :agree::cool: