PDA

View Full Version : Turbo 2? Where to find one?

Alastair
13-04-2013, 12:49
Hi all, looks like my divorce and settlement should be sorted in a few months time and I think I want another project when it all comes through.

The plan is to find a turbo2 or turbo1 project, preferably complete but not essential.

There are a few overpriced ones on car and classic, but no projects.

Anyone got any suggestions where to look? I thought I had better start looking now as I know they are hard to find.

newbstar*
13-04-2013, 17:33
Did you sell the 5 then?

Sam Fish
13-04-2013, 17:59
Sounds exciting Alastair!

Trevhib
13-04-2013, 18:44
Did you sell the silver Ph1 Alistair?

The new Bill J
13-04-2013, 18:49
If you're after a project, it could be an idea to contact a guy known as Maxi Man (Mark Wicks). He has all sorts of stuff 5 Turbo related.

Sparkie
13-04-2013, 19:29
There are a few overpriced ones on car and classic, but no projects.

Anyone got any suggestions where to look? I thought I had better start looking now as I know they are hard to find.

define overpriced?

what price do you think you should be paying for one?

Alastair
14-04-2013, 10:05
Hi guys, so who is this Maxi Man? Amy contact details?

As for price I am after a project, and not sure which direction to take... Either full race with all the TDC trimmings or an OE minter with a few tweaks, it all depends on what I find.

Price wise I know what a decent one is worth and think that circa 20k is reasonable for an average one, complete with all the trimmings.

Mattv6
14-04-2013, 11:48
Hi I've been looking now for a good few months. For 20k you are very unlikely to get anything. Turbo 1s are fetching 40k upwards and turbo 2s are creeping up tht way. Only one I saw which sold for 20 was back last year at auction and needed a fair bit of work to get it up to scratch.

Sparkie
14-04-2013, 11:57
i havent seen or heard of any that are any good going for less than £25k. 'project cars' are very rare these days as everyone knows their worth.
Maximan - aka Mark Wicks lives down in Brasted near Westerham / Sevenoaks area.
i'll pm you his number :)

Alastair
20-04-2013, 07:59
i havent seen or heard of any that are any good going for less than £25k. 'project cars' are very rare these days as everyone knows their worth.
Maximan - aka Mark Wicks lives down in Brasted near Westerham / Sevenoaks area.
i'll pm you his number :)

Thanks Sparkie. Think your Pm was corrupted when my inbox was full, any chance you can send again please?