PDA

View Full Version : anyone been out in there fives easter weekend??

r5_scotty
01-04-2013, 16:52
so sunday i decided to dust the car off nd go for a blast. got him out of the garage ,let it warm up and all was perfect!!! then headed to a pals to meet up and blew a brand new oil return hose!a genuine renault one too. no idea how:confused: dumped plenty of oil everywhere,couldnt belive it. allways a bit of excitement when goin out in a five:D so got towed home by my pal in his scoob :crap:.i spent a couple of hours cleanin oil off the box and subframe etc and fitted a spare i had . pushed it back in the garage with the hump .day 1 was a nighmare! so onto today the last day of the easter weekend and i didnt have to work:agree: pulled it out of the garage gave it a wash and a polish . sun was out and couldnt have been better. the little ladie wanted to go meet her pal in southend for lunch, took her in the five. which she was really pleased about lol after the day befor , she said are we gona make it into town?? cheeky cow :laugh: we set off and it was perfoming great!! dropped her off and headed down to the seafront and there was a monster easter biker meet. was quality!!parked the five up went for a wonder :cool: there were some great bikes and everyone seemed friendly. then headed back to the five and there were bikers all round it saying, i had one of these!!! was the bollocks. a couple people took pics. felt great. made an awsum day compared to sunday. the car ran and performed perfectly was chuffed and evan got a chance to go for a blast with some of the boys :D:agree:

a good day ,felt i had to post up about it . anyone else have a good weekend with there five :)

Logg
01-04-2013, 18:00
Been using mine as my daily wheels for the last three weeks. I took the car to to the new misses parents the first time I met them her dad called it a classic :eek: never heard a GTT called that before. Been stopped at a few traffic lights expecting to be shouted at for driving like a dick only to be told there story of owning one many years ago and how great a car they are. Also always "you don't see many of these anymore" just because of that I'm going to drive little old Beatrice more often.

Funny you should say about blowing your oil return pipe mine popes off on one of my first runs the other week. :sad:

Brigsy
01-04-2013, 18:32
Moved mine to my other garage approx 400 yards away does that count? First outing in 6 month. Some divvy middle aged bloke in a scenic nearly ploughed into me, he was turning a corner on wrong side of the road, couldnt believe it lol.

Gave the wifes 225 some boost over the moor roads yesterday though, was epic.

A tip for you two with the oil return hose, brake cleaner all parts thoroughly before refitting, the hose will go super sticky and never comes off ;)

Logg
01-04-2013, 19:14
A tip for you two with the oil return hose, brake cleaner all parts thoroughly before refitting, the hose will go super sticky and never comes off ;)

I'll try that one mate! :agree:

Each time I did the jublly clip up it just slipped off the hose in the end I had to use two clips was right doing my noodle in. :scratch: