PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 repair.

Matt Cole
26-12-2008, 17:02
Got an xbox here with the 3 lights of death. Ive tried the overheating and x clamp mod but no joy. Still the 3 lights. Is it completely fubared??

Martyn....11 Turbo
26-12-2008, 17:44
If it’s still under warranty Microsoft will fix it free of charge.

Andrew Cooke
26-12-2008, 17:45
Is it completely fubared??

can be :smashpc:

minty83
26-12-2008, 17:55
If it’s still under warranty Microsoft will fix it free of charge.
if you warrentys out will cost you 60 from microsoft to fix it.. iv just done that with my elite... but whilst waiting for the repair found a bloke on ebay selling brand new xbox arcades for 70 collected.. i bought 3;) rrp129

Matt Cole
26-12-2008, 18:44
i got it given, opened it up, tried the fix and then discovered its still got a few months left. Any contact numbers for microsoft repair?? Can i not just get a new board and bang it in??

UNICRONICUS
31-12-2008, 11:17
If the case has been opened then Microsoft will not touch the console as the warranty seal is broken. I tried numerous of things to try and fix the broken xbox I bought and nothing worked for me. Yes the x-clamp mod can work in a lot of cases, as do the other ways for modifying the heat sinks, but if the solder on the motherboard is badly broken then none of these mods will work unless you re-solder it. I couldn't find anywhere on the board that had a broken solder point but I knew it was under the GPU chip somewhere that housed the problem according to the secondary error codes, as described here (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726).

As for replacing the motherboard, I don't think it's as easy as just swapping one for the other like in a conventional PC. The CD drive needs to be paired up with the board for one and I'm not sure if there are other compatibility issues with doing this either...

wrightygtt
05-01-2009, 19:50
I must be a spaz I just noticed this thread, after posting mine, if your having issues follow the guy in my links instructions exactly, it worked for me, so far!