PDA

View Full Version : uprated clutch for clio turbo

birrew
28-03-2013, 05:32
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi guys

Looking to upgrade the clutch for my turbo build but finding it hard to find one with out paying a small fortune.

I really want to go use 6 paddle as I think the 4 with be to harsh for daily driving, but i have been told that I can buy a 6 paddle clutch and use my standard pressure plate

Has any done or know if its a good idea? or are black diamond clutches any good?

Cheers

Logg
28-03-2013, 06:10
I'm running a six plate Helix paddle and Valeo Volvo cover haven't asked anyone if it was a good idea just did it. :laugh: Maybe some of the more knowledgeable boys on here can answer that. :)

I find it much harsher then my old four paddle AP and Helix with Valeo cover.

This is on a c1j not f7p or fArt though.

TNT ANDY
28-03-2013, 06:50
I'm on the 4 paddle with long arm extension conversion - drives as nice as my mini, no problems at all.

Brigsy
28-03-2013, 09:53
4 paddle isnt too bad in traffic even with semi solid engine mounts. The only thing i would be concerned about on a daily driver is wear. Saying that i have got about 8k out of my ap plate touch wood

Tutuur
28-03-2013, 10:31
6 paddle with stock pp will do, all depens on your power output ofcourse.... use the search though. lots of threads around on this.

birrew
28-03-2013, 10:37

6 paddle with stock pp will do, all depens on your power output ofcourse.... use the search though. lots of threads around on this.

Power wise im looking at about 240bhp to keep in on the safe side until I get a gearbox sorted for more power

Cupman
11-04-2013, 10:27

what are you doing with the gearbox as you dont want to spend a fortune on a fancy 4 or 6 paddle helix unit then change to a VAG box.

I would get a 4 paddle helix plate and use a decent OE spec valeo PP. Should cost no more than £160 all in and be easier to drive than the helix PP as a daily.