PDA

View Full Version : wish I never bought a r5 turbo

biker6660
25-12-2008, 18:53
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

traveled miles for a good one with spot on engine:), got there big end gone! head gasket gone! turbo smoking! exhurst knacked! is this normal for r5s as I am now having to build this from dot still got it a bit cheaper :cry:

MR TURBO
25-12-2008, 18:56

traveled miles for a good one with spot on engine:), got there big end gone! head gasket gone! turbo smoking! exhurst knacked! is this normal for r5s as I am now having to build this from dot still got it a bit cheaper :cry:

Sounds like they saw you coming if you ask me sorry to say it!!!! Please dont tell me you paid good nicker for it too!!!!

biker6660
25-12-2008, 19:04

Sounds like they saw you coming if you ask me sorry to say it!!!! Please dont tell me you paid good nicker for it too!!!!
not to bad it did have a full dimma kit on it split rims and does look good just needs an engine and turbo not made my mind up if to build one or buy one its just they are all down south im a northen bumpkin

5alldaway
25-12-2008, 19:19
probly took it out for one last rag

Beardo
25-12-2008, 19:19
welcome to the club , if you need any bits mate just shout as i have a nearly complete engine for sale as i'm going 16v on throttle bodies ! :D

MR TURBO
25-12-2008, 19:26

not to bad it did have a full dimma kit on it split rims and does look good just needs an engine and turbo not made my mind up if to build one or buy one its just they are all down south im a northen bumpkin

Sounds like the kit and wheels were hiding something more dark and sinister within....I'd of taken it back or better still never took it and told em where to go.....But unfortunately this does happen to a lot of people hope you sort it whatever you choose to do:agree:

raj
25-12-2008, 19:47
welcome to the club mate. sell the 5.move on.end of.:cry:

biker6660
25-12-2008, 19:57

Sounds like the kit and wheels were hiding something more dark and sinister within....I'd of taken it back or better still never took it and told em where to go.....But unfortunately this does happen to a lot of people hope you sort it whatever you choose to do:agree:
well it will teach me to buy on ebay!! still it will give me something to do this winter, just keep me away from the wife when I start spending money on it if there is someone with a good engine for sale please send an email thanks

raj
25-12-2008, 19:58
why not rebuild the engine yourself?
as you say..it will give you something to do over the winter.???

biker6660
25-12-2008, 20:15

why not rebuild the engine yourself?
as you say..it will give you something to do over the winter.???because im very lazy:D

Blick
25-12-2008, 20:23
sounds like u hav your work cut out then matey!!! should av told him 2 go **** himself after findin all that was wrong with it. hope u didnt pay 2 much 4 it and best of luck :agree:

raj
25-12-2008, 21:22
also, i hope for your sake that the shell isnt rotten behind the rear wide arches!

best to give the car a good going over to see if its actually worth you putting your time money effort into it.

Brigsy
25-12-2008, 21:29
I would have walked away from that unless it was under £200. Easy enough to sort though, Build it right & it will be fine:)

raj
25-12-2008, 22:00
Build it right & it will be fine:)

i agree:agree: unless you come across the same problem im having that i havent been able to solve since finishing my rebuild 6months ago:cry: which i doubt you will. im beginning to think the gtt isnt the car for me anymore.:( can you tell the cars depressing me?:cry:

MikeA
25-12-2008, 22:24
i agree:agree: unless you come across the same problem im having that i havent been able to solve since finishing my rebuild 6months ago:cry: which i doubt you will. im beginning to think the gtt isnt the car for me anymore.:( can you tell the cars depressing me?:cry:

Cheer up Raj! Your other engines looked like crackers and by the sound of it sold successfully. Its like in poker, everybody always remembers the bad hands and getting caught out but never the good ones! Just think of the other ones working! :agree:

5s for life! (Im still optimistic cause I havent had any problems yet :D)

raj
25-12-2008, 22:40
Cheer up Raj! Your other engines looked like crackers and by the sound of it sold successfully. Its like in poker, everybody always remembers the bad hands and getting caught out but never the good ones! Just think of the other ones working! :agree:

5s for life! (Im still optimistic cause I havent had any problems yet :D)

i have enough mate, i want out.! just need to solve the current problem and it'll be up for sale. i want it gone. ill have one again,but at the moment i need a much better car as ill be starting taxis soon.

MikeA
25-12-2008, 22:48
i have enough mate, i want out.! just need to solve the current problem and it'll be up for sale. i want it gone. ill have one again,but at the moment i need a much better car as ill be starting taxis soon.

Surely not! :sad2: Once you get it running hopefully youll have a change of heart! :agree:

If not...gimme a call about the engine for sale! :laugh: jk

Good luck with it still.

RICHIE
25-12-2008, 22:55
raj have you had a fresh set of eyes look over the car yet mate mabe your getting yourself worked up and it may be a simple fix mate. is the accelorator cable set correctly cant remember if its been mentioned

raj
26-12-2008, 09:58
raj have you had a fresh set of eyes look over the car yet mate mabe your getting yourself worked up and it may be a simple fix mate. is the accelorator cable set correctly cant remember if its been mentioned

lets leave the questions for my thread insted of hijacking the newbies:ashamed:
no had a fresh set of eyes look at it. acc cable isnt connected.

royz
27-12-2008, 20:57

because im very lazy:D

i had moment like that but after 14 months of work got her back on the road and have not stopped laughing yet. :laugh: keep with it and it will be worth it also you know what has been done to the engine and how it all gose together.