PDA

View Full Version : dash removal guide

gttjames
25-03-2013, 16:04
doing windscreen surround guys and to get the new bit properly spot welded in i need to get behind the dash, either remove it completley, or just shift it back 2inches or so

any how to's on
sliding it back if possible?
or even removal, cheers

Bigfoot
25-03-2013, 16:26
Remove:

Centre Console
Steering wheel
Coin tray insert
Dash clocks
Lower steering plastics
Choke cable

Unscrew holding screws which can be found in those places including unbolting steering column

Two white clips each side of the dash hold ends in place. Then tap up dash as there are three retaining clips on top. Then move out the way, have to disconnect the wiring if you want to remove the dash out fully

123-gtt
25-03-2013, 17:27
Dangerous Dave has just done one last week,he might be able to give good tips,should be still fresh in his head,If there is anything in there :D:laugh:

gttjames
26-03-2013, 08:59
cheers guys - seen dale post before he rekons hes a pro at them so il follow his guide, hopefully can just do above and slide back and no need to touch wirring.

Got half the trims removed allready so should be ok, thanks

Bigfoot
26-03-2013, 09:15
The most difficult part is the top three clips at the top, rest is easy.

Jeff Ninebar
26-03-2013, 13:05
For the top clips get a long bar or pole 2-3ft in length and insert from bottom/underside.back of dash then push on the underside of the top part of the dash, the dash should pop off the clips

I took some pics of the clips here: http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=30423

Bigfoot
26-03-2013, 13:30
For the top clips get a long bar or pole 2-3ft in length and insert from bottom/underside.back of dash then push on the underside of the top part of the dash, the dash should pop off the clips

I took some pics of the clips here: http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=30423

:agree: Used an socket extension bar

gttjames
26-03-2013, 23:17
does it pop back on ok lol?

Bigfoot
26-03-2013, 23:22
does it pop back on ok lol?

Line up along top and tap on top to pop it back in, make sure wires are in the right places first though else can be a pain to move around. heater controls will stop you moving the dash out far if you havent thought of that.

gardner51
27-03-2013, 07:00
Get practicing James. As mine needs to come out soon and for new heater matrix :)

Dudders
27-04-2013, 23:39
i just took one out of my tungy grey one to steal the heater matrix outta it, what a lovely job that is! twas made loads easier by th fact that there is no iterior at all inside the car lol
but not looking forward to taking the dash outta the black one as its just been valeted and i think i will cry if i damage something before it gets back on the road.
oh an it will be for sale in the summer if anyones interested? apparently i need to buy a new bathroom with it :mad: