PDA

View Full Version : Pumping oil without turning the engine over?

123-gtt
24-03-2013, 19:05
I read somewhere you can build oil pressure by spinning the the dizzy shaft or something like that? Could someone shed some light on this,if its any good to me?
I'm worried I my have crap in my oil system,was thinking I could pump some oil round the engine with out running it,to flush it through ,or is there a easyer way to do this?

Nottswoody
24-03-2013, 19:08
I read somewhere you can build oil pressure by spinning the the dizzy shaft or something like that? Could someone shed some light on this,if its any good to me?
I'm worried I my have crap in my oil system,was thinking I could pump some oil round the engine with out running it,to flush it through ,or is there a easyer way to do this?

Get the bottom of the dizzy the toothed part that touches the cam you will need a spare as you have to grind all the teeth of so its smooth. Relocate put your dizzy in take the cap an arm off stick a drill were the arm hose and drill clockwise :) did this the otherday and works a treat

123-gtt
24-03-2013, 19:14
Get the bottom of the dizzy the toothed part that touches the cam you will need a spare as you have to grind all the teeth of so its smooth. Relocate put your dizzy in take the cap an arm off stick a drill were the arm hose and drill clockwise :) did this the otherday and works a treat

Sweet I thought I read this somewhere :agree: iv got a spare somewhere,gunna try and run though loads of oil through some kind of fine filter system and give it a super flush

Alex
24-03-2013, 19:23
Rather than butcher a dizzy drive wouldn't it be easier to remove it and stick a bit of dowling in of the correct size and spin that in a drill? I've never tried it but I'd imagine that might work and be a cheap way of doing it?

Nottswoody
24-03-2013, 19:33
Cgb dissy part £3 :)

Jonny5
24-03-2013, 19:50
Cgb dissy part £3 :)

Dont forget the £8.99 postage :laugh: :laugh:

LeeR5GTT
24-03-2013, 19:57
Dont forget the £8.99 postage :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:

AidenJ
25-03-2013, 09:54
I'm sure I could start a business buying stuff from CGB and posting it to you for cheaper myself :D