PDA

View Full Version : Effing window

fossie
23-03-2013, 17:15
Is there a way to get the window up. Mines kaput and will not budge. Think either the motor or regulator is dead
It's cold and need it up lol..

Jimmy5
23-03-2013, 17:39
Is there a way to get the window up. Mines kaput and will not budge. Think either the motor or regulator is dead
It's cold and need it up lol..

Try swapping switched just incase your switch has a dodgy connection

Bigfoot
23-03-2013, 17:44
Door card off, unplug the connector going to the motor and connect up positive and negative and see if it moves, rules out everything else, but do try switch, or there is a plug by footwell which haynes manual tells you which ones to try to move the window as thats how I have done in the past.

fossie
23-03-2013, 19:12
Cheers guys I've already swapped switches so its not that. Ill have a look in the Haynes also

andybond
23-03-2013, 20:34
If it conked out on the way down , open the door wide. See the rubber protective thingy that has the wires in it ? Waggle it. Waggle it some more. Fixed mine many a time

michael tierney
23-03-2013, 21:33
door card removed!!spray loads of wd40 into motor where the wires go in....should clean up the bad connection

fossie
23-03-2013, 22:02
Cheers for the tips. It was running slow for ages so ill spray wd40 on it and wiggle those wires

Seems strange that it seemed to work then nothing so your right possible a loose connection

Gtturbo
23-03-2013, 23:47
Mate, I had exactly the same issue on the black one. The window would not budge and was all the way down. Managed to get the glass out by unscrewing the window mechanism from the glass in situ. Very tight but doable. It helps widening the top door edges and wedging it opening so you get a spanner down to undo the top screw. Bottom 2 screws are a little easier but again very little room. Once glass is out you can then start to strip the mechanism out and remove the motor.

AidenJ
25-03-2013, 09:56
Mate, I had exactly the same issue on the black one. The window would not budge and was all the way down. Managed to get the glass out by unscrewing the window mechanism from the glass in situ. Very tight but doable. It helps widening the top door edges and wedging it opening so you get a spanner down to undo the top screw. Bottom 2 screws are a little easier but again very little room. Once glass is out you can then start to strip the mechanism out and remove the motor.

This is how I did mine. If you do it this way expect to get a million tiny cuts from the rpessed steel edges. If you find that your motor works but doesnt seem to have the grunt try removing a couple of its mounting bolts and rotating it on one stud and then re-attaching. It seemed that adding more tension to it worked on mine.