PDA

View Full Version : rolling road day, aberdeen

wilton_warrior
22-03-2013, 17:31
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hey, any 5 owners interested in a rolling road day at Wallace Performance in aberdeen on saturday 6th of april? Few people from Dundee are heading up for a day there, seems i be the only GTT there, be good to meet up with any one else interested who has a renault who up for seing what there pushing or even to give a health check as what im there for after doing the head on mine. Plus im new to the gtt game. Its 40 notes and if there more than 20 motors it goes down to 30 notes. Be a good laugh.

greggtt
22-03-2013, 17:36
This might be interesting , If I'm home I would be interested mate, good to see what the blue fives putting out before she goes off the road for some restoration , keep me in the loop , I'm in Brechin so not too far for me and not too far for the AA to bring me home:D

tubbyG
22-03-2013, 17:58
I could be into this :smokin:

its about 1.5 hours drive for me. how soon would you need to know if I could make it??

wilton_warrior
22-03-2013, 18:10

Brechin? Thats no far away from me, im newtonhill

wilton_warrior
22-03-2013, 18:14

Im finalising the details now tubbyg, however im led to belive its just a turn up meet, couple of mates from dundee asked if i was up for it, they have all sorts of cars, think they have 12 defo for just now, they trying to get the over 20 mark so we get a tenner knocked off. So if you cant make it, its all good as no one will be put out over it. This is my first ever rolling road. Just hope its not all VXRs as i be picked on lol

tubbyG
22-03-2013, 21:27
ok that makes it easier for me then :laugh:

I will let you know if I can make it nearer the time

B18ftMOJO5
22-03-2013, 21:58
Snap my clutch cable went the other day. Rac dude put it on in the pouring rain.
Main thing is you get home.

greggtt
23-03-2013, 10:09

Brechin? Thats no far away from me, im newtonhill

Cool I could pop past on the way up , I'll keep you posted.

wilton_warrior
23-03-2013, 15:44

No problem :)

greggtt
27-03-2013, 21:24
So who's all going to this then ?? What time etc, I'm waiting on new shocks arriving, should have been here today:( but I can manage without the new ones , bit bouncy though:D

wilton_warrior
28-03-2013, 18:41
i had a reply from one of the boys who was going to it, they were heading up from tayside to the event. wallace performance cancled our day due to an over sight as another group has already booked for that day, the next one they could offer was in may. i had alook at there prices as i seriously need to see what my fueling is at, also for a health check. was hoping to get a before and after result as groky is making me up a one piece downpipe then i know what i can go for next. the prices were 78 notes for the hour and 60 for two power runs. not that its steep as they have decent facilities and know-how just too much for me on my own, so, idea is perhaps phone them up and ask how many cars are needed to make a wee booking for renault owners in and around scotland, i know to many it would be a long trip to aberdeen but could make it a day that could suit us all, thus brining the cost down and chewing the fat as to stories behind our 5's ect. maybe get a magazine onboard, been done before. if we short of the quota for much cheapness we bound to know a few folk wanting a run. its abit of a dissapointment but its one of those things. maybe there are other rolling road places around that can be used?

wilton_warrior
28-03-2013, 18:44
what shocks have you gone for greg? im concidering new ones after i found out my top strut bush/bearing gone:cry:

tubbyG
28-03-2013, 20:26
I know of a RR in huntly if thats within travelling distance for you??

He is an old school geeza who tuned and raced hillman imps :D I have read good reviews about his work

tubbyG
28-03-2013, 20:31
http://www.rickygauld.co.uk

Might be worth a call :burnrubber:

greggtt
28-03-2013, 20:48
Damn was looking forward to it as well , we will get something sorted soon though, I've ordered some from ebay got two fronts for 90 bucks but pretty limited for choice on the phase 1 but you will have more options with the phase 2 though, just needed something to keep me on the road for now, if your needing your strut fixed give me a shout I have a mate who has his own garage in Brechin and I used to work for Renault as a Mechanic so have a wee bit of a background with these cars but if you just did your head you probably won't have any problems , if you need me you know where I am , you ain't to far away:D

wilton_warrior
28-03-2013, 21:23
cheers tubbyG, huntlys no that far away, good wee spin like but worth a cruise. i hae a look

wilton_warrior
28-03-2013, 21:30
90 notes is good for phase one stuff, i just bought a few goodies from a chap down in fife, he selling a phase one. i went down for a exhaust manifold so i could get it ported, ended up getting a inlet manifold, plus a long block and box off him. he had a few spares kicking about if your after phase one stuff? aye its all good replacing something what you took apart, however when there is nothing there to replace you go does this bit go this way that way side ways upside down ways ect lol. renault mech? you free at the weekend.....?:laugh:

greggtt
29-03-2013, 00:26
90 notes is good for phase one stuff, i just bought a few goodies from a chap down in fife, he selling a phase one. i went down for a exhaust manifold so i could get it ported, ended up getting a inlet manifold, plus a long block and box off him. he had a few spares kicking about if your after phase one stuff? aye its all good replacing something what you took apart, however when there is nothing there to replace you go does this bit go this way that way side ways upside down ways ect lol. renault mech? you free at the weekend.....?:laugh:

Good to know, Got a night out Friday but could pop up Sunday for a bull**** if you want

wilton_warrior
29-03-2013, 11:00
Cool. Drop us a message

Cr23g
15-11-2013, 14:45
didnt know there was anyone on here near bye, im in laurencekirk :agree:

greggtt
15-11-2013, 20:32
didnt know there was anyone on here near bye, im in laurencekirk :agree:

Thought I was the only stupid begger around here but looks like there's three of us now ha ha , mini meet on the cards I think!!

Cr23g
06-12-2013, 09:55
Thought I was the only stupid begger around here but looks like there's three of us now ha ha , mini meet on the cards I think!!

this is a must! haha the car should be ready by the time the salt is off the road!

greggtt
07-12-2013, 15:46
this is a must! haha the car should be ready by the time the salt is off the road!

Summer meet it is then !!!

Give me a chance to sort a few niggles out.