PDA

View Full Version : R5 Uprated Engine Mounts

brooky
20-03-2013, 17:45
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I'm after uprated engine mounts for my phase 2 R5GTT, im putting in a 172 engine and JC5 box and turbocharging it.
Let me know if you have anything!
Thanks

BluntyR5GTT
20-03-2013, 17:46
give scoff (efi-parts) a shout he might have a set

Markey Mark (BD)
20-03-2013, 18:01
I will be having a full set of the V8 engine mounts and brakets up for sale soon once I bought my new ones

brooky
20-03-2013, 18:53

give scoff (efi-parts) a shout he might have a set

Hi, already spoke to Scoff, he's only got one left and is too busy to sort anymore out at the moment, spoke to Glenn and he suggested posting on here! Thanks though.

brooky
20-03-2013, 18:54

I will be having a full set of the V8 engine mounts and brakets up for sale soon once I bought my new ones

Any idea of your timescale mate?

Markey Mark (BD)
20-03-2013, 19:29

Any idea of your timescale mate?

Early next month i'd like to get my new ones here, are you after them pretty quick?

brooky
26-03-2013, 23:07

Early next month i'd like to get my new ones here, are you after them pretty quick?

Yes I am pal, gonna have to source some in the next few days. There's a company called vibra technics that do a competition set, more than I wanted to pay though :-(

fat roofer
26-03-2013, 23:44
Have you tried cgb? I'm sure they had some for around the £75 mark, for the set (don't quote me on that) but they were definitely uprated ones as I was considering them myself.

Just a thought if you needed them in a hurry.

Regards

Steve

Bigfoot
27-03-2013, 08:09
Have you tried cgb? I'm sure they had some for around the £75 mark, for the set (don't quote me on that) but they were definitely uprated ones as I was considering them myself.

Regards

Steve

People classed uprated mounts as the ones which came from Pearl, these are no longer available though. From what I ordered in, Firstline mounts are quite stiff as well which should be fine for the job. But depends on how far you want to go with the turbo'ing of the car you may have to think of other designs like the ones which Logg and Scoff created.

Logg
27-03-2013, 08:50
Mike has a full set of the V8 style uprated mounts.

http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/?page_id=26

brooky
28-03-2013, 10:33

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, I contacted CGB and I don't think the ones he sells are going to be strong enough for my conversion. But the ones he sells are updated than OEM ones for a good price
Ta !

brooky
28-03-2013, 10:35

Mike has a full set of the V8 style uprated mounts.

http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/?page_id=26

Hi pal,

I've looked on the website and they look like what I'm after for a much cheaper price than the Vibra Technics ones!
I've sent an email to the website wanting to buy them.

Thanks !

Logg
28-03-2013, 11:14
That's mike's web site he's a member on here.

Here's a link to his profile. But I think he may be away on holiday for the next two weeks

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=380