PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure ?

inkubus91
13-03-2013, 21:21
I just fitted an aftermarket oil pressure gauge to my b18ft using the standard volvo sender unit. Will it read correct ?

I've got a sender unit that came with the gauge but the thread does not match and I had no time to go and buy an adapter so I just tried with the oem sender unit..

It reads about 5 to 5.5 bar when just started and falls to 3 bar when warmed up to about 70 degrees Celsius (using 10w 40 synthetic based oil). Does that sound correct ?

HAndy
14-03-2013, 07:34
I just fitted an aftermarket oil pressure gauge to my b18ft using the standard volvo sender unit. Will it read correct ?

I've got a sender unit that came with the gauge but the thread does not match and I had no time to go and buy an adapter so I just tried with the oem sender unit..

It reads about 5 to 5.5 bar when just started and falls to 3 bar when warmed up to about 70 degrees Celsius (using 10w 40 synthetic based oil). Does that sound correct ?

wont read correctly, i would imagine you need the specific sender for the gauge,unless you go mechanical ,rather than the electric item which you have now at a guess, mechanical are better, but require more work to fit:)

inkubus91
14-03-2013, 18:03
I've swapped the sender with the one that came with the gauge and the pressure reads 1. 5 - 2 bar at idle when warm. How does that sound ?

HAndy
15-03-2013, 07:14
thats normal,and will be fine:)