View Full Version : sticky accelerator

Junglist
10-03-2013, 09:28
Hi all. My accelerator sticks down for a second after its pressed down all the way.
I've loosened and adjusted the clamp and oiled the cable at both ends including the carb
bit. It looks like it isn't going into the footwell cleanly but goes through at an angle. ?
any idea's. Thanks you.

greggtt
10-03-2013, 10:39
Have you removed the cable from the carb and pedal and checked all seperatly i.e cable moving freely , carb linkage free , pedal nice and free and hoping not to sound stupid but its not catching on the carpet , One of my cars had a hole worn through the carpet and a thin aftermarket mat fitted and when giving it full throttle it wedged the pedal in the hole and held for a breif time then released , sounds daft but sometimes it's the simple things that catch us out:D

Junglist
10-03-2013, 14:42
It's not the carpet. I'll check components all separately. Thanks. Is the cable supposed to go through the footwell at an angle?

greggtt
11-03-2013, 00:12
Sorry mate I'm sitting on a rig at the minute and can't check for you but one of the nice chaps on here will confirm I'm sure , but I would imagine if it was running at the wrong angle you would see some excessive wear on it where it has been rubbing and catching so release from the pedal and carb and pull the moving inner part into the footwell and have a look to see if theres damage to it where it would pass the angle you think is wrong . Other than that see if theres is someone in you local area that would let you have a look at theirs for comparison to check it's run correctly etc

Junglist
11-03-2013, 19:10
Just had a quick look at the pedal and it doesnt seem very stalbe the braket that secures it to the bulk head moves a bit and doest seem to be bolted on tight enough, however the bolt will not tighten up any more ,
l will get a look at another 5 tomorrow if he can be arsed showing up for work :D