View Full Version : Mallory park to close?

Penfold aka The Dealer
06-03-2013, 19:18
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Mallory-Park-race-circuit-close-92-day-rule/story-18332746-detail/story.html#axzz2MmxPWDqu

Would be a shame if it did shut, but looks like the locals are moaning about number of events and mallory claim to need to offer nearly double the amount of events to remain a viable business....

Os8472
06-03-2013, 19:42
****ing idiots, if you don't like the sound of a local track don't move near to one :mad:

car.crash
06-03-2013, 20:06
My shooing range has been in place for close to 100 years. The local estate was built around it 50 years ago and we get noise complaints :brickwall:

Most racetracks can be saved easily but it would mean dropping the DB rating.
It's a loose loose situation for them.

djinuk
07-03-2013, 07:45
Just another case of the toffee nosed pricks many uk residents are. I hate football but if i lived near a football pitch id appreaciate that theres going to be huge amounts of traffic at times, its almost like theres no compormise in this country. Be a huge huge shame if Mallory was to close.

TopCat
07-03-2013, 07:54
That's ridiculous. If they said it was to close down people would then moan about the effect of unemployment etc in the area.

If you don't like living near a race track, move lol.

Personally I'd love to live near a race track (apart from silver stone).

Bass J
09-03-2013, 08:57
Agree'd with what your all saying been twice to mallory for this clubs national day ...if you live near a track ..you gotta be a car enthusiast ...just saying! :laugh:

TNT ANDY
09-03-2013, 11:55
If that shuts down I'll make it my business to go thrash through the village there at any given opportunity. See how they like them apples.

****ing ridiculous.

Town planners should be held to account here, and have to foot the bill to move the moaning pricks. Seems fairer than shutting down a track with so much history.

bod 182
10-03-2013, 09:45
If it does close,lucky everyone moaned about Mallory and we moved the National day to a homemade track around a maize field in the middle of no where then.

TNT ANDY
10-03-2013, 10:04
I didn't moan about Mallory - probably the best venue we've ever had. I think it came down to £££.