PDA

View Full Version : few problems phase 1 5gt

JRph1
25-02-2013, 20:24
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

the oil pressure gauge on my phase 1 5gt doesnt work ive used the search engine and read it maybe the sender which is located on the oil feed pipe to the turbo i had a look today but couldnt see anything does anyone have a pic?

also the speedo and milage do not work the previous owner fitted a new clutch could i be right in thinking he hasnt put something right back on the gearbox end of things.

cheers jamie

Mr Raider
25-02-2013, 21:20
Many oil pressure gauges dont work or are unreliable, however normally a bad connection and they do start reading again. If you look on the front of the engine block right hand side theres the oil feed banjo where the turbo oil feed is taken off the top. Lower down there's a round part to it which is where the oil pressure is taken from, should be an orange wire connected to it, worth giving it a clean up.

Speedo should have a little black prong on the end of a beige looking cable, this is pushed into the gearbox (side closest to engine) towards the back up near exhaust secured by a torque bolt and small clamp, worth making sure its clean and pushed in far enough. Space is tight and may need to remove a bit of the exhaust to get to it. Failing that is could be the connection a black plug to the rear of the passenger side suspension turret in the engine bay, may need cleaning up, or could possibly be connection to rear of speedo or the speedo itself. :)

JRph1
25-02-2013, 21:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

brilliant mate thanks very much for that ;)

Mr Raider
25-02-2013, 21:28
No worries, have you got a haynes or workshop manual? worth having ;)

JRph1
26-02-2013, 06:35
i havent but its my birthday soon and someoone has already told me there getting me it as i was going to buy one on the net last night lol