PDA

View Full Version : adrian flux nightmare

Red October
25-02-2013, 17:01
Story goes......

In my youth I couldnt drive and crashed regularly also loved setting cameras off. With 6 points, ALL mods declared to adeian flux last year with no NC was £900.

This year adding a bigger turbo and some othe mods, 6 points completley wiped, 2 fault claims wiped and one years NCD has come to £800?

Now before you read this and say im mental foe paying that much, last year adrian flux were the only ones under a grand who would dare insure me. This year I ended up with it because I chose paperless correspondence and auto renewal (I didnt)............ flux take the piss. Trapped me in a insurance I never wanted and I never have recieved any emails regarding renewal. The only reason I found out was because I rang as I was worried about the lack of contact.

Thanks adrian flux I wont be using you again and will be dissuading all others to follow suit. A bunch of thieves more or less.

Nottswoody
25-02-2013, 17:17
Bloody hell that's who I'm with

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-02-2013, 17:29
Yeh auto renewal is an issue very sneaky aswell...

Nothing but issues with flux... Wouldnt touch touch them with a barge pole..

Red October
25-02-2013, 17:29
Bloody hell that's who I'm with

Keep you eye on the auto renewal Paul. They'll select a random policy no cheaper for you and then lie about the renewal.

Best one is I asked: "I had a 3k restrictive milage on my policy"
insurer: "yeah if you carry on with a policy and the insurer stays the same they dont impose a cap like the first time"
me: "so I can drive around the world and it wont affect my claim?"
Insurer: how many miles did you do last year?
Me: 2.2k
Insurer: so in theory your new restrictive milage should be 3.8k........
Me: you just said it was irrelevant as I have got ht same insurer as before?
Insurer: well they'd use past MOTs as reference when sorting your claim if you did?
Me: my mot is due at the end of March so how does that work then?
Insurer: well it would be 3, 800 miles onward from march 31st..............

Put it this way this lad was either spasticated (apologies to members who have disabled relitives)(I have 2)
OR work experience. The problem is that this mis information from spotty 18 year old call center jockies could cost you 5+ grand and alot of points fines and bull**** because they cant get their own rhetoric right.

Ive been mugged off and im pissed.

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-02-2013, 17:35
Keep you eye on the auto renewal Paul. They'll select a random policy no cheaper for you and then lie about the renewal.

Best one is I asked: "I had a 3k restrictive milage on my policy"
insurer: "yeah if you carry on with a policy and the insurer stays the same they dont impose a cap like the first time"
me: "so I can drive around the world and it wont affect my claim?"
Insurer: how many miles did you do last year?
Me: 2.2k
Insurer: so in theory your new restrictive milage should be 3.8k........
Me: you just said it was irrelevant as I have got ht same insurer as before?
Insurer: well they'd use past MOTs as reference when sorting your claim if you did?
Me: my mot is due at the end of March so how does that work then?
Insurer: well it would be 3, 800 miles onward from march 31st..............

Put it this way this lad was either spasticated (apologies to members who have disabled relitives)(I have 2)
OR work experience. The problem is that this mis information from spotty 18 year old call center jockies could cost you 5+ grand and alot of points fines and bull**** because they cant get their own rhetoric right.

Ive been mugged off and im pissed.

The joysmof people over the phonenwith sh*t advise... But that call is recorded! Ask adrian flux for a transcript of that conversation (legally they have to do it)... Once you have it in writing its binding.... So technically as he has stated that to you...it is correct.

The new Bill J
25-02-2013, 17:35
Sorry to read of your problems :(

I've been telling people to avoid Flux since I had issues with them some 13 years ago. There's been several people on here over the years who have had their own problems.

They give very competitive quotes to hook you in, then crap all over you. I dread to think what they're like if you have to use them to make a claim :scared:

HAndy
25-02-2013, 17:55
herts where always good :),but i think even they are joined as a sister company to flux now, might be worth giving them a ring. flux are good if you've been else where for a year or so, they will tempt you back with a good quote then when its time to renew the policy, they pull your pants down and stick it up you both barrels:(

wrightygtt
25-02-2013, 18:46
Im with flux as they were the only ones who'd touch me on my subaru, Ive been with them on and off for 5 years tbh they are well sneaky, every year theres some sort of chasing u have to do or ammending, they also requoted me and dont put ur mods on that u had the previous year so in theory u could be driving round uninsured, i havent heard anything from them and my renewal is coming up so i suspect im getting the same auto renewal. I dont trust the bstards, god knows what they would be like if i ever did have to make a claim! Better ring them in the morning.

chris
25-02-2013, 20:23
I have never even heard of auto renewl it seems crazy robbing basterds

car.crash
25-02-2013, 20:28
I'm with flux. So far no issues but other than the initial phone call ive had no further dealings.
Hic used to be great and the two are partnered which was what swayed me to use flux.

R5MJH
25-02-2013, 20:40
I'm with flux. So far no issues but other than the initial phone call ive had no further dealings.
Hic used to be great and the two are partnered which was what swayed me to use flux.

me too on the scooby infact i cancelled with them in jan went to admiral after reading i could drive any car then when purchased found i couldnt because im cabbie then rang flux they bettered my quote and i can drive any car all for £50 more Flux were great £600 for the scooby protected and accident cover too:agree::agree::agree:

Jonny5
25-02-2013, 20:48
Im with Adrian Flux for my daily oil burner and i got my renewal forms through the post this morning.
My policy had gone up by £100 from last year to £530 with no changes at all to the details.
Even funnier than that was once i rang up with a cheaper quote from a rival they managed to knock £200 off the price and waiver the £30 policy renewal fee.
No problems with the services they provide, but agree the way they go about things is shady.

R5MJH
25-02-2013, 20:52
Im with Adrian Flux for my daily oil burner and i got my renewal forms through the post this morning.
My policy had gone up by £100 from last year to £530 with no changes at all to the details.
Even funnier than that was once i rang up with a cheaper quote from a rival they managed to knock £200 off the price and waiver the £30 policy renewal fee.
No problems with the services they provide, but agree the way they go about things is shady.

i always give them that spill they always better the original quote do it with the AA too sometimes there not as easy to turn over thou:laugh::laugh::wasntme::wasntme:

DaveL485
26-02-2013, 13:00
Story goes......

In my youth I couldnt drive and crashed regularly also loved setting cameras off. With 6 points, ALL mods declared to adeian flux last year with no NC was £900.

That all? Amateur! :laugh: You try getting insurance after 30-odd points :cry:

I've been telling people to avoid Flux since I had issues with them some 13 years ago.

I'd rather drive without insurance than pay those robbing ****ers a single penny.