PDA

View Full Version : clutch change Clio 1.5DCI

jantheeven
22-12-2008, 12:21
As per title... how hard is it to do yourself? When I changed the clutch on my 5, I had to remove the friggin' engine to do it properly... I hope I don't have to do this on my Clio. How hard is this to do myself with a Haynes to back me up? ;)

Markey Mark (BD)
22-12-2008, 12:33
As per title... how hard is it to do yourself? When I changed the clutch on my 5, I had to remove the friggin' engine to do it properly... I hope I don't have to do this on my Clio. How hard is this to do myself with a Haynes to back me up? ;)

To change the clutch i just pull the box out and leave the engine in, it'll prob be easier on the clio as you don't have a turbo to take off.

I find it easier this way and have done it loads of times like this

jantheeven
22-12-2008, 12:48
To change the clutch i just pull the box out and leave the engine in, it'll prob be easier on the clio as you don't have a turbo to take off.

I find it easier this way and have done it loads of times like this

Okay that's good news... but I have a 2002 Clio 1.5DCI... still easy to do yourself with a modern engine?

Markey Mark (BD)
22-12-2008, 12:52
How accessible is the gearbox mate as i can't think what the engine bay looks like, if its not covered in loads of bits then it shouldn't be too bad to do.

Adey aka Ewok
22-12-2008, 18:22
ull probably need to drop the subframe to gain enough space to pull the gearbox off the engine, pain in the ass job to do but not to hard, more time consuming, took about 4 hours just to get my box off and clutch out, still got to fit the new item, tho its on a 00 plate 172