PDA

View Full Version : Sid Dawn roller rockers and sleeved pushrods.

Pages : 1 [2]

Trevhib
21-06-2013, 19:27
Nope, there is a small amount of offset. So when the valve is opened it should drag it round ever so slightly.
An exaggerated pic. This it what it looks like looking down on the rocker and valve stem.

The same principle applies to the camshaft and follower, it's supposed to even out the wear patterns.

Ooh, awesome :coffee:

Thanks Matt, that makes sense :)

Is this a separate thing to what makes the spring turn, or is that caused by this rocker design too?

Woznaldo
22-06-2013, 14:21
Lovely work on the new Top Mounts Sid. :cool:

Red October
21-07-2013, 13:24
Hi sid just notice on another thread that you were selling the roller rockers with longer adjusters?

Do you sell the longer adjusters or can I just get them as a aftermarket jobbie?

Also has anyone got any videos of the rockers in action and are they any quieter???

Sparkie
25-07-2013, 21:00
just got a query about the roller rockers (thought i'd post it here rather than the 'other' thread)
i've looked at some 'dry' ones that havent been run yet.....
if you look at the design of the rocker, the sides are very flat.
where the rocker touches the mounting pedestal there is actually a larger area rubbing together than on a standard set of rockers. As there is a spring pushing the rocker sidewards onto the pedestal, there was a bit of friction there. (admittedly dry - no oil at all)
now i was thinking, would it be better to run a small shim type washer between the two, to reduce the sidewards friction of the rocker?

Sid Dawn
25-07-2013, 21:12
just got a query about the roller rockers (thought i'd post it here rather than the 'other' thread)
i've looked at some 'dry' ones that havent been run yet.....
if you look at the design of the rocker, the sides are very flat.
where the rocker touches the mounting pedestal there is actually a larger area rubbing together than on a standard set of rockers. As there is a spring pushing the rocker sidewards onto the pedestal, there was a bit of friction there. (admittedly dry - no oil at all)
now i was thinking, would it be better to run a small shim type washer between the two, to reduce the sidewards friction of the rocker?

Maybe that would be a good idea...the anodizing is a kinda harder and will have very little friction...I was looking into doing a whole new rod for the rockers to run on but £££ rule..lol

Sid Dawn
02-12-2013, 20:32
Evening all.. As most are in the know there has been "problems" with the roller rockers...I have sent messages out to all that have them but would like to add on here that if you do have some DO NOT fit them at this time.. the problem will be sorted.. Cheers

car.crash
02-12-2013, 20:43
You haven't refunded Matt white for his faulty rods and timing cover so its not sorted is it!
He pointed out these were not right months ago and it all got silenced. Give the man his money back.

jesus in the seat of a 5
02-12-2013, 21:14
Evening all.. As most are in the know there has been "problems" with the roller rockers...I have sent messages out to all that have them but would like to add on here that if you do have some DO NOT fit them at this time.. the problem will be sorted.. Cheers

so do we get replacements then sid....:scratch:

Sid Dawn
02-12-2013, 21:38
so do we get replacements then sid....:scratch:

have tried to message you but ya in box is full mate..lol..you will get them back...modified...