PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking

Hammer
18-02-2013, 22:00
Just wondered if somebody may be able to help with a bit of advice please?

The original central locking on my 5 does not work in-so-much as there is no original sensor in the car and I have don't have the original fob. It has been fitted with some kind of after market central locking fob at some point in its past, but this is also not working.

As the car is also delocked, the only way to lock the car is from the inside and then clambering out of the boot (not always ideal).

So I was wondering, if I purchased an original sensor and fob would it be possible to fit these to the car and get the central locking working again? If it is a possibility, would it be a major job or something reasonably simple? It probably isn't something I would do, but would rather take it to a mechanic or auto electrician.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mr Raider
18-02-2013, 22:26
Does the central locking work by pushing the button in centre console in the car?

If not maybe worth getting an alarm guy to check alarm fitted with central locking as dont think it would use original sensor if aftermarket. If not alarm could be central locking motors, or that door mechanism needs removing, soak in diesel for an hour or two then put back together ;)

Hammer
18-02-2013, 22:40
Does the central locking work by pushing the button in centre console in the car?
Yes it does mate, that's the way I'm currently locking the car...then out through the boot ;)

Nick k
19-02-2013, 00:03
If the button works then you should be about to get a OE fob and sensor, plug it in and bob's your uncle, I got a OE black IR fob and sensor for my 9 turbo the other day as that was missing, same as the 5 one, Paid a £5 for it, fitted new batteries and it worked :D Result.....

B18ftMOJO5
19-02-2013, 00:07
Hi mate i got similar problem lost my keys and fob. I use central lovking to close yhelocks. Then open the drivers door get out. Hold thebutton from outside and close the door pin. If that makes sense. Re entry is usually onof my kida climbing in atm.

Numptysnumnuts
19-02-2013, 17:57
Exactly the same as mine but even my boot was de-locked. Just verify you have a supply to the sensor housing and fitting a replacement is a case of plugging it in. 5 or 9 possibly others are an exact fit. Bought mine new from a guy in France with 2 plips and 2 uncut keys for ignition and fuel cap for 30 quid or so.

Failing that you can always follow the thread on recoding plips to work with an existing sensor. Might be a cheaper option.

AidenJ
20-02-2013, 10:34
When I stripped mine down and looked at it it looked incredibly similar to my mk1 clios sensor and fob. I can't guarantee they are the same but you should be able to find one in a scrapyard to test it.

Brigsy
20-02-2013, 11:59
Clio mk1 fob and receiver will work fine. Most renaults had the same setup from that era