PDA

View Full Version : New radiator=New intercooler problem

Red October
18-02-2013, 18:05
Right guys it looks like im fitting this bigger rad from James5.....
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/b18ft/SAM_3356.jpg

The problem i think im going to have is..............
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=15188&d=1357577643

Fitting the new rad is going to piss on my parade with the cossie cooler and pipework.......

Now im going to have to get another FMIC but am unsure of wich to buy because theres so much going on in the front (got to find somwhere to put a mocal too).
The cars bodywork externally MUST remain OE so i cant chop the bumper (out of sight is ok).

Any input would be appreciated guys

PS. ill be wanting a slimline twinfan for the rad if anyone knows of a good type to use.

andybond
18-02-2013, 18:07
Can you not drop the cossie cooler to below the front crossmember ?

Red October
18-02-2013, 18:16
Can you not drop the cossie cooler to below the front crossmember ?

I still haven't got round to seeing how the cossie one sits best andy, the top two front corners on mine have triangle plates with10mm holes in them so it looked like the previous owner may have had it there.........

Ideally i really want a bigger core FMIC than the cossie one to handle da boost but it also has to be pipe friendly if you catch my drift.......i dont want it obvious at all externally so the fogs gotta stay, and got to bear in mind for the mocal and all important flow for the radiator.

andybond
18-02-2013, 18:24
I have the 4*4 cooler located below the crossmember. I had to cut out the bumper , but I suspect the 2wd one will fit there. Just need a small extension to your existing pipe run.

I think its going to be a case of get the rad in and see what room you are left with TBH mate.

car.crash
18-02-2013, 18:44
Loose that fan that's bolted to the rad and it will allow you much more space.
Having a slightly bigger rad makes for fun and games fitting it all in again.
Get yourself a decent slimline and offset it away from the oil filter.
Pacet, kenlowe, spal are all decent. Make sure you get one that sucks as some can only blow.

*Yellow*
18-02-2013, 19:01
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I was hoping to run a new extra van rad and cossie 2wd intercooler this year.

A new 14" slimline fan to cool it all down after a race.

Ran out of patients...........not a lot of room on the 5 :crap:

TopCat
18-02-2013, 20:48
I supply spal and comex fans fella. PM me if u need any assistance.

Cheers- Davo

GTphil
18-02-2013, 21:03
Just cut the crossmember from both headlight panels, then make up some brakets for the intercooler.

use the standard position rad, move it over towards the o.e intercooler position, use a campus alt pully and belt to make space for the boost pipe run. Should have plenty of room then, if the rad doesn't fit into any holes in the subframe just drill some;)

GTphil
18-02-2013, 21:05
Ohh and move that fan over towards the o.e intercooler position also:)

Red October
19-02-2013, 20:33
need to sort out some longer radiator hoses and in red preferably lol

Am i right in thinking the internal diameter of the hose is 32mm?

Am i also right in thinking crush will become a factor and using ali pipe is the way forward?

Cheers

andybond
19-02-2013, 20:43
Iirc a Henry Hoover pipe works...

Red October
19-02-2013, 21:07
Iirc a Henry Hoover pipe works...

I've found some identical aluminium pipe in universal lengths cheap On eBay and finish it off with chopped up red samcos. But I wanted to see If all in ones were possible.

andybond
19-02-2013, 21:09
I had a gt tuning one in on my car when I bought it. It was suaged. Might be worth thinking about.

Red October
19-02-2013, 21:20
I had a gt tuning one in on my car when I bought it. It was suaged. Might be worth thinking about.

What's suaged mean pal?

andybond
19-02-2013, 21:47
It's a apple autocorrect for swag. Means making the pipe end fat to let a clamp grip it.