PDA

View Full Version : Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Pages : 1 [2] 3

D4WNO
11-06-2013, 23:01
Dawn your alive :) fancy judging the show and shine this year with me and marky mark ;)

:eek: Haha!

Trevhib
12-06-2013, 10:14
Hi Paul. :)

I don't even have a car atm I'm afraid. I am considering about coming on one of the days (Blyton Sat or Pod Sun), in Carrie's Focus just for the craic. It will depend on whether she is running at any races that weekend and indeed if I can afford the petrol. I just went self-employed and am perennially skint :agree:

Brigsy
12-06-2013, 13:48
Just bought my track ticket.

That gives me 3 weekends to get the van roadworthy again. The gearbox i have to fit is of totally unknown quality so its a last min gamble. If all else fails the wifes megane may be used.

paul b
12-06-2013, 17:24
Hi Paul. :)

I don't even have a car atm I'm afraid. I am considering about coming on one of the days (Blyton Sat or Pod Sun), in Carrie's Focus just for the craic. It will depend on whether she is running at any races that weekend and indeed if I can afford the petrol. I just went self-employed and am perennially skint :agree:.

Might have a deal for you then... how about you take my Clio, I'll fuel it , and I'll take my 9 on the truck... that way, if I blow up the old girl I can still get home..you know my number ;)

TNT ANDY
12-06-2013, 19:00

That gives me 3 weekends to get the van roadworthy again. The gearbox i have to fit is of totally unknown quality so its a last min gamble. If all else fails the wifes megane may be used.

:agree:

''May be used '' lol.

Nottswoody
12-06-2013, 19:31

3 weekends :eek: that's me out :( my 5s off the road now and no time to get it sorted too much to do and a baby on the way :) I will be there though to get some inspiration.. Think iv killed it using it as my daily lol..

Alex
12-06-2013, 19:31

Might have a deal for you then... how about you take my Clio, I'll fuel it , and I'll take my 9 on the truck... that way, if I blow up the old girl I can still get home..you know my number ;)

Now that's RTOC spirit! Although, Paul, if you do blow up I reckon there would be enough spares/hands available to have your engine rebuilt and up and running in no time ;)

paul b
12-06-2013, 19:57
Now that's RTOC spirit! Although, Paul, if you do blow up I reckon there would be enough spares/hands available to have your engine rebuilt and up and running in no time ;)

RTOC spirit has never been lost, but like the old men that we now are, we just forget where we put the bloody thing:p

I know that well enough Alex, but I have tried and tried to blow her up.... only managed to bend pushrods at 9000rpm + once and also destroyed a standard clutch after it blew apart..oh, and went down craner curve backwards at 100mph+ and still lived on......she has 9 lives I'm sure..... the old girl needs to die gracefully, on track in a huge ball of firey grace... :devil: . thing is she keeps on going,,,,lol

if she die's in her natural state of FLAT OUT then I will be happy to let her rise from the ashes with a nice new engine from something nice.......;)

royz
12-06-2013, 20:49
3 weeks :) well mot is now sorted out only failed on a split cv boot a tyre and me not filling up the screen wash. few more bits to sort out and hopfully all will be ok for me. is there going to be a northwest convoy.

Junglist
12-06-2013, 21:09
3 weeks :) well mot is now sorted out only failed on a split cv boot a tyre and me not filling up the screen wash. few more bits to sort out and hopfully all will be ok for me. is there going to be a northwest convoy.

Screen wash? Really. Fml

royz
12-06-2013, 21:15
worded somthing like inadequate washer jets. at least it was a easy fix :laugh:

Trevhib
13-06-2013, 10:30
Paul, you're a top man, always have been :) and a belting track driver :burnrubber:

Perhaps the only issue with the Clio plan is that I used to be 3rd party on other cars until I sold the Beemer last month, now I'm just a named driver on the Focus so insurance would need sorting out too. So it will just be easier to come in the Focus bud :agree:

StuHERTS
13-06-2013, 16:11
Sorry I don't know what you mean?

AS was mentioned earlier I think that sounds like the best way for your RR ticket, print off your shop / paypal receipt and take it with you. Only one or two people paid in advance for the RR. Blunty was going to organise all of it, payments, etc on the day. Alas, he's not going now so there's no-one to do it.

From christopher harrison [nocturnal_developments@yahoo.co.uk]Email:
Wed 29/05/2013 21:28
hi i've just have checked and there appears to be a few from around that time? i shall ask ian to get in touch as he's sorting out the tickets. thanks

To: 'christopher harrison' <nocturnal_developments@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, 24 May 2013, 14:35
Subject: RE: Message from RTOC Shop

Hi Chris,
Yea I purchased my national day tickets on the 22nd of April?
Wondered why I hadn’t yet received them..
Here’s the receipt from Paypal
Regards
Stuart

So no one is doing it?

Alex
13-06-2013, 16:46
Stu, as mentioned it appears there's unlikely to be any tickets produced for ND unless someone has the time to buy and process them. My advice is as above - print your email. Hardly ideal, but thats where we're at :crap: I assume you still have your email?

StuHERTS
13-06-2013, 18:57
Thanks Alex, Yea i'll do that mate,

I'll print it off and take it with me.
Just hoping it will be suffice on the day.

This whole North v South scenario has gotten way out of hand,.

LeeR5GTT
14-06-2013, 00:28

:confused:

Ian S
14-06-2013, 00:58
This whole North v South scenario has gotten way out of handThere is no north North v South scenario. :confused:

Pod now use Ticketmaster to make and supply tickets. In order to have places at the club reserved parking space that Ross booked for us we have to buy these tickets from Pod. I am the one that buys them so they are sent to me and this time I'm sending them out.

The Blyton day is done by RTOC and this time there are no tickets. So nothing to buy, nothing to send.

TNT ANDY
14-06-2013, 07:24

I second that. Wtf

DaveL485
14-06-2013, 08:04
So nothing to buy, nothing to send.

I assume you will have the information with you though, there has to be some sort of administration around controlling who gets in and who is allowed on the track surely?

andybond
14-06-2013, 12:53
I assume you will have the information with you though, there has to be some sort of administration around controlling who gets in and who is allowed on the track surely?

There was lasy year Dave. Dawn/Big Steve had the details...

The new Bill J
14-06-2013, 12:55

:scratch:

Tony Walker
14-06-2013, 18:57
I second that. Wtf

I'll third it :scratch:

Not that bothered about having a ticket... so long as we get some stickers again :cooter:

Mart
14-06-2013, 20:07

Sounds like my life story :laugh:

Wallace
17-06-2013, 15:23
Stu, as mentioned it appears there's unlikely to be any tickets produced for ND unless someone has the time to buy and process them. My advice is as above - print your email. Hardly ideal, but thats where we're at :crap: I assume you still have your email?

ummmmkay!

I dont have original email - printed off my paypal receipt which totalled £57 (which included a tow eye cover)

Anyway, id paid for the RR too - just went into the club shop and noticed the RR tickets have been removed?

Going by this thread i take it its not due to over demand!

So can i ask please: does 'the club' have any record of me purchasing tickets - ND+2xCamping+RR?

And is the RR still going ahead?

philg
17-06-2013, 15:53
I think this will be my first and last nd, had some fun in the car but I think it's going. Just can not justify having it, tax, insurance to drive it about 10 times a year.

Think I will be replacing her with a ktm rc8 :)

Romil Davda
17-06-2013, 17:25
Alright boys and girls... Its great reading the excitment we have created about this years Renault Turbo UK Festival.

Little update for you all:

Tickets - in progress and being discussed. Will have 3 types (Entry, track and camping)
RR - This is still going ahead. Tickets can be purchased on the day. For those who have paid, you will run on the day.
If you have any other issues or questions, drop me a PM or give me a bell.

StuHERTS
17-06-2013, 18:10
Are you coming to Blyton Romil?

Andy M
17-06-2013, 19:54
What's the score with track tickets and extra drivers???

clee
17-06-2013, 20:16
All drivers need full ticket ,no second driver option .

Andy M
17-06-2013, 20:44
Ok Lee, hopefully not a problem :)

renault5gtboi
17-06-2013, 23:35
Have not been on the forum for a while lol a tad rusty with how it works basically need a track ticket and camping coming down Friday night until say evening how much and who do I send payment too ?? Cheers Alex

casper
17-06-2013, 23:47
I still need to purchase tickets for entry/camping and also for pod.:confused:

StuHERTS
18-06-2013, 00:18
Alright boys and girls... Its great reading the excitment we have created about this years Renault Turbo UK Festival.

Tickets - in progress and being discussed. Will have 3 types (Entry, track and camping)
RR - This is still going ahead. Tickets can be purchased on the day. For those who have paid, you will run on the day.
After our chat tonight Rom, wanted to apologies,
What i initially meant with north v south was communication.

Just want every R5 owner to be at every meet,
Really looking forward to Blyton & Pod.
:D

TNT ANDY
18-06-2013, 06:30

:agree::agree::agree:

Nice one Romil - thanks for that update, I'll be bringing my phone along with the emails on it. I have confidence that somebody in the club has a list of who has and who hasn't paid for what. Let me know if I can be of any help either now or on the day. I offer and have offered my services for 10 years now with no uptake.:smokin:

Mart - you think you've got the north / south bad, I'm North living in the east, and am personally confused as to where my loyaltys lie. FYI - you're defo a cock-a-nee, always have been always will be.

Everyone else - get on board, the RTOC Train will be leaving shortly.:)

Anyone up for a rave in a big shed,,,,,, I mean ****ing big shed.

Junglist
18-06-2013, 13:24
:D big Steve can bring his rave tapes.

Ian S
18-06-2013, 14:04
We haven't arranged any disco this year in the barn.

It was felt that last year was not used enough to warrant the cost this year.

Ian S
18-06-2013, 14:09
need a track ticket and camping coming down Friday night until say evening how much and who do I send payment tooJust buy the tickets from the RTOC shop :)

http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=22&zenid=bg4t97lripr1bkujocfcj8lns7

If it's just you, you'll need :
1 x members entry and track, £85
1 x camping, £5

TNT ANDY
18-06-2013, 14:12
We haven't arranged any disco this year in the barn.

It was felt that last year was not used enough to warrant the cost this year.

Anyone up for a rave in a field? :cartman:

Ian S
18-06-2013, 14:14
just went into the club shop and noticed the RR tickets have been removed?No, still there :)

2nd one down: http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=22&zenid=bg4t97lripr1bkujocfcj8lns7

Apparently it was being used all day last year, maybe 40 cars. But so far this year only about 2 people bought advanced tickets.

Ian S
18-06-2013, 14:15
Anyone up for a rave in a field? :cartman:I expect you can use the barn if you like :) IIRC, last year Blyton required the sound to be turned off by midnight, or something.

Brigsy
18-06-2013, 14:31
No, still there :)

2nd one down: http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=22&zenid=bg4t97lripr1bkujocfcj8lns7

Apparently it was being used all day last year, maybe 40 cars. But so far this year only about 2 people bought advanced tickets.

The rolling road was busy last year because it was free.

Ian S
18-06-2013, 14:40
Are RTOC members really so skint that £25 is too much to ask? It costs the club £1200 (£30 for 40 cars) so we're losing out at £25 even if it sells out.

Tutuur
18-06-2013, 15:16
okay, i'm sure i won't be joining you guys on this awesome weekend. funds and work commitments won't allow me to come.

maybe next year :)

The new Bill J
18-06-2013, 16:29
I've just noticed - My weekend off falls on Nat' Day weekend.

Oh well, it looks like I'll have to drag myself along :D

Big Steve - Raider
18-06-2013, 16:52

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:niceone:

andybond
18-06-2013, 16:59
Are RTOC members really so skint that £25 is too much to ask? It costs the club £1200 (£30 for 40 cars) so we're losing out at £25 even if it sells out.

Plus track or even entry Ian.

Dont think there is that much competition to prove whos car is doing what. Most of the lads who have tuned have a fair idea on what the car is running.

Good for bragging rights on a meet if its free .

The new Bill J
18-06-2013, 17:49
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:niceone:

I can't miss more than one of the last eleven ND's!

Cracking idea on the date change ;) :laugh:

Andy M
18-06-2013, 18:51

If things work out and Eug and me manage to get my raider there buy some track time Bill, you can drive in my car :)

No 2nd / extra drivers allowed per car though so its full ticket price per person.

JRP
18-06-2013, 18:58
If things work out and Eug and me manage to get my raider there buy some track time Bill, you can drive in my car :)

No 2nd / extra drivers allowed per car though so its full ticket price per person.

Ohh raider fun!

Andy M
18-06-2013, 19:00
Ohh raider fun!

May need to tap you up for a loan of your battery mate. The one on the car is brown bread and its hardly worth buying a new one just for one day if I can borrow one :)

JRP
18-06-2013, 19:07
May need to tap you up for a loan of your battery mate. The one on the car is brown bread and its hardly worth buying a new one just for one day if I can borrow one :)

Lol ain't been used since October 2010. You can buy all means try :)

Andy M
18-06-2013, 19:18

Will take you up on that if needed mate :)

The new Bill J
18-06-2013, 19:24

Cheers mate - Nice offer :cool:

I'm thinking of putting the Clio on track. If I can sort the 'possible' engine mount knocking, and the misfire when cold! :rolleyes:

It'll be good to see your Raider back out again. It's been too long mate!

Mart
18-06-2013, 19:41
Good darts Andy/Bill :agree:

You chaps there for both nights?

The new Bill J
18-06-2013, 19:52

Could be. I'm off on holiday next week, so haven't really thought about ND :scared:

Andy M
18-06-2013, 19:59

I'm thinking of putting the Clio on track. If I can sort the 'possible' engine mount knocking, and the misfire when cold! :rolleyes:

Almost 5 years! If I make it the offers there mate :)

Car is a bit of an unknown, could last the day or just 5 mins on boost!!!

Andy M
18-06-2013, 20:00

Should be with a bit of luck (and assistance from one like Eug!)

The new Bill J
18-06-2013, 20:23
Almost 5 years! If I make it the offers there mate :)

5 years? Jeez - That's longer than I thought :eek:

If the motor/Eugein don't play ball and you still want to go, you can always jump in the Clio of doom!

DaveL485
19-06-2013, 08:49

They're fussy as fook on spark plugs....wrong gaps or any non-gen ones cause issues quite a lot. Mine is a bit lumpy-hunty @ idle when it's cold too. Just an idea!

Duncan Grier
19-06-2013, 09:33
I can't miss more than one of the last eleven ND's!

Cracking idea on the date change ;) :laugh:

Glad to hear your able to make it Bill, unlike all your mates weddings :D LOL

Sarah mum has VERY kindly offered to have both boys friday night and all day saturday so now plan to camp / stay over Friday night track the little beastie until it pops catch up with all my bestest pikey mates and then ome to get done over by the boys :agree:

I hope it's dry as I certainly have not had time to put any mods on the car for if it rains - engien still stick out as does the air filter and no of course its exposed anyway :wasntme:

Freed up this Saturday to getthe car ready, no pressure then

Looking forward to it guys and def better now I dont have to tow there and back in a day ( 3hr drive before track day) too old for that game now lol

DG

Andy M
19-06-2013, 12:42
Entry ticket and track time just ordered :D :smokin:

Last-minute.com to now get the car sorted!!!

Andy M
19-06-2013, 12:43
5 years? Jeez - That's longer than I thought :eek:

If the motor/Eugein don't play ball and you still want to go, you can always jump in the Clio of doom!

Looks like its full steam ahead with the 5 mate!!

Brigsy
19-06-2013, 12:53
Thats the game Andy:agree:

Still haven't started on the van yet. If it doesn't happen this weekend i will be in the megane.

Andy M
19-06-2013, 13:10
It wouldn't be fun unless its last minute John :D

Hope you get the van sorted in time :)

Romil Davda
19-06-2013, 13:20

Andy M - I have a 5 parked up outside mine that I can whip the battery off if you get stuck?

Let me know as I need to stick it on charge and would be good to test before next week!

JRP
19-06-2013, 13:24
Andy M - I have a 5 parked up outside mine that I can whip the battery off if you get stuck?

Let me know as I need to stick it on charge and would be good to test before next week!

We need a like button

Andy M
19-06-2013, 15:05

Nice one Romil :agree: May take you up on that offer if JRPs one is also dead. He is literally 5mins up the road from the car so will give that a shot 1st.

John - can I pop over and collect it Thursday evening??

Mart
19-06-2013, 15:21
Andy, let me know if you need anything for the Raider - I'm travelling down south on Saturday, and happy to drop off any bits I might have to help it get up & running.

Mart
19-06-2013, 15:23
Glad to hear your able to make it Bill, unlike all your mates weddings :D LOL

Sarah mum has VERY kindly offered to have both boys friday night and all day saturday so now plan to camp / stay over Friday night track the little beastie until it pops catch up with all my bestest pikey mates and then ome to get done over by the boys :agree:

Great to hear you can make it as well mate :) Be good to catch up again :agree:

Duncan Grier
19-06-2013, 15:33
Had to make it to ND Mart ;) been coming regular for years now without a 5 :cooter: and a few before with one ;)

Whats the general plan of the regulars? Camping Friday or hotel / B&B setup?

Bit gutted cant stay over Saturday but take what I can :smokin:

DG

JRP
19-06-2013, 15:37
Nice one Romil :agree: May take you up on that offer if JRPs one is also dead. He is literally 5mins up the road from the car so will give that a shot 1st.

John - can I pop over and collect it Thursday evening??

Call me in advance, I'll look it out tomorrow. :agree:

Mart
19-06-2013, 16:01
Whats the general plan of the regulars? Camping Friday or hotel / B&B setup?

Camping for me :beer:

Alex
19-06-2013, 17:34
I'll be there Friday afternoon for a BBQ and a beer if anyone fancies joing me :agree:

Andy M
19-06-2013, 18:01
Andy, let me know if you need anything for the Raider - I'm travelling down south on Saturday, and happy to drop off any bits I might have to help it get up & running.

Nice one mate, will have an initial browse at the car tomorrow and let you know if anything crops up.

TNT ANDY
19-06-2013, 19:12
I'll be there Friday afternoon for a BBQ and a beer if anyone fancies joing me :agree:

I'm sincerely hoping to be about mid to late afternoon to join in with the traditional beery, BBQ tent errecting sesh.

The new Bill J
19-06-2013, 19:18
I'll be sitting on my own, in the corner of the field, all weekend :agree:

w35ty
19-06-2013, 21:01
Well im hopeing to get ny car sorted for this weekend fingers crossed its all sorted!! can you pay on the day? Or do i need to get a ticket before i go?

paul b
19-06-2013, 21:16
Right then.... it's a go from me....
will be me with truck and 9 , also my dad in the Clio with 2 brothers and beer ;).
also have at least 1 non member wanting a trackday with 2 friends tagging along... going to be a busy night in my tent, :eek:,

so, Trev, if you wanted a free run I can take you in the truck with me on friday night if your camping over ....

now, how to purchase all tickets without telling er indoors. :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

Ian S
19-06-2013, 21:24
Well im hopeing to get my car sorted for this weekend fingers crossed its all sorted!! can you pay on the day? Or do i need to get a ticket before i go?You should be able to pay on the day but it would be better to buy a ticket from the shop as it makes it easier for us to keep track of who bought what and reduces the amount of cash committee on the weekend have to carry around.

w35ty
19-06-2013, 22:00
You should be able to pay on the day but it would be better to buy a ticket from the shop as it makes it easier for us to keep track of who bought what and reduces the amount of cash committee on the weekend have to carry around.

ok sound il see how my car gets on as dont wanna buy one and not be able to make it.. Should be there though! So il need day entry plus camping then if few peeps are coming up with me theyll just need to pay in?

Wallace
19-06-2013, 22:47
I'll be sitting on my own, in the corner of the field, all weekend :agree:

:laugh::wasntme:

Wallace
19-06-2013, 22:48
Stu & myself, and whoever else is part of the convoy on friday -should be there about 6/6.30pm'ish:agree:

Really looking forward to it:agree::cool:

Ian S
21-06-2013, 23:20
Righty, I've purchased wristbands for Entry, Camping, Track time, and sent out many of the Entry and Camping ones today. :)

The rest who've paid so far will be sent out within a few days.

After that, further purchases from the RTOC shop I'll send with a couple of days.

I've compiled a list of who's paid for what so far.

Track time ones will be issued after the drivers briefing according to the list.

It would be a fair bit easier for those committee on the day if you buy in advance from the RTOC shop.

TNT ANDY
22-06-2013, 07:34
Righty, I've purchased wristbands for Entry, Camping, Track time, and sent out many of the Entry and Camping ones today. :)

After that, further purchases from the RTOC shop I'll send with a couple of days.

Track time ones will be issued after the drivers briefing according to the list.

It would be a fair bit easier for those committee on the day if you buy in advance from the RTOC shop.

Nice one Ian

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

car.crash
22-06-2013, 07:56
Is there any chance of getting some second driver passes?

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-06-2013, 08:04
Is there any chance of getting some second driver passes?

Nope... But if we did how much people looking to pay??

car.crash
22-06-2013, 08:27
Not sure Chris. I've been offered a few laps in a friends car but it will be just that so don't want a full ticket for 20 mins driving.

StuHERTS
22-06-2013, 09:45

Received mine this morning, Thanks Ian ;)

Wallace
22-06-2013, 12:26
Nope... But if we did how much people looking to pay??

Maybe a bit late in the day perhaps?! But I've been thinking along these lines too

Would there be an option to pay per lap perhaps?

I'm wanting to track my car, but really only a few laps, And im sure im not the only one? understand policing it, driver training,briefing etc etc etc......it my mind, I thought the track guys always had a rest session/s? - so assumed there'd be a few gaps throughout the day for the amateurs to hit the track.............just an idea!

And to add, if it was an option to do per lap - then I'd be more than willing to help out on the day to sort it:agree:

Ian S
22-06-2013, 12:32
Received mine this morning, Thanks Ian ;)Hey, nice photo :) Saved me from doing it, was on my list of tasks, thanks :)

StuHERTS
22-06-2013, 13:38
I spoke with Romil this morning,
I was asking whether it was permitted (or if you thought it'd be a good idea) that i bring my 9 year old son?

He came with me to Enfield Pag on the Saturday and begged to come back with me on the Sunday and enjoyed most of it though got a bit bored and just played his ds/psp but there will be driving at this one.

Romil suggested that if i did take him, to bring a lid.
Id' be happy to buy someone a few beers to take him round the track.

Who knows, i might even go round myself on the day..:scared:

Slammed 66
22-06-2013, 14:53
Romil suggested that if i did take him, to bring a lid.
Id' be happy to buy someone a few beers to take him round the track.

I'd be quite happy to take him for a few laps Stu but we'll have to check blytons rules first. I know that to be a passenger at Cadwell park you have to be either 14 or 16.

StuHERTS
22-06-2013, 15:27
I'd be quite happy to take him for a few laps Stu but we'll have to check blytons rules first. I know that to be a passenger at Cadwell park you have to be either 14 or 16.

Cheers mate! if you do, ill get you a few beers (after the drive) :D

I just phoned Blyton, they said there isn't an age restriction as such, but more so a height restriction.

If he can sit in the car with a helmet on and the seat belt is not around his neck, they said bring a cushion lol so it sounds good!
I'll have to sign an Indemnity form..
Just won't tell his mum before we go..

I don't know who'll be more scared, me or him lol..

Slammed 66
22-06-2013, 15:34
ill get you a few beers (after the drive) :D

Spoil sport :laugh:

StuHERTS
22-06-2013, 15:41
btw, is there a bar at Blyton or bring our own?

TNT ANDY
22-06-2013, 17:07
Received mine this morning, Thanks Ian ;)

Likewise - Cheers ears.

BTW - why no Track passes:scratch:

TNT ANDY
22-06-2013, 17:13
Maybe a bit late in the day perhaps?! But I've been thinking along these lines too

Would there be an option to pay per lap perhaps?

I'm wanting to track my car, but really only a few laps, And im sure im not the only one? understand policing it, driver training,briefing etc etc etc......it my mind, I thought the track guys always had a rest session/s? - so assumed there'd be a few gaps throughout the day for the amateurs to hit the track.............just an idea!

And to add, if it was an option to do per lap - then I'd be more than willing to help out on the day to sort it:agree:

PPC do this every year - £20 for 15 minutes is great, the only problem they have is that there is such a huge demand for them that you have to be quick to get in. But generally 2x 15 minute sessions will be ok for most non hardcore racers. It's a very good idea.

As for additional drivers - £25 per additional driver @ Snetterton - another good call.

Ian S
22-06-2013, 17:13
is there a bar at Blyton or bring our own?Bring your own I think.
why no Track passesThey are given out after the driver briefing.

TNT ANDY
22-06-2013, 17:14
Bring your own I think.They are given out after the driver briefing.

:agree::agree::agree:

clee
22-06-2013, 18:11
A few laps is all well and good but please bear in mind that anyone wanting to do so must attend drivers briefing and sign on .There will be only one briefing and if you miss it you'll miss out .

Wallace
22-06-2013, 18:19
PPC do this every year - £20 for 15 minutes is great, the only problem they have is that there is such a huge demand for them that you have to be quick to get in. But generally 2x 15 minute sessions will be ok for most non hardcore racers. It's a very good idea.

As for additional drivers - £25 per additional driver @ Snetterton - another good call.

Wallace
22-06-2013, 18:28
A few laps is all well and good but please bear in mind that anyone wanting to do so must attend drivers briefing and sign on .There will be only one briefing and if you miss it you'll miss out .

As I say Lee, TOTALLY understand the implications, it needs monitoring and timing etc etc etc........

But let's face it, it is a good idea, could potentially add some more money to the kitty!

Only issue I see, is as long as the people that have paid for the full track day aren't interfered with and it doesn't spoil or change anything for them then should it not be considered?

:agree: - :disagree:

clee
22-06-2013, 18:44
Yes ,agree good idea but we need to point out to those not used to track rules that this is the case ;)

Ian S
22-06-2013, 18:51
please bear in mind that anyone wanting to do so must attend drivers briefing and sign on .There will be only one briefing and if you miss it you'll miss out .Thanks for that clarification Lee. :agree:

Wallace
22-06-2013, 18:51
Yes ,agree good idea but we need to point out to those not used to track rules that this is the case ;)

Ian S
22-06-2013, 18:55
I got the impression that some people were thinking of making their minds up during the day and then perhaps have a few laps.

To lap this track then, it must be planned before the day and those lapping must be there at 8.30am or whenever the briefing is.

car.crash
22-06-2013, 19:18
I have been offered a go in dans car. But obviously only one person can drive it at a time. I would happily buy a additional driver pass if the shop had one available.
I'm sure out of the rest of the cars on the field a few would let their friends have a go so you may be able to recoup some cash in that respect and it shouldn't tie the track up any more than usual as the car would otherwise be out there but with the owner not the additional driver.
I would need to know before the day though if this is at all possible please.

Andy M
22-06-2013, 23:54
My car runs and sounds sweet :D Thanks for the help today Mart & Billy :agree: Can't wait to rag the fooker round :devil:

Quick question about the day, I take it there are no noise restrictions in place???

Alastair
23-06-2013, 07:29
I have been offered a go in dans car. But obviously only one person can drive it at a time. I would happily buy a additional driver pass if the shop had one available.
I'm sure out of the rest of the cars on the field a few would let their friends have a go so you may be able to recoup some cash in that respect and it shouldn't tie the track up any more than usual as the car would otherwise be out there but with the owner not the additional driver.
I would need to know before the day though if this is at all possible please.

Was also hoping to let a 'friend' have a drive of mine... She loves the boost!

BigDanC
23-06-2013, 12:45
How about Half an hour track time for the girlfriends only?

Romil Davda
24-06-2013, 14:36
I am very pleased to announce the following for the Renault Turbo UK Festival 2013 @ Blyton Park:

Additional Driver: £25.

Must attend the Drivers Briefing in the morning
Drivers Wrist Band will be allocated once briefing attended

Track Time: £20 per session.

Each session is 15 minutes.
All Drivers must obtain a Additional Drivers pass (as per above)
4 sessions throughout the day (+/- depending on take up)

At a high level:
You can purchase an Additional Driver pass (must attend briefing) and use this to drive other peoples cars on track, assuming they have either a Track Day pass or purchased Track Time. This is great for passengers/friends or others to try their hand at some track action.
Track Time is 15 minutes per session. Looking at going on the hour, with 4 sessions throughout the day. This is a great opportunity to either test your driving skills or see what your car can really do! All drivers on track must have an Additional Driver Pass (as above) to drive on track.

Costing's:
£25 = Additional Driver pass.
£45 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 15 minutes track time (£20)
£65 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 2 x 15 minutes track time (2 x £20 = £40)
£85 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 3 x 15 minutes track time (3 x £20 = £60)

If you have any questions or enquires about the above, please drop me a PM or give me a call: Romil 07816 368235
:yeah::burnrubber::cool2:

Romil Davda
24-06-2013, 14:39
List (in true RTOC fashion):

Additonal Driver:
Car.Crash
Track Time:

?
I will advise how payment can be made once we have worked this through and also the track slot sessions and when you prefer to roll.

StuHERTS
24-06-2013, 14:40
That's brill guys!
:cool2::burnrubber:

Romil Davda
24-06-2013, 14:59
That's brill guys!
:cool2::burnrubber:

How much track time shall we put you down for?

Just think, you can scare your own kid! Assuming you don't scare yourself first :rolleyes:

Benjibrady
24-06-2013, 16:26
So do passengers have to buy an additional driver band and track time or just the band?

Romil Davda
24-06-2013, 17:38
So do passengers have to buy an additional driver band and track time or just the band?

Passengers do not require a band.

Drivers Wrist band is only for those driving on track (behind the wheel as such).

clee
24-06-2013, 17:50
errr ,sorry to correct but they do and also need to sign an indemnity form .The only way we can police this is to issue a wristband to show they have signed .

car.crash
24-06-2013, 21:22
I have paid for my entry and my pod entry. Who do I pay for a second driver pass ?
I can supply all details of the car I'm sharing to prove I'm not blogging a cheap ticket.

TNT ANDY
24-06-2013, 21:48
I am very pleased to announce the following for the Renault Turbo UK Festival 2013 @ Blyton Park:

At a high level:
You can purchase an Additional Driver pass (must attend briefing) and use this to drive other peoples cars on track, assuming they have either a Track Day pass or purchased Track Time. This is great for passengers/friends or others to try their hand at some track action.
Track Time is 15 minutes per session. Looking at going on the hour, with 4 sessions throughout the day. This is a great opportunity to either test your driving skills or see what your car can really do! All drivers on track must have an Additional Driver Pass (as above) to drive on track.

Costing's:

If you have any questions or enquires about the above, please drop me a PM or give me a call: Romil 07816 368235

Brilliant progress Romil, well done, we just need to publicise this recent development and manage it on the day, I'm sure there are a max No of cars allowed on track on time and priority to full day ticket holders possibly.

I don't know, just spit ballin here.

Ian S
24-06-2013, 21:55
Who do I pay for a second driver pass?Dunno yet! :)

Before I post you this are you buying a second Entry wristband for the RTOC shop for the 2nd driver?

car.crash
24-06-2013, 22:17
Bigdanc is the main driver and car owner.
I'm the second driver for his car.
As far as I'm aware he has already purchased a ticked but I can confirm tomorrow.

StuHERTS
24-06-2013, 22:29
Passengers do not require a band.

Drivers Wrist band is only for those driving on track (behind the wheel as such).

I'll do the brief and decide then lol

But Im only running about 160bhp I reckon, I want my boy to get a better thrill so to speak.

I know this is all last knockings and quick decisions to be made but I want to put across that I really appreciate all
The effort that has been put in.

Ian S
24-06-2013, 22:29
Bigdanc is the main driver and car owner.
I'm the second driver for his car.
As far as I'm aware he has already purchased a ticked but I can confirm tomorrow.Sorry I was a bit confused whilst trying to multi task while tired.

Yes BigDanC has done.

Ian S
24-06-2013, 22:47
errr ,sorry to correct but they do and also need to sign an indemnity form .The only way we can police this is to issue a wristband to show they have signed .So did passengers wear a driver pass last year? With everyone wearing a drivers wristband we'd not be able to tell who'd paid and who hadn't. Everyone would be driving, many for free :confused:

car.crash
24-06-2013, 22:54
Passengers don't have the same bands as drivers.

Ian S
24-06-2013, 23:27
I only bought three wristbands as advised, entry, camping, track time.

Do I need to buy another then?

Romil Davda
24-06-2013, 23:43
I only bought three wristbands as advised, entry, camping, track time.

Do I need to buy another then?

Can use the extra camping ones? or is there a way of turning them inside out so they are white?

TNT ANDY
25-06-2013, 06:56
Passengers don't have the same bands as drivers.

Passengers don't have them at all.

2nd drivers do.

TNT ANDY
25-06-2013, 06:58
Am I missing somthing here guys:confused:

Passengers don't pay, don't need track briefing therefore don't need a wrist band. Jump in a car and go:agree:

You have enough wrist bands. Main and or 2nd drivers can wear the same bands - it makes no odds.

I did mention that Snetterton charge for passengers, but Romil hasn't. Also worth noting, that at Snetterton there is no requirement for passengers to be briefed.

Romil - Your idea to turn the camping ones inside out has a small problem LOL - every fooker will be doing it:laugh::cartman:

Duncan Grier
25-06-2013, 07:05
Passengers need to sign form before going out but no need to be briefed

Agree that a better system needs to be confirmed to stop everyone just tracking for free or pay for 1 session and go out on everyone :D

Its a good idea to try and get some more out on track etc

DG

DaveL485
25-06-2013, 08:31
So....does this mean we're going to spend half the day noob-dodging? :p

Please make sure the briefing contains some etiquette instructions... I don't have lights or indicators to flash, I don't have a horn to beep and I can't wave out of the window as it's riveted on. Over 300hp/tonne will come up behind you rather quickly :agree:

Will the 4 15-min session infringe on those of us who have paid for the whole day open pit lane?

Romil Davda
25-06-2013, 10:45
So....does this mean we're going to spend half the day noob-dodging? :p
Please make sure the briefing contains some etiquette instructions... I don't have lights or indicators to flash, I don't have a horn to beep and I can't wave out of the window as it's riveted on. Over 300hp/tonne will come up behind you rather quickly :agree:
Will the 4 15-min session infringe on those of us who have paid for the whole day open pit lane?

No to the first question as currently we only plan for 4 x 15 minute session (no takers as yet). If you plan your rests/breaks correctly, you can avoid being on track when these said 15min session take place.

Yes in regards to the etiquette. When on track we are told to use our mirrors.

This give everyone a chance to give it a go and test their cars and/or driving skills. Also gives the hardcore a chance to have a break and will not intimidate the newbies. I'm not saying they can't go out on track (the hardcore) but there will be some etiquette in place. for example, 11am session: I will go out at 10:45 for 15mins and rest the car from 11am for 15mins. I don't want to be held up at every corner/up someone's arse on a straight nor do I want to be scaring someone has not done this before or is worried about their car.

Also, the take up for Track Day passes has been slow this year, 24 at the last count. I very much doubt this will have an impact. Can we start a list if your "thinking" about taking up one or more of these 15 min session? If yes, how many? Thanks

Ian S
25-06-2013, 11:41
So is what happened last year that TAOL gave a different wristband to passengers who'd signed the indemnity form?

We could get two more wrist bands. Say 20 of each. Or 10 perhaps. Passengers and 2nd drivers.

TNT ANDY
25-06-2013, 12:27
:laugh:24 sold, fantastic, **** loads of room for me to go piroetting away. 1st corner wonder here.

Ian S
25-06-2013, 12:54
Second driver tickets now available from the RTOC shop :)

http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=111

car.crash
25-06-2013, 12:59
Ordered a second driver pass.
Thanks guys for sorting this so fast.

Romil Davda
25-06-2013, 13:08
:laugh:24 sold, fantastic, **** loads of room for me to go piroetting away. 1st corner wonder here.

We have booked a special 15 minute slot just for you... We all want to take pics and videos this time round! You'll have to avoid the tumbleweeds this time ;)

Nick k
25-06-2013, 13:58

I'm buying my tickets on the day. Looking at running one 5 with 2 drivers ( 1 x main 1 x additional ) :D

The wristband questions, Can't we use a permanent marker to put a letter on the wrist band.

M - man driver
A - Addition driver
S - special lot.

A.T.G.N.I - I'll let you work that one out ;)

Duncan Grier
25-06-2013, 14:09
To confirm - been uo since 4am with screaming child so brain a bit fuzzy

I have my track beastie which I 50% share with my friend Rob does he still ahve to buy a full price track pass as we are only using the 1 car (never a problem at the normal track day setup and either free or small extra charge) in fact we have a 3rd poss driver but thats already been dealt with

DG

Ian S
25-06-2013, 14:10
How does it work with paying on the day.

Does one pay £15 entry at the gate then upgrade for another £70 at the briefing for track time?

It might be easier for the organisers on the day if as many as could paid in advance from the RTOC shop I think.

Romil Davda
25-06-2013, 16:38
Options:

Entry = £15
Entry+Track = £85
Additional Driver = £25 (you must have an Entry Ticket)
Track time = £20 per session.

To get into the grounds, you must have an entry ticket. Once on the ground, you can purchase the Additional Driver pass, assuming the car you are driving already has a Track pass (or you can buy track time).

All Drivers on the track must have a Drivers Wristband. You can only obtain a Drivers Wristband by attending the Drivers Briefing in the morning. My advice, if you are thinking of driving, attend the Drivers Briefing in the morning, so if you change your mind and want to drive, you have any issues with

Nick - Great idea about the letter. Your charges will £85 (Entry and Track) and Additional Driver will be £25.

Duncan - You only require 1 track pass per car (I assume you have purchased the Entry+Track). Rob will need to purchase an additional Drivers pass £25 (via club shop) and attend the briefing. 3rd Driver would do the same as Rob. I'm guessing your cars not going to get any rest lol :laugh:. What are you bringing?

Ian - Yes. This would equal the total of Entry+Track (£85).

DaveL485
25-06-2013, 16:39
To confirm - been uo since 4am with screaming child so brain a bit fuzzy

I have my track beastie which I 50% share with my friend Rob does he still ahve to buy a full price track pass as we are only using the 1 car (never a problem at the normal track day setup and either free or small extra charge) in fact we have a 3rd poss driver but thats already been dealt with

DG

[Additional driver pass (£25) plus standard entry fee] for the additional, isnt it?

Ian S
25-06-2013, 17:48
And the additional driver pass only provides access not driving, that's another £20 for each of the four 15 minute slots.

If each person wants to drive the same car three hours each they normally would have to buy a full day ticket wouldn't they?

Will most of the full fee payers be driving for three hours or more??

car.crash
25-06-2013, 17:49
I'm lost over all this now. If I buy a additional driver ticket I can drive the car as much as I like surely?

Ian S
25-06-2013, 18:12
If people do that they could get a whole days driving for £40 = £15 entry and £25 for the pass. Driving anyone's car that spare. Where other members had to pay £70. And no-one's mentioned non-members in this 2nd driver thing yet.

I really have no idea how they run these days. This club had done 6 (?) now. What normally happens at RTOC track days?

JRP
25-06-2013, 18:17
Ian from past experience the 70 or what ever would be added to extra driver fee, then divided between the two people.

car.crash
25-06-2013, 18:31
http://www.apextrackdays.co.uk/About/FAQs

https://store.rockingham.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=130627

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/store/product/75-2nd-driver-wscc-blyton-park-track-day/

The second driver should be assigned to one car and the owner must have a full paid ticket.

TNT ANDY
25-06-2013, 19:54
Second driver tickets now available from the RTOC shop :)

http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=111

Damn you're quick!

TNT ANDY
25-06-2013, 19:55
We have booked a special 15 minute slot just for you... We all want to take pics and videos this time round! You'll have to avoid the tumbleweeds this time ;)

:smokin: - I simply will not bow to your childish taunts.

TNT ANDY
25-06-2013, 20:05
If people do that they could get a whole days driving for £40 = £15 entry and £25 for the pass. Driving anyone's car that spare. Where other members had to pay £70. And no-one's mentioned non-members in this 2nd driver thing yet.

I really have no idea how they run these days. This club had done 6 (?) now. What normally happens at RTOC track days?

That's not the idea Ian, look at it like any other open pit track day you've been to, you attend with your friend he pays full and uses his car on track most of the day and his bezzy mate gets the odd go. I think you'll get 1 or 2 taking the piss, but in all honesty they will be in a majority, you always get this as you could anywhere else. It just doesn't happen.

Don't worry about non members, this is all additional profile raising which may lead to more interest next year. I have seen the demand for this type of track action grow for 4 or 5 years, year on year and it's now hard to get track time at all @ PPC. this can only be for the good. I know that the 1 individual I was talking to about it over this way (non member was humming and harrring ()is that a word)) and is now 99% there.

I certainly know any of my group wanting to thrash Fluffy round the track can think again, let alone any random bystanders.

Nick k
25-06-2013, 21:49
The track police will be keeping a eye out :D (posing as a rtoc member ;) )

Duncan Grier
25-06-2013, 22:00
Duncan - You only require 1 track pstyles car)r car (I assume you have purchased the Entry+Track). Rob will need to purchase an additional Drivers pass £25 (via club shop) and attend the briefing. 3rd Driver would do the same as Rob. I'm guessing your cars not going to get any rest lol :laugh:. What are you bringing?

Thanks for confirming and works well for us, same as a normal trackday

It's a la gold Pro comp race car(7 stylee car) which I put the Nissan 200ax sr20det turbo lump in. Only running baby 230bhp atm but total car sub 600kg managed over 5hrs on track last year but will be out all Day this time

DG

car.crash
25-06-2013, 22:00
So what's the format on this:confused:

Romil Davda
25-06-2013, 22:52
And the additional driver pass only provides access not driving, that's another £20 for each of the four 15 minute slots.

If each person wants to drive the same car three hours each they normally would have to buy a full day ticket wouldn't they?

Will most of the full fee payers be driving for three hours or more??

The Additional Drivers pass allows this driver "on track". He/she will need a car to use of course. They can only use cars that have already purchased Trackday pass's. For example: DanC has bought a Track and Entry and Car.Crash Additional Driver pass. DanC can let Car.Crash use his car on track (as his car has a Trackday pass). With this example, we wont have anymore cars on track than there already is.

If Car.Crash decided he is having so much fun and wants to put his car on track, he will need to purchase a Track Time session for £20 or 2 @ £40. Yes we will have an additional car on track but we have covered this before.

Hope this makes sense.

Most fee payers will have their cars on track for more than 3 hours, assuming they dont give up!

J8TRO
26-06-2013, 10:58
All, just wanted to say I hope you all have a great time this year at ND. It will be the first one I've missed since being part of the club but I'm (hopefully) getting the keys to my new place this Friday and have loads of work to do before I move in.

The 5's been tucked up now for 18 months but will make a return I hope for this time next year.

Happy boosting :)

TNT ANDY
26-06-2013, 12:39
All, just wanted to say I hope you all have a great time this year at ND. It will be the first one I've missed since being part of the club but I'm (hopefully) getting the keys to my new place this Friday and have loads of work to do before I move in.

The 5's been tucked up now for 18 months but will make a return I hope for this time next year.

Happy boosting :)

Thanks buddy, there's always next year. If I spin out again, it'll be for you.

scratcher
26-06-2013, 18:06
How have I missed this?!

I will try and pop along for the day at Santa Pod. If I can fit a detail in on the 5 between others I'll head up and meet everyone there :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
26-06-2013, 20:54
How have I missed this?!

http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/online-education-trends/wp-content/uploads/Head-hands.jpg

TNT ANDY
26-06-2013, 21:25
:laugh:

Tony Walker
26-06-2013, 22:14
:laugh:

Ian S
26-06-2013, 23:19
All tickets that have been paid for have now been posted. :)

w35ty
27-06-2013, 13:17
Dont think my cars gonna be ready for next weekend:crap: trying my nest to get it all done and ready moneys just tight atm with going on holiday, might have to just come in the work van

hickman
27-06-2013, 14:07
Can I pay on the gate on Saturday morning for a day pass and camping on the night I plan on going to pod Sunday morning? Or do I have to buy my tickets before hand?

Bigfoot
27-06-2013, 14:17
Can I pay on the gate on Saturday morning for a day pass and camping on the night I plan on going to pod Sunday morning? Or do I have to buy my tickets before hand?

Payment on arrival is fine

Romil Davda
27-06-2013, 14:23
Dont think my cars gonna be ready for next weekend:crap: trying my nest to get it all done and ready moneys just tight atm with going on holiday, might have to just come in the work van

I've started a "What is required" thread for ND... Can you all check it out and make a list of what is outstanding to get your car to ND and also your location, as someone maybe local with the part/help you require.

DaveL485
27-06-2013, 16:46
All tickets that have been paid for have now been posted. :)

By "Ticket" you meed a green wristband, right? (For full track access too)

Alex
27-06-2013, 17:31
By "Ticket" you meed a green wristband, right? (For full track access too)

Yes. We'll be given the track band once we have the briefing though :agree:

car.crash
27-06-2013, 17:53
Received my tickets today so thanks for that Ian.
I take it I get my drivers pass after the briefing as Alex says and I will be on a list with the rest.

Ian S
27-06-2013, 18:17
You're on your own list at the moment :)

boysie
27-06-2013, 22:50
is there anywhere to get food onsite or nearby, or do I need to be doing an asda bigshop before I go?

Alex
27-06-2013, 23:09
Get a throw away BBQ, that's what we're doing :agree:

Wallace
28-06-2013, 08:21

At a high level:

Costing's:

Thank you Romil and the comitee for organising this:agree::agree:

I will be at the drivers briefing regardless............I just want to see how my car is fueling on the rolling road, and see how the track boys attack it to make my decision:scared::wasntme:

rat1
28-06-2013, 10:37
is there anywhere to get food onsite or nearby, or do I need to be doing an asda bigshop before I go?

last year there was a burger van during the day but at night i think your on your own

car.crash
28-06-2013, 10:40
Is the photo card drivers licence enough or do we need to bring both parts for track?

Eugein Offord
30-06-2013, 00:03
sessions....................:disagree::cry:

Duncan Grier
30-06-2013, 07:13
Full track day passes are open pitlane :agree:

Andy M
30-06-2013, 10:07
sessions....................:disagree::cry:

Sessions are only for those wanting to put a their car on track for a short while and not the full day Eug. The "session" will be just those cars on track, without the full pass drivers and cars.

The 2nd driver pass still gives you full open pit access to a car already paid in full, like a "normal track day"

That's the way I read it???

Eugein Offord
30-06-2013, 19:22
[QUOTE=Andy M;338301]Sessions are only for those wanting to put a their car on track for a short while and not the full day Eug. The "session" will be just those cars on track, without the full pass drivers and cars

sounds simple enough.... cheers.................

car.crash
30-06-2013, 19:23
Is the photo card drivers licence enough or do we need to bring both parts for track?

Blyton have said its up to RTOC so what's it to be? :confused:

Alex
01-07-2013, 09:56
Just bring your licence just in case. :)

Edit..... the photo card. I'm not bringing my paper part.

DaveL485
01-07-2013, 13:26
Is there a policy around accidents btw?

For whatever reason if there is contact between cars, I assume there is no liability going forward?

I think it should be clear to everyone what the expectation is, because should something happen I want to know who I can expect to bear the cost of fault or non-fault incidents.

Example:
Someone's brakes fail and they T-Bone my car. I wouldn't expect to bill them.

Or
My brakes fail and I T-Bone their car. If I got billed for their damage, i'd file it in the bin.

Is this everyones understanding? We should be clear, just in case.

Duncan Grier
01-07-2013, 13:35
Dave sounds like your best to just watch LOL oh and check your brakes if you do go out ;)

It's something most people overlook, thankfully most :coffee: rtoc trackers are safe and dont cause situations

I have been on track days littered with idiots (nicest word I could think of lol)

I have always had track cover on my road cars used but the track beast none, not sure if someone crashed into me and they were in the wrong I would say oh well, ops.

Its not a race and most places control the idiots well and then it really is the unlucky situation of a mechanical failure incidents which tent to be rare. I have been to a day or 2 where clearly their cars were pants and going to fail - that cheeses your head in while waiting for a track to be cleaned for a few hrs :disagree:

Must get round to spraying the track beast an evil green with LED front lights to make sure other track uses actually see me :cooter:

DG

Alex
01-07-2013, 15:20
If you're driving like a tool race control will pull you up. If in the unlikely event 2 (or more) cars come together, regardless of who's fault it is, you're NOT covered. This is the same for any track day that I've known of. You can of course take out your own track day insurance. £££

DaveL485
01-07-2013, 18:51
Dave sounds like your best to just watch LOL oh and check your brakes if you do go out ;)

Just making sure we're all on the same page mate. It only takes a puncture or high speed lift in a corner to cause a spin, if an engine goes and covers the track in oil or water in front of a few cars...many different possibilities outside of peoples driving standards.

I don't see any harm in discussing etiquette just in case :)

Pretty confident my car is as safe as any other...or as safe as a 1982 French rotbox can get anyway :laugh:

Bigfoot
02-07-2013, 15:55
Car failed on a few items, need to see what they mean by front suspension needs welding though :crap: but silly item like seat has excessive play and forgot to put the battery clamp after putting battery back in :ashamed:

DaveL485
02-07-2013, 16:12
Curious...if I have a full day open pitlane pass, and a mate does too, does that:

Entitle me to passenger with him or vice versa?

Can we drive each others cars?

(Yes, Bond, i'm talking about YOU :laugh:)

Big Steve - Raider
02-07-2013, 16:49
Curious...if I have a full day open pitlane pass, and a mate does too, does that:

You're a racing driver aintcha Tyrone???? :scratch:

Cause it does Tyrone :niceone:

Bigfoot
02-07-2013, 17:27
Car failed on a few items, need to see what they mean by front suspension needs welding though :crap: but silly item like seat has excessive play and forgot to put the battery clamp after putting battery back in :ashamed:

Welding being done tomorrow, fingers cross all will be good for Friday now :)

Junglist
02-07-2013, 17:41

Fingers crossed. :cool:

dangerous dave
02-07-2013, 17:53

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=150&pictureid=9146

andybond
02-07-2013, 20:39

So you want to take out my 8k white stormtrooper , and I get to take out your fuego :confused:

Seems fair.

TNT ANDY
03-07-2013, 09:25
What time is track briefing?

Mart
03-07-2013, 09:37
Usually ~8:30am.

If it's like last year, I'd make ya way over to the log-cabin around 8 ish though to collect your track wrist-band(s) & fill out the indemnity form.

Alex
03-07-2013, 09:40
What Mart said :agree:

DaveL485
03-07-2013, 10:13
So you want to take out my 8k white stormtrooper , and I get to take out your fuego :confused:

Seems fair.

I can jump in a Meg any time I fancy, how many opportunities are out there to drive a track prepped Fuego on slicks with a > 300bhp/tonne power to weight ratio?

So yeah, seems fair :laugh::laugh::p;)

Duncan Grier
03-07-2013, 10:43
Well collected the track beast last night and on trailer waiting to go Friday :agree: there is a long list of jobs I want to complete but alas some fresh fuel maybe the limit :coffee:

You better all be quiet past 10pm on friday night as I have not had 8hrs sleep in the last 9 weeks :cry:lol :D:D:D in fact a lot of weeks were 2-4hrs :scared:

Really looking forward to it and catching up with the regulars Friday night (especially as I cant stay Saturday night :()

And will go and say it - weather looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! - even if my current rad could not control 12psi coolant temps and not made a nice fat alloy item - sure mid 20deg temps will helps the situation :cool: :rolleyes:

3 more sleeps!!!!

DG

Mart
03-07-2013, 10:47
3 more sleeps!!!!

You not there till Saturday then?

;)

Duncan Grier
03-07-2013, 10:52
You not there till Saturday then?

;)

PMSL - read into the 2-4hours sleep situation lol

And 3 sleeps until tracking :coffee: 2 until roughing it in a tent with no en-suite lol

Think its time for another froffy coffee at work :laugh:

TNT ANDY
03-07-2013, 10:56
Usually ~8:30am.

If it's like last year, I'd make ya way over to the log-cabin around 8 ish though to collect your track wrist-band(s) & fill out the indemnity form.

Brilliant, thanks Mart, make sure everyone knows that there will be only one track briefing, if you miss it, you may not get on track. :(

Mart
03-07-2013, 13:28
I'll be sure to mention it to whoever I bump into when doing the usual :beer:-fuelled campsite walk-about :D

Duncan Grier
03-07-2013, 13:40
Can the indenmity form be uploaded to the site to print off prior to the day? May help with bottle neck in the morning :)

Also in true lastmin.com fashion I was going to pay for my tickets today, is this the prefered method over cash and guess thi slate collect bands etc on the morning?

Cheers
DG

Alex
03-07-2013, 15:23
Duncan, I'd recommend paying a committee member on the day now as the tickets probably won't turn up in the post before the weekend.

Big Steve - Raider
03-07-2013, 16:08
***ANNOUNCEMENT***

All people who wish to drive their cars at the RTOC National Day need to reserve there places and make arrangements with the RTOC, NOT Blyton Park.

Blyton Park have had a couple of people try to book their places on our day directly with them which is not possible.

Thank you.

Duncan Grier
03-07-2013, 16:20
Cheers Alex will bring cash on the day :agree:

DG

andybond
03-07-2013, 17:36
***ANNOUNCEMENT***

All people who wish to drive their cars at the RTOC National Day need to reserve there places and make arrangements with the RTOC, NOT Blyton Park.

Blyton Park have had a couple of people try to book their places on our day directly with them which is not possible.

Thank you.

How?

I have just paid for my ticket. Do I need to do owt more ?

I havent seen anything regarding if I need to bring my license either.

Big Steve - Raider
03-07-2013, 18:23
How?

I have just paid for my ticket. Do I need to do owt more ?

I havent seen anything regarding if I need to bring my license either.

If you've just bought your ticket through the club shop then you're fine. We'll have you on our print-off on Saturday Morning.

Please bring your driving licence photo-card to assist with driver sign on.

andybond
03-07-2013, 18:33
Could I be less assitive if I didnt have my card or paper license due to an elaborate plot by the lost it fairies ?

JRP
03-07-2013, 18:43
Could I be less assitive if I didnt have my card or paper license due to an elaborate plot by the lost it fairies ?

Or due to this new DVLA licence bollox, I've had to send mine away, paper and card and 20 of my hard earnt... Just so there pictures upto date, hope nobody's in that fix.

Alex
03-07-2013, 18:52
Funnily enough I'm in that fix also, however, it's no fix for me as I haven't sent it away yet! The DVLA can tongue my balls until after Blyton. It's still in date for a week or so anyway. :coffee:

Andy M
03-07-2013, 19:24
I'm also a but screwed with the driving licence. DVLA still haven't sent through new photo card (lost wallet in Belgium) so ill only have paper counterpart and passport for photo. They can't grumble at that surely??

car.crash
04-07-2013, 02:05
I spoke to blyton last week and they told me on the phone that's its down to the event organiser to check licences and not blyton park :confused:
So it's at rtoc discretion I guess.

Romil Davda
04-07-2013, 10:51
If you can bring either part of your driving licence, if not both.

For those who have lost/misplaced your driving licences, I would ask you bring something to validate you are a legal driver. Insurance certificate perhaps.

We as a club need to protect ALL members, be it on track or off. We can manage this sensible, that's what we are here.

Call me or PM me if you need to chat

Bigfoot
04-07-2013, 11:04

They are just trying to fix the seat at the moment, it seems that I may be a bit big for that seat position and had bent the metal cross bar which the seats bolt to apart so nut is coming out, they are going to temp fix it until I can remove the carpet and sort it out properly so I can still get he car there this Friday :D

Duncan Grier
04-07-2013, 11:12
If you can bring either part of your driving licence, if not both.

For those who have lost/misplaced your driving licences, I would ask you bring something to validate you are a legal driver. Insurance certificate perhaps.

We as a club need to protect ALL members, be it on track or off. We can manage this sensible, that's what we are here.

Call me or PM me if you need to chat

Most track days need both as already discussed but sure they have a DVLA number to call and confirm - with charge incured

Most people are banned for good reason lol

DG

Brigsy
04-07-2013, 11:46
Weather is looking epic for the weekend. Aircon in the megane for the win;)

Duncan Grier
04-07-2013, 11:54

Sure is

No windscreen - check
No roof - check
Not dorrs / windows - check
Hot transmission tunnel after 15mins abuse cooking the driver - check :scared:

Maybe I will take the derv vrs octavia out with climate on to cool down LOL

DG

car.crash
04-07-2013, 11:57
I can't wait. Roll on Friday :)

Hammer
04-07-2013, 11:59

My biggest concern with the weekend weather is that I can't get my damn heater to not work! Even with the heater dial fully on cold it still pumps hot air into he car. Lots of water and windows open on the drive to Santa Pod on Sunday ;)

car.crash
04-07-2013, 12:00
Get some straight pipe and bridge the matrix.

Duncan Grier
04-07-2013, 12:39
Get some straight pipe and bridge the matrix.

Then it might overheat :D

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
04-07-2013, 12:49
Who will be "manning the gate" Friday with the list of attendees?

Romil Davda
04-07-2013, 12:54
Who will be "manning the gate" Friday with the list of attendees?

Someone from the Club and/or Blyton will be manning the gate.

They will have a full list of all people who have paid/wristband numbers and member details/payment details.

We are on top of this.

Duncan Grier
04-07-2013, 12:57
As per previous question I have not paid via the club and was bringing cash as requested to pay on the day - is it going to cause the mighty Grier issues on the gate for friday night camping?

You all know me :coffee:

DG

Mart
04-07-2013, 13:06

Which is exactly why you should've been forced to pay in advance...

Duncan Grier
04-07-2013, 13:08
Which is exactly why you should've been forced to pay in advance...

PMSL sure I paid 2 years running for track pass and never tracked anything - you geeza

Even in my current woes of cash shortages can stretch to £5 camping fee's

Especially when team surridge has me food cooking and cold beers ready :agree::agree::agree:

DG

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
04-07-2013, 13:15
Someone from the Club and/or Blyton will be manning the gate.

They will have a full list of all people who have paid/wristband numbers and member details/payment details.

We are on top of this.

TNT ANDY
04-07-2013, 13:49
Weather's looking ace,
Beer is in the cooler.
Fluffy is ready to go.

Can't wait, it's going to be a good one.

Alex
04-07-2013, 14:17
Well, gave my car a final check over this morning and would you beleive it................. I even washed AND waxed it! :eek: All I need to do now is pack some tools/spares and the camping gear and I'm good to go. :cool:

JRP
04-07-2013, 14:21
Can anybody pop past me at all before they go? I have an urgent package for THE MASTER

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
04-07-2013, 15:06
On the same note, anyone near me take a package for slammed66??

Andy M
04-07-2013, 15:50
For me its all about the last min stress :cry: :crap:

Andy M
04-07-2013, 16:20
Can anybody pop past me at all before they go? I have an urgent package for THE MASTER

How big is it mate? Will it fit into the top box on my bike??

Is it at your parents??

JRP
04-07-2013, 16:35
How big is it mate? Will it fit into the top box on my bike??

Is it at your parents??

It's at mine on Preston lane, two little bottles of chemical ;)

Bigfoot
04-07-2013, 16:37
All work done, so just waiting for the paperwork. Will collect tomorrow morning then head my way up to Blyton :D

Andy M
04-07-2013, 16:38
So what's the deal with entry Friday / Saturday and kicking out Sunday?

I'm not camping (staying at local b'n b) but want to drop the car off Friday evening, stay for the banter, leave late in the evening and come back Saturday morning for sign on and track. Similar story for Saturday night, stay for the banter, head off to b&b but leave the car on site and return for it Sunday morning. Can they accommodate this??

Will be much safer to leave the car on site as opposed to the travel lodge car park on the trailer ready to be pinched!

Andy M
04-07-2013, 16:40
It's at mine on Preston lane, two little bottles of chemical ;)

I'll pop round later on mate. Could really do with collecting something of mine form your parents too if they are in (will bring that battery back too)

JRP
04-07-2013, 16:42
I'll pop round later on mate. Could really do with collecting something of mine form your parents too if they are in (will bring that battery back too)

Ok I'll look them out, everybody in my house is ill so I can leave them out for you on the step? I don't want you getting ill.

Let me know a time for my parents and I'll tell them your popping in

Andy M
04-07-2013, 16:43
Ok I'll look them out, everybody in my house is ill so I can leave them out for you on the step? I don't want you getting ill.

Let me know a time for my parents and I'll tell them your popping in

I'll call you later, probably looking at half 7 or so.

Big Steve - Raider
04-07-2013, 17:56
I'll call you later, probably looking at half 7 or so.

Just check you're wallet's in your pocket before you leave :cooter: :laugh:

****Table's flipped over, drinks on the floor...****

JRP
04-07-2013, 18:01
Just check you're wallet's in your pocket before you leave :cooter: :laugh:

****Table's flipped over, drinks on the floor...****

Bar brawls come free of charge here ;) hobo blues :(

Kris M
04-07-2013, 18:17
Boom just driven the cup car to Leicester, having a few beers with nick K tonight then heading up to blyton with Steve and co tmrw :) win

pascal-GT
04-07-2013, 19:02
soon the departure of france at 1:00 AM!

tomorrow is all for a very good weekend:cool:;)

Big Steve - Raider
04-07-2013, 19:04

Drive safe Frenchies!! :francais:

R5MJH
04-07-2013, 19:05

hope all you frenchies are at pod too be good to see some of you again after sangliers , enjoy your weekend guys

Mart
04-07-2013, 19:49

:agree: :beer: :)

andybond
04-07-2013, 20:13
IF anyone finds themselves with a failed part drop me a PM on here , or get hold of Romil who can get hold of me. I am not bringing my five therefore have a fully working five that I will take to parts to bail you lot out if needed. Its not a car I am breaking , its my car so don't take the Michael !

Ill obviously need the swapped out part back at some point ...

I am around 20mi from venue .

I will be there Sat.

Romil Davda
04-07-2013, 20:49
As per previous question I have not paid via the club and was bringing cash as requested to pay on the day - is it going to cause the mighty Grier issues on the gate for friday night camping?

DG

We can take your money at the gate... FYI camping is per pitch.

Andy M
04-07-2013, 20:55
Car nearly sorted, just got to rub off the polish and she's as good as can be :)

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag110/andy_slay/null_zps115b37b3.jpg

gtmatt
04-07-2013, 21:08
Car nearly sorted, just got to rub off the polish and she's as good as can be :)

Looking good andy hope all is well

JRP
04-07-2013, 21:26

Looking sexual