PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Woes

Numptysnumnuts
14-02-2013, 22:41
Right so got my new Koni suspension struts. However it would seem that most of my car is held together by rust. After 4 hours and a lot of sweating, cursing and loosing a few layers of skin off my knuckles I managed to remove the first bolt from the top rear passenger side. Thankfully the bottom one came out with no issues. However the top bolt required the nut being split and after removing the bolt out of the old strut by means of a hammer to reveal the inner sleeve had rusted itself to the bolt. I have dremel led the sleeve off but the bolt has been cross threaded. Hoping the others are not as bad as this. :rolleyes:

Also my old Spax was about 4 inches shorter than the new Koni and had no movement in it what so ever. No wonder my car rattled so much when driving around.

Does anyone know if these bolts and nuts top and bottom are readily available from a motor spares shop or a renault dealer? Also what size are these bolts and do they have any special name?

car.crash
14-02-2013, 22:45
I'm sure mike or cgb will have plenty. I would only use the oe ones as they will fit perfectly and cope. You will probs find it won't be a metric thread pattern either so its just easier to call those guys and get some in the post or a local member may have some.
I know the ones you need and binned my spares a few months back.