PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake light issue

Wallace
12-02-2013, 19:47
Hi all,

My n/s brake light isn't working - I've done the obvious, new bulb, cleaned connector and bulb housing but still no joy.....

Can anyone tell me where the loom runs? And cable colour if pos?

Annnnd is there a pin connector or something similar attached to the brake pedal assemble?

Wanna do a point to point and bell the cable out as I suspect there is a break in it!

Thank you :agree:

Wallace
02-03-2013, 18:29
So I sorted the original problem:agree:

However last wkend I changed the heater matrix (dash out etc etc) since then I've got to the bottom of all the wired and wonderful non working electrical probs:wasntme:

Just got in the car to take it out and just realised the rear brake lights are constantly on, they come on from the moment I turn the key:scratch:

I've fiddled with the brake pedal connector and tried to see if anything obvious and also checked the fuse - has anyone got any suggestions please?:scratch:

TNT ANDY
02-03-2013, 18:38
Unplug the switch at the brake peddle - what happens?
#

Wallace
02-03-2013, 18:58
Unplug the switch at the brake peddle - what happens?
#

Lights go out!

Permanent live fault/cross or bad earths?!

Wallace
04-03-2013, 21:31
I'm such a cocccck:wasntme:

Whilst fooking about by the pedals, I've obviously knocked the brake pedal switch so it wasn't making contact:laugh::wasntme::laugh:

Didn't even cross my mind, because I've been soldering cables I was convinced I'd crossed connected cables:wasntme:

Ahhhhh it's easy when you know how:laugh::laugh::laugh::wasntme::ashamed:

TNT ANDY
04-03-2013, 21:46
I'm such a cocccck:wasntme:

Whilst fooking about by the pedals, I've obviously knocked the brake pedal switch so it wasn't making contact:laugh::wasntme::laugh:

Didn't even cross my mind, because I've been soldering cables I was convinced I'd crossed connected cables:wasntme:

Ahhhhh it's easy when you know how:laugh::laugh::laugh::wasntme::ashamed:

:agree::agree::agree: