PDA

View Full Version : Koni shocks

Mikebrfc
11-02-2013, 11:57
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Looking for some advice. I have some koni spirt adjustable shocks from my last 5 but I think they could probably do with a refurb. Is it worth my while doing this, or would it be cheaper and easier to buy new ones?

Mr Raider
11-02-2013, 12:17
Are they in good condition? any leaks? I had some second hand rear koni's, So looked at buying some front koni adjustables but had a leak with a view to getting them refurbed, but at a cost of around £80+ vat each decided against it and bought a complete set brand new on the group buy for a very good price. Only issue being, new konis are either rather expensive £400-£500 for a set, or can be hard to find for reasonable price

Mikebrfc
11-02-2013, 14:13
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Im not sure, i bought them second hand and never fitted them, will give them a good clean up tonight and check for leaks. £200 for the repair? I'm not even intending on fitting them on the 5 i have (will have), it's returning to standard form. Although i do plan to have a second 5 this summer or next winter for track days. So it was more just planning ahead :)

Mr Raider
11-02-2013, 21:18
£200 give or take, I googled Koni, or googled Koni adjustable shock absorbers repair and these 3 guys names and mobile no.'s came up so I called a couple of them just to get prices to repair, depends if just the seals have gone or if its a problem with the piston in them, although if repaired they give them a thorough going over replacing seals etc them get them re-powder coated so you get them back like new! The ones i thought of buying and getting repaired were from CGB for about £15 on ebay as no one bid on them