PDA

View Full Version : Sell as is or break it?

richardson9074
03-02-2013, 17:54
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hey peeps. just recently joined, but unfortunately im looking for some advice in the above.
Ive got a 1990 red 5 gtt. i bought it from a member on here( it was a few years back). plan was to add some goodies to it and put it back on road, but unfortunately just havent had the time,so im having to sell it. its got a great spec but requires a respray tax and mot to bring it back to its former glory. the bodywork is solid.. its already had the sills done and the front bumper mounts, thats all that needed doing.. Its got a huge spec ice install in it which is purpose built for a 5 but i think im going to have to sell the stereo seperate from the car to sell. below is the spec:

T25 hybrid turbo (bought from a member on here)
big valve head (bought from member)
285 cam
Evo 6 cooler (supplied and fitted by AVA in glasgow, and they also did all the pipe fabrication)
Alloy carb plenum
Enlarged turbo elbow
Ktec 2 1/2" side exit exhaust
Set of braided oil cooler hose's from hose solutions
Copper core radiator
Magnecor ht leads

Mas italy rpm 15 euro look alloys
goodyear eagle f1 195/45/15 tyres
Avo coilover suspension with shortened rear dampers

Ice install is pretty big but as i say what would peeps think my best idea would be?:confused:

westy94
03-02-2013, 17:59
First dibs on side exit and turbo elbow if you break bud :agree:

mike r5 gtt
03-02-2013, 18:03
Sounds nice mate, it will prob take more time and stress to break it and sell it than it would to keep it and finish it off!! :D

Nottswoody
03-02-2013, 18:10
I always say the same put it away if its solid keep it dry forget about it for sunnier times..

richardson9074
03-02-2013, 18:29

yeh i hear ya's.. its been 'put away' for the last 3 years.. and aint getting round to it.:( Really just want to sell it as is as i haven't got the time to break it..its just finding someone that would be interested in it.. think id get £1k for it?

Mr Raider
03-02-2013, 18:32
Sounds good on paper, - why not take it for a cheeky MOT and see what happens? then you'll know whats what, If theres a 5 friendly tester in your area then even better ;)

HendyR5
03-02-2013, 18:53
any pics mate? is it Paisley ur from?

Haz
03-02-2013, 18:55
It's all guessing without pics, especially the usual rough areas and the repairs. Most 5 owners aren't bothered about big stereo installs so may be worth selling seperate. It's prob worth breaking to make more money but that's off set by time invoved breaking and also being left with the common bits that aren't fast sellers. Most will be put off with no mot, for the sake of £50 to show its actually road legal, as people's opinions do differ, or a fail sheet to show what actually does need doings should help the sale.

Nottswoody
03-02-2013, 18:59
It's all guessing without pics, especially the usual rough areas and the repairs. Most 5 owners aren't bothered about big stereo installs so may be worth selling seperate. It's prob worth breaking to make more money but that's off set by time invoved breaking and also being left with the common bits that aren't fast sellers. Most will be put off with no mot, for the sake of £50 to show its actually road legal, as people's opinions do differ, or a fail sheet to show what actually does need doings should help the sale.

:agree: I would defo prefer to walk into a list of faults rather than have to find them.. Honesty speaks volumes on here bud..

richardson9074
03-02-2013, 19:03

@hendy.. yeh i from linwood actually. cars over in the south side in shawlands.. @haz, yip, your right about the mot, for the sake of £50..got some time off in the next week so i think i'll get the ball rolling. I know the horn wasnt working.. it went walkabouts when it was getting work done. got a new one and im sure the wiring is still there so that'll be my first port of call..