PDA

View Full Version : OIL leak 5 GT turbo

Kenobi
21-12-2008, 13:46
the oil is dripping off the base of my sump but its running dow the right hand side of the sump. (passenger side of it)

Whats that then? MarkyMark just explained it to me on the phone. However it all went over my head as im thick.

Mart
21-12-2008, 13:53
Could be from numerous points - Crank seal, turbo return pipe on sump, turbo feed/pressure sender/non-return valve, oil level sender, from the cover where the mechanical fuel pump would go, oil cooler pipes, rocker cover gasket...

ranj
21-12-2008, 13:54
Could be the crankshaft oil seal is leaking .........or maybe its the half moon sump seal on that side .... best hope for sump seal :)

RICHIE
21-12-2008, 14:48
give it all a good wipe and try and locate it better

D4WNO
21-12-2008, 15:41
Moving this to the 5 GTT forum, the clue is in the name Kenobi lol

V Man
21-12-2008, 16:39
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

give it all a good wipe and try and locate it better
:agree:

It might be leaking further up from the sump. From my own experience rocker covers like a good ol' leak and as Mart mentioned the oil return pipe common culprit.
Have a good clean and check before you go pulling the Sump off.

Kenobi
21-12-2008, 18:22
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

:agree:

It might be leaking further up from the sump. From my own experience rocker covers like a good ol' leak and as Mart mentioned the oil return pipe common culprit.
Have a good clean and check before you go pulling the Sump off.

I gave it a wipe down went for a drive and came back.

Its deffo on the right where the oil is coming from. i Think it may be coming from where the oil sender wires are. Christ I know im hard work. does that make any sense to anyone.

raj
21-12-2008, 18:28

Its deffo on the right where the oil is coming from. i Think it may be coming from where the oil sender wires are. Christ I know im hard work. does that make any sense to anyone.

exactly where mine is leaking from, infact i havent figured it out 100% yet.

ive - fitted a new oil sensor with a new copper washer , replaced the rubber oil return pipe , replaced the copper washers on the turbo oil feed where it bolts to the block..... and its still leaking from somewhere around here:rolleyes:
im just glad as i know its not coming from the crank seal or the half moon as them areas are oil free.

Markey Mark (BD)
21-12-2008, 18:32

Thats makes abit more sense mate;) That shouldn't be too bad to do, prob be the pressure switch or the oil return hose

Kenobi
21-12-2008, 21:05
Thats makes abit more sense mate;) That shouldn't be too bad to do, prob be the pressure switch or the oil return hose

Ah cool.