PDA

View Full Version : door catch

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 11:03
Blimmin passenger door refuses to stay shut , it clicks then just opens again, i have tried moving the old stay etc to no avail, any suggestions peeps or is it down to reno for a right spankin on a new one....:eek:...:laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 11:25
o.k. your all asleep.....:p, right , some string and then off to reno...cheers.

Shane P
21-12-2008, 11:30
Is it not shutting properly when you try to, or is it closing completely and then popping open while you are driving ?

Have you tried WD40ing the mechanism?

Has the door dropped a little? :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 11:45
:laugh:
Is it not shutting properly when you try to, or is it closing completely and then popping open while you are driving ?

Have you tried WD40ing the mechanism?

Has the door dropped a little? :)

:laugh:...course its dropped a little, its a gt...:laugh:, i have done the wd40 etc , i think the lock itself hasbrocken, it clicks shut , then just pops open again , it doesnt stay shut...:)

Shane P
21-12-2008, 11:53
Definately time for a new mechanism then :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 12:07
Definately time for a new mechanism then :)

Indeed my good friend...:), cheers for your time ganj..;)

michael tierney
21-12-2008, 12:22
i fitted 2 of them last year...about 45euro each which i thought was'nt that bad!!

J$£5GTT
21-12-2008, 12:45
i know of a mechanism for one of those,it comes
with a complete car though,its tucked away
all safe;)

for the dini right?:)

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 12:50
i know of a mechanism for one of those,it comes
with a complete car though,its tucked away
all safe;)

for the dini right?:)

:laugh:..nah the ole nicole, track gtt, passenger side...:), anyone know of the part number for a new passenger side lock then...:D

J$£5GTT
21-12-2008, 12:59
http://www.allcarspares.co.uk/product.asp?pID=5368&cID=35

:)

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 13:05
Blimmey that was quick , that definetely fit the old gt bud?, seems cheap for all that lot...:laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 13:08
Blimmey that was quick , that definetely fit the old gt bud?, seems cheap for all that lot...:laugh:

says door locks , is that just the shiney silver outer lock that ya put the key in?, im after the lock that ya plug the central locking into with latch on it.

J$£5GTT
21-12-2008, 13:13
think your right matt,yep says door locks :cartman:
could try ringing tho see what they got?

i did try squire!!! :scratch:

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 13:19
think your right matt,yep says door locks :cartman:
could try ringing tho see what they got?

i did try squire!!! :scratch:

Cheers buddy , i have looked under central lockin but they dont have any , im sure reno still sell them...anyone got the part number , where are paul b and krissey m when ya need them...:laugh:, our quest continues..:laugh:, i like the shoelace thats lockin it @ present...:wasntme:

scratcher
21-12-2008, 13:51
I've got the same problem as you man, I think mine stems from the door saggin like mad. I'm on my seccond lock this year. The only way i can shut mine is to lift the door and slam it quick before i lose a few digets, or get my mate to slam it. He can do it every time somehow :scratch:

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 13:58
I've got the same problem as you man, I think mine stems from the door saggin like mad. I'm on my seccond lock this year. The only way i can shut mine is to lift the door and slam it quick before i lose a few digets, or get my mate to slam it. He can do it every time somehow :scratch:

:laugh:..do we own the same car...:laugh:, one day ill do the door pins..:rolleyes:, i think for now ill buy a new lock and carry on the lift n lock method...:agree:...:uhhuh:, there is allways something with a 5....:D

Chris Hebden
21-12-2008, 14:15
LOL me too me too :dearme:! To get mine to shut Jesus i pull the latch down with a key or something then slam the bugger, works most times!

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 14:32
LOL me too me too :dearme:! To get mine to shut Jesus i pull the latch down with a key or something then slam the bugger, works most times!

Hi chris buddy , yeah did that one for a while, everythin is off now ready for a new one....:laugh:, slam the bugger...a method often used in repairing all things gt..:laugh:

Chris Hebden
21-12-2008, 14:43
slam the bugger...a method often used in repairing all things gt..:laugh:

I have added a new chapter into my Haynes to account for this technique, its fits really well into Haynes wording "....and now remove the engine" "...and now slam the bugger" :rolleyes:

Let us know if it repairs it buddy!

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-12-2008, 14:47
I have added a new chapter into my Haynes to account for this technique, its fits really well into Haynes wording "....and now remove the engine" "...and now slam the bugger" :rolleyes:

Let us know if it repairs it buddy!

will do chris...:laugh:, needs a sticker on the car, thanks to, duck tape, cable ties, insulation tape and shoelaces for all the tecnical support..:D

scratcher
21-12-2008, 23:26

Did you remember to put in ''disconnect the negative battery terminal'' I swear they tell you to do it for removing the rear quarter windows.

I've got bored of the slamming so I got my dad to just climb across from the driver's side today. I should really make myself sort out the door pins in my 2 weeks hols, well can't be bothered though :p

Brigsy
22-12-2008, 01:22
Blast wd40 into the latch, work it open/closed a fair few times with a screwdriver, this will sort it. Had to do it to my gtt a few times.

LukeRobbo
22-12-2008, 02:01
I had this problem and sorted it a few days ago.My drivers doors drops so ordered some new pins which i havent fitted yet.Recently the door wouldnt shut so we made a new plastic bit that the the door catch clips onto on the small unimat laithe because it was smashed up.This didnt work so took the lock apart and oiled it up and noticed their was a bad burr where it had been rubbing on the worn door catch part.So got the dremmel out and took it off because that might have been the problem.

Fitted everything back together and it still didnt work but was better.Then decided to move the bit that the lock clips onto down slightly because we had it off and now it shuts fine.

I thought the door lock would have been more expensive than it is considering i payed £28 for a small wiper spindle off renault.Might fit new ones when i restore the car more.