PDA

View Full Version : mouldy interior

bishy3000
01-02-2013, 11:38
Hi guys, I don't use my 5's as much as i'd like anymore so they are sat in garages for months at a time. I'm getting surface mould on the seats, seat belts and steering wheel and I'm not sure why, it is dry in there. It's nothing that a wipe with a damp cloth doesn't sort but it's getting on my tits and wondered if any of you had the same problem and what I could do to help prevent it. Would leaving the windows open help or hinder mould growth? I suppose it is kind of damp in there, just a free standing concrete panel garage with a corrigated plastic roof.

Jonny5
01-02-2013, 11:57
I have left my windows down an inch each side and the sunroof open a little this year.
I struggled with a bit of mould growth on my steering wheel last year, but so far so good this winter :agree:
If you're really struggling to stop it even with the windows open, try a few pots of the moisture absorbent trays people use for house windows that condensate badly :)

Kris M
01-02-2013, 12:44
Put a bowl of salt in the foot well :)

The new Bill J
01-02-2013, 12:56
Take the interior out when you're not using the car :D

Big Steve - Raider
01-02-2013, 13:14
I think it means your carpet is damp to begin with???

Have a grope round the carpet to feel if there are any damp patches??

greggtt
01-02-2013, 15:54
I think it means your carpet is damp to begin with???

Have a grope round the carpet to feel if there are any damp patches??

Especially under the front seats , my first five had this problem, bit mouldy after a long time sitting and under the passenger seat was swimming , leaky door seal if I remember correctly