PDA

View Full Version : Possible events, have your say

Pages : [1] 2

chris
29-01-2013, 14:36
As you may be aware myself and Ross (slammed66) are now helping out with regards to organising events so we have came up with a list of possible events please pick 2 that you would like the club to attend . if you feel theres an event that we have missed please let myself or ross know.:agree:

Events already organised

(soapymechs) Enfield Padgent of motering 25th and 26th of May
(Bluntys) Noble motorsport in derbyshire rolling road day Saturday 20th April
(R5MJH) Go karting at Crawleys indoor Karting center 28th April
(philr5t) Fete meet 6th May
(Big steve-Raider) Fri 31st May-June 2nd
(Ross) Retro show sunday 7th july santa pod
(Big steve-Raider) RTOC national day

Santa pod

The fast show 16th and 17th march
http://www.thefastshow.com/index.htm
Ultimate street car Friday 2nd to sun4th August
http://www.ultimatestreetcar.co.uk/index.html
street nationals Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th may
http://www.streetnationals.co.uk/index.html

Peterbourgh arena

Modified nationals 24th -26th may
http://www.modifiednationals.co.uk/

Castle combe

Classic and retro day Sunday the 29th of June

Prescott hill climb

Retro rides gathering Sunday August 18th
http://www.retroridesgathering.com/

Mallory park

practical performance cars in the park 2013 May 18th
http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/ppc-in-the-park-2013-petrolhead-heaven-may-18th.html

cholmondeley castle

pagent of power 14th to the 16th June
http://www.cpop.co.uk/

djinuk
29-01-2013, 16:01
retro rides the gathering should be a no brainer for rtoc boys.

Set on a hill climb, great bunch of people, great camping.. cheap as chips.. . its a no brainer.

Where as on the other hand fast show = usual dismal weather with terible track action, freezing cold camping and lots of chavvy *******s to admire your dreamy r5 motor.

BluntyR5GTT
29-01-2013, 16:07
agree with everything dj says above :) happy birthday as well fella

djinuk
29-01-2013, 16:10
hehe cheers dude.. another year , cheaper insurance woohooo the joys

BluntyR5GTT
29-01-2013, 16:12
http://www.retroridesgathering.com/

link yes i know its got last years details on there but it gives you an idea, this years is on 18th august

BluntyR5GTT
29-01-2013, 16:28
another event thats defo worth a look, i do know alot of the ford guys go to this

http://rallyday.com/

Romil Davda
29-01-2013, 16:29
A couple of things I had in the pipeline:

Shakespeare Raceway. Same as Santa Pod but assumed this would be less busy
Rolling Road day @ Futruremotorsports in Leicester - Dont want to clash with Blunty's Noble day, hence not booking anything. Need the numbers for this too!
I was going to post up the Ace Cafe meets for the year, we can always "bump" them closer to the time.

I also wanted to get some track days up for this year and some POD days too. BUT this will be becuase I want to go and will see how many peeps follow/attend, there are a handful of guys on RTOC that will show up and put on a show!

BluntyR5GTT
29-01-2013, 16:31
another thing id like to do is set up a big rtoc rolling road event again at scoffs place (efi-parts) for august/september time ?

chris
29-01-2013, 16:41
I have gone retro rides gathering it looks really good on youtube and if you type it in google and go on there page theres a video looks ace and i wanted to go to ppc event i like the magazine and i have never been

chris
29-01-2013, 16:46
4 0f us have commented on this thread but only 2 people have voted;). and happy birthday djiunk

BluntyR5GTT
29-01-2013, 16:48
voted, would it be an idea to add links to the events so people can get a better idea of them?

chris
29-01-2013, 16:50
yea good idea can you edit it for me blunty as i don't know how to do links:ashamed:

BluntyR5GTT
29-01-2013, 16:52
no bother ill do it for you fella

Red October
29-01-2013, 17:23
Ive voted too. Happy bithday dj! :)

clee
29-01-2013, 17:29
Just one to mention that may have escaped notice .Biggest Frenchie day there is :coffee:

http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/may2011.aspx

Slammed 66
29-01-2013, 17:30
I went to the gathering last year and it was a good day out. This year ill be camping as that's where all the fun is. I've spoken to the founder tonight and I'm seeing if there's space left for a stand. If people wanted to go to the gathering, how many would be interested in camping and would anyone want there car on a stand?

Ross

chris
29-01-2013, 17:50
no bother ill do it for you fella

Thanks for doin that blunty :agree:

chris
29-01-2013, 17:53
I went to the gathering last year and it was a good day out. This year ill be camping as that's where all the fun is. I've spoken to the founder tonight and I'm seeing if there's space left for a stand. If people wanted to go to the gathering, how many would be interested in camping and would anyone want there car on a stand?

Ross

Just because were organising events together i dont see why we have to share a tent? :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
29-01-2013, 17:57
Just because were organising events together i dont see why we have to share a tent? :laugh:

:hump:

chris
29-01-2013, 17:59
Lol there will be 3 of us if you come steve and whats worrying me is why they call you big steve :laugh:

chris
29-01-2013, 18:19
Just one to mention that may have escaped notice .Biggest Frenchie day there is :coffee:

http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/may2011.aspx

Is that a good show is it clee?

Slammed 66
29-01-2013, 19:26
Lol there will be 3 of us if you come steve and whats worrying me is why they call you big steve :laugh:

:eek: :cry:

Hoolio
29-01-2013, 19:30

Excellent.

jesus in the seat of a 5
29-01-2013, 19:37

i really feel we should get to this show...its on my birthday and id love to take the rowan car there or maybe the hillclimb car....:):agree:

Big Steve - Raider
29-01-2013, 20:02

:laugh: ;)

chris
29-01-2013, 20:17
So thats on saterday and sunday 1st+2nd of june so thats another option then i want to try and sort this out this week if we stand a chance of gettin a club stand at these shows so if you want us to try for this show just put a thumbs up on this thread thanks.

La vie en bleu sat + sun 1st+2nd of june

Slammed 66
29-01-2013, 21:20
That's the date of sangliers though :(

jesus in the seat of a 5
29-01-2013, 21:29
That's the date of sangliers though :(

Doh, ill have to climb that hill another day...

chris
29-01-2013, 21:50
Doh, ill have to climb that hill another day...
there is another show at the same place the retro rides gathering that looks good

chris
29-01-2013, 22:11
keep voteing for us guys the quicker its done the more likely we will be able to get a club stand

LeeR5GTT
29-01-2013, 23:13
another thing id like to do is set up a big rtoc rolling road event again at scoffs place (efi-parts) for august/september time ?

:agree:

philr5t
29-01-2013, 23:52
I've voted :agree:

chris
29-01-2013, 23:53
thanks mate i added your fete day up on the events all ready booked hope you dont mind

BluntyR5GTT
30-01-2013, 05:57
So thats on saterday and sunday 1st+2nd of june so thats another option then i want to try and sort this out this week if we stand a chance of gettin a club stand at these shows so if you want us to try for this show just put a thumbs up on this thread thanks.

La vie en bleu sat + sun 1st+2nd of june

Now added to the poll

Hoolio
30-01-2013, 06:48
Now added to the poll

Ah, cannot now vote on but not a problem asI will probably do this one anyway with Reno alpine if we don't cover it. It is a great venue and event.

Hoolio
30-01-2013, 06:49
Now added to the poll

Ah, cannot now vote on but not a problem as I will probably do this one anyway with Reno alpine if we don't cover it. It is a great venue and event.

chris
30-01-2013, 10:10
Ah, cannot now vote on but not a problem as I will probably do this one anyway with Reno alpine if we don't cover it. It is a great venue and event.

If you just put a thumbs up on the thread mate then me and ross will count that as a vote

Trevhib
30-01-2013, 11:04
Voted :agree:

chris
30-01-2013, 18:46
Bump

JRP
30-01-2013, 18:58
Done

Hoolio
30-01-2013, 19:18
If you just put a thumbs up on the thread mate then me and ross will count that as a vote

w35ty
30-01-2013, 19:35

philr5t
30-01-2013, 19:53
I've voted :agree:

Cheers mate you have just reminded me I need to bump the fete day thread as the fete organisers are waiting for my response to let them know if we still want to entertain the locals of Surrey again with the cars :)

Romil Davda
30-01-2013, 21:46

Any idea's for the day/date for The EFi-Parts R/R Day? :cool:

mike r5 gtt
30-01-2013, 21:54

+1

westy94
30-01-2013, 21:58
Castle combe :agree: gets my vote :agree:

chris
30-01-2013, 22:03
Castle combe :agree: gets my vote :agree:

Looks good i havent been to castle combe before

BluntyR5GTT
31-01-2013, 05:39

i will discuss with scoff to sort a suitable date, it will defo be on a sat or sunday probably towards end of certain month

Adey aka Ewok
31-01-2013, 07:08
A couple of things I had in the pipeline:

Shakespeare Raceway. Same as Santa Pod but assumed this would be less busy
no need to assume, always quieter than pod. i used to pay £30 at pod for 3 runs, i pay £25 at shakespeare and usually lay down 20+ runs and still have to time to sit and watch :agree:

Slammed 66
31-01-2013, 08:21
[/LIST] no need to assume, always quieter than pod. i used to pay £30 at pod for 3 runs, i pay £25 at shakespeare and usually lay down 20+ runs and still have to time to sit and watch :agree:

Only been to shakey once and I won't be rushing back. It was for the viva outlaws drag day last year and I only managed 3 runs in a whole day! Kept letting bikes through in front of us and it was a real dive. Personally I think York is better.

Robbo
31-01-2013, 09:23
just an idea lads, wouldnt it be better to have a main event every three months so that people on a budget get chance to save etc, and that way you get a stronger turnout.

chris
31-01-2013, 10:05
just an idea lads, wouldnt it be better to have a main event every three months so that people on a budget get chance to save etc, and that way you get a stronger turnout.

That is a valid point mate but we have got one at castle combe so its doubtful everyone from down south will go to that but alot of the northen lads may do then theres pod and trackdays everyone has a favourite plus we are getting people to vote so in reality there choosing which events they can do :agree:

The new Bill J
31-01-2013, 10:59

Unfortunately, although that makes perfect sense on paper, it doesn't actually work. Look at The National Day. That happens once a year, everybody knows when it is as the date is announced early, yet hardly any members turns up (% wise) :crap: :scratch:

Robbo
31-01-2013, 11:34
but we have had situations were people have said i cannot do because i am going to the ring or national day is the same month as fcs, so people cannot do both.
Tbh the weather and the other things going on in peoples lives lives plays a massive part in events also.
One thing i wouldnt mind doing that i have seen is a tunnel run, cannot beat seeing loads of motors in a massive convoy like when national day was held at fcs a few years ago and we all drove from the campsite to rockingham.

Bigfoot
31-01-2013, 12:05
but we have had situations were people have said i cannot do because i am going to the ring or national day is the same month as fcs, so people cannot do both.
Tbh the weather and the other things going on in peoples lives lives plays a massive part in events also.
One thing i wouldnt mind doing that i have seen is a tunnel run, cannot beat seeing loads of motors in a massive convoy like when national day was held at fcs a few years ago and we all drove from the campsite to rockingham.

Road trip :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A6rdal_Tunnel

But a choice is always good to go for with events for those who can make them that day. But as for ND I am not sure what puts people off as its a great day to meet people.

Romil Davda
31-01-2013, 17:26
Has everyone voted?!?! Some great ideas and thoughts on here, keep it up.

Castle Coombe is an hour and a half from me (Staines), I would attend (and track my car) if we had an event there.

We also need more members to sort out some local meets, Mike in Milton Keynes was going to sort something out and we could all so the same. We have at least 2 monthly meets around Surrey (Surrey meet and Ace Cafe). These are all FREE and only require you to turn up, Renault Turbo in toe or not! :p

The overall idea with RTOC events is to have something for everyone, this can be a challenge as we are all into different things: Show and Shine comps, Track days, Drag Strip events (this is not a ladyboy taking their clothes off :eek:), Rolling Road days or just a piss up and a party.

TopCat
31-01-2013, 17:32
Can we sort a southern area meet? Brands hatch or somewhere? Nationals is a no go for me due to the distance. It's a 7 hour round trip for me and I'd only be able to go for a day due to work commitments.

Be nice to see some other turbo'd renaults local

Dave Reed
31-01-2013, 17:56
How about trying to organising an event here

http://www.maitlandracing.com/north-weald-test-tune-calendar/

Romil Davda
31-01-2013, 17:59
Can we sort a southern area meet? Brands hatch or somewhere? Nationals is a no go for me due to the distance. It's a 7 hour round trip for me and I'd only be able to go for a day due to work commitments.

Be nice to see some other turbo'd renaults local

Davo, what are thinking about doing: A track day? Meet other Renault Turbo owners? Or both?

There are a lot of people local to Chelsford. The southern X-mas do was in Cambridge and we had over 18 people turn up (+1's included).

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
31-01-2013, 18:00
I'd be up for brands thrash day.:smokin:

Penfold aka The Dealer
31-01-2013, 18:04
I'd be up for brands thrash day.:smokin:

Take the red 5 and Demo it to potential buyers ;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
31-01-2013, 18:06
Good idea, depends on how many 'bite marks' you want to end up with on the passenger seat Shoppers....:burnrubber:

TopCat
31-01-2013, 18:48
Davo, what are thinking about doing: A track day? Meet other Renault Turbo owners? Or both?

There are a lot of people local to Chelsford. The southern X-mas do was in Cambridge and we had over 18 people turn up (+1's included).

Yeah a bit of both mate. Be good not having to travel loads.

I reckon the south and south east area would be ideal for a mini meet. What dya reckon?

Tony Walker
31-01-2013, 20:55
I personally think we should list all names on a National day list..... then tick whos attending/Paid So people online get a good idea whos going then the people who arent attending have to write why they cant :D lets see the best excuse :agree: best excuse gets a free ND ticket so they have to go.

Sol
01-02-2013, 14:47
I'm definately up for the Retro Ride day in August.

chris
02-02-2013, 20:26
Right guys i have put the poll back on here after it got lost i know its annoying but please can you vote again thanks for your help :agree:

chris
02-02-2013, 22:19
Bump

chris
03-02-2013, 12:58
Thanks to those who have voted so far keep it up guys :agree:

Pete@Backyard Racing
03-02-2013, 20:23
Birmingham nec classic car show gets my vote. Maybee we could talk to the raoc, Rccc, Clio sport and the other renault clubs to get a stand near them. We might get some new members from it.
I went to last years ccs and couldn't believe how many car clubs there were. Even the fiat panda owners club turned up ffs but not r5gtt in sight. :cry:

Dave Reed
03-02-2013, 20:49
How about trying to organising an event here

http://www.maitlandracing.com/north-weald-test-tune-calendar/

:scared:

chris
03-02-2013, 21:12
:scared:

Have you been there before dave what day in particuler did you have in mind for it mate?

chris
03-02-2013, 21:14
Birmingham nec classic car show gets my vote. Maybee we could talk to the raoc, Rccc, Clio sport and the other renault clubs to get a stand near them. We might get some new members from it.
I went to last years ccs and couldn't believe how many car clubs there were. Even the fiat panda owners club turned up ffs but not r5gtt in sight. :cry:

Fiat pandas owners club lol we should look into as your right its great advertising because you get thousands of people goin to that show

Dave Reed
03-02-2013, 21:35
Have you been there before dave what day in particuler did you have in mind for it mate?

Yeah been quite a few times in the past... They only seem to hold test n tune days, think is maybe a gd place for a southern meet & anyone else who's up for a bit of a laugh.. Maybe someone could speak to them and arrange something? They also do sprint courses at the same venue, however I don't know much about them and think you need to be part of a sprint type club..

Nottswoody
03-02-2013, 21:36
Fiat pandas owners club lol we should look into as your right its great advertising because you get thousands of people goin to that show

There actually is one
http://www.pandaownersclub.co.uk/

chris
03-02-2013, 21:42
Yeah been quite a few times in the past... They only seem to hold test n tune days, think is maybe a gd place for a southern meet & anyone else who's up for a bit of a laugh.. Maybe someone could speak to them and arrange something? They also do sprint courses at the same venue, however I don't know much about them and think you need to be part of a sprint type club..
we could have a word with them and see if we can go on a day when theres a test a tune day. that way we can find out if you have to be in a sprint club?

chris
03-02-2013, 21:43
There actually is one
http://www.pandaownersclub.co.uk/
you a member woody? a secret passion?:laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-02-2013, 21:48
I'm a member of Sevenoaks and district motor club, we organise sprint courses at North Weald as part of the speed league. To do sprints to msa standards, you are looking at a club membership, a speed licence, signed into a local championship, have all relevant safety equipment and an eligible car.

Dave Reed
03-02-2013, 22:05
we could have a word with them and see if we can go on a day when theres a test a tune day. that way we can find out if you have to be in a sprint club?

The drag racing side of it is rwyb (same as pod etc) so really all we'd need to do is ask if we could have a club stand of some sort and I little area??? It's also quite a cheap day out..

Thanks Matt, that's right it's the Sevenoaks club as I know a couple of people who are part of it... Do they not do rwyb type sprint events at all Matt?

chris
03-02-2013, 22:07
I'm a member of Sevenoaks and district motor club, we organise sprint courses at North Weald as part of the speed league. To do sprints to msa standards, you are looking at a club membership, a speed licence, signed into a local championship, have all relevant safety equipment and an eligible car.
so thats a no then unless you went on ur own matt going solo for RTOC :laugh: do you have any ideas on events for the club matt

chris
03-02-2013, 22:11
The drag racing side of it is rwyb (same as pod etc) so really all we'd need to do is ask if we could have a club stand of some sort and I little area??? It's also quite a cheap day out..

Thanks Matt, that's right it's the Sevenoaks club as I know a couple of people who are part of it... Do they not so rwyb type sprint events at all Matt?
oh sorry i was replying to matt then dave so the drag raceing is run what you brung ?

Dave Reed
03-02-2013, 22:13
oh sorry i was replying to matt then dave so the drag raceing is run what you brung ?

Yeah Chris that's correct the drag racing is run what ya brung.. :D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-02-2013, 22:19
so thats a no then unless you went on ur own matt going solo for RTOC :laugh:

I don't mind doing that.....;)

They do auto solos, which are borderline sprints, less restricted on cars and equipment.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-02-2013, 22:29
Here's a quick vid of the North Weald course I did in Ricardos clio and mine....this is Jeff in his supercharged zetec engined Sylvia.....:eek:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HLk7dn3pDrs

chris
03-02-2013, 22:39
Here's a quick vid of the North Weald course I did in Ricardos clio and mine....this is Jeff in his supercharged zetec engined Sylvia.....:eek:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HLk7dn3pDrs
Jeff is a frigin loony :devil: so what events would you reccomend matt as you move in the motersport circles

chris
03-02-2013, 22:41
also can everyone who voted before please do so again as we had to redo the poll because it broke :agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-02-2013, 22:50
Jeff is a frigin loony :devil: so what events would you reccomend matt as you move in the motersport circles

That course was crap that day, came close to rolling Ricardos car......:laugh: his face was a picture when I came back to the paddock.

If someone were interested in base level Motorsport events, then sprints/hillclimbs are probably the best option, as mentioned join a local club etc.....

Of course, racing is the next step up, but more of a cost really, there is the cost of a trailer, a barge to tow it with, more safety equipment than a sprint car, more stringent rules than sprints, the cost of tyres.....The list goes on, sometimes the cost of building the car is nothing compared to keeping it running.

What's the criteria for the 'club event'? I suppose you would have more fun at a trackday than a sprint, but no 'completion', you certainly get more value for money/track time compared to a sprint too.....

It's a shame World Series is a no go in the uk, great event. Personally I'd like another anniversary race of the cup cars, or something like that, but we live in the real world.

chris
03-02-2013, 23:02
there is no critera its just trying to get everyone involved in the club and get people to come to meets i personaly like lots of type of motersports and so on i go to alot of vintage truck shows and i go to some bike meets with freinds and obviously i like anything to do with cars

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-02-2013, 23:09
I see yes, in fact reading over what you asked in the first place and what I've written.....makes me sound like I'm on some really strong medication....:innocent:

I did mention in another thread about the crystal palace sprint, and possibly getting a stand there too, its a great event, its held on a bank holiday normally, its the ONLY motorsport event in London. There are some great cars like gt40's, bugatti type 35, ex formula cars, historic racers and modern LMP style cars. Great for spectators, general punters and enthusiasts. The paddock is open in the trees so you can get up close and personal with the owner/drivers as well as the cars.

chris
03-02-2013, 23:12
i will google it tomorrow and have a look mate can car clubs have a stand on there aswell

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-02-2013, 23:15
Yes.

I'll ask at my end and see what happens?;)

In the meantime, have a looksie here.......

http://motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/

There is a contact here.......

exhibitors@motorsportatthepalace.co.uk

chris
03-02-2013, 23:35
26+27th of may ok cool well see what you can find out it does look realky good and as its a bank holiday its worth traveling for and make a weekend of it

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-02-2013, 23:38
That's it.;) plus if you tell the other half you fancy a couple of days in London together I bet her eyes will light up and she will say yes!....:niceone:

BluntyR5GTT
08-02-2013, 16:29
keep the votes coming people every one counts and is very important we get as much feedback as possible

chris
08-02-2013, 17:04
keep the votes coming people every one counts and is very important we get as much feedback as possible
i agree only 18 people have voted i think people don't realise that the vote had to be reset so if you voted before then please do so again. thanks guys:agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-02-2013, 17:08
Chris did you try that link in the crystal palace event? The one for exhibitors.

chris
08-02-2013, 17:29
Chris did you try that link in the crystal palace event? The one for exhibitors.
hi matt how are you i pmd you twice buddy i asked if you could email me the link :agree: medchris@live.co.uk

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-02-2013, 17:32
Must have missed that as inbox is filling up...
I'll do it now.

chris
08-02-2013, 17:51
Got it cheers mate i will have a read when i get home :agree:

Mart
08-02-2013, 17:55
What about a 'Run to the sun' (doesn't have to be Newquay) type event?

It was banded around a few years back, but never went any further than that. Might be more interest for doing it this year?

BluntyR5GTT
08-02-2013, 17:59
run to the sun is a brilliant thing and id love us do something like that, and defo consider newquay as the destination

Mart
08-02-2013, 18:07

Several convoys from each corner of the country, so to speak, all heading to a Newquay campsite for a (long) weekend, beers & bbq, everyone trundles off home Sunday evening/Monday. J.D :)

TopCat
08-02-2013, 18:09
Rent the top gear race track. :)

You should put where the shows are located on the vote board- I'd go to all the local ones

BluntyR5GTT
08-02-2013, 18:20

Several convoys from each corner of the country, so to speak, all heading to a Newquay campsite for a (long) weekend, beers & bbq, everyone trundles off home Sunday evening/Monday. J.D :)

a big :agree: from me sounds like a brilliant plan

BluntyR5GTT
Rent the top gear race track. :)

You should put where the shows are located on the vote board- I'd go to all the local ones

edited poll

TopCat
Nice one mate.

philr5t
08-02-2013, 19:16
Is there going to be a pod day or even better a week end at all this year

Also I'm with dave reed north Weald sounds a good idea

westy94
08-02-2013, 20:17
[QUOTE=TopCat;313711]Rent the top gear race track

Now that's the best idea I've heard all week, we could do our own lap times score board :agree:

turbo ted
08-02-2013, 20:19
wheres frog at the pod day to vote for:crap:

car.crash
08-02-2013, 20:25
Pod gets my vote.

Logg
08-02-2013, 20:38

Got to love frog of the pod. :agree:

JRP
08-02-2013, 21:00
Pod days are the best

chris
08-02-2013, 21:43
Is that where RTOC books santapod to themselves?

turbo ted
08-02-2013, 21:55
yes are own event fast show and ultimate street car is a chav festival

chris
08-02-2013, 22:02
yes are own event fast show and ultimate street car is a chav festival

Trouble is how many people do you think will turn up the club is not as big as it once was and its very exspensive to hire santa pod ?

turbo ted
08-02-2013, 23:31
to hire pod for the day is just over 4k and for blyton park is just over 10k so the committee just spends all the club funds on one event now:confused:

Tony Walker
08-02-2013, 23:36
so for a pod day to happen about 60 of us would need to turn up at about £60 a ticket?

Doesnt seem too unrealistic?

chris
08-02-2013, 23:37
No I don't think so mate my point being its just over 4k and what if only 10 cars turn up its a big loss I am not sure what the club turnover is. Is it no good if we join in on an event thats allready on?

turbo ted
08-02-2013, 23:57
we tired that last year at the pod and it was a disaster no rtoc area for club cars to be together and you could only get 3 runs on the day, where as before on frog at pod i think most poeple got over 20 runs.the club funds from membership every year is always near 15k your on committe you should know the figures.

chris
09-02-2013, 00:12
I have just joined the commitee so it is new to me I am also doing this in my spare time which I dont have much of working 60 plus hours a week so no need to get at me over figures I believe the website needs upgradeing aswell but I will look into it tommorow and then we can talk bout it then is that ok?

rs250nut
09-02-2013, 00:23

Will be pissed not to see this again, had a few memorable weekends at the pod with the rtoc posse:agree:

BluntyR5GTT
09-02-2013, 05:42

now added, im not sure on clubs budget this year etc maybe someone higher up can shed some light on it?

car.crash
09-02-2013, 06:44
Putting only one rtoc event on is a pain but I we can't afford two then I understand. But having it crossed with fcs is going to cause issues.
We need to be at fcs promoting ourselves rather than isolating at blyton.

R5MJH
09-02-2013, 06:50
The karting has been changed to the 28th now :agree:

Voted frog at the pod, enjoyed the event at the pod last year even though it was mega busy :)

GTphil
09-02-2013, 12:34
Frog of the pod for me! :agree: best rtoc event that has ever been!

Although I have never been to Blyton or Mallory, I'm to scared to turn that round thing that sits infront of me whilst driving:wasntme:

Awesome having the whole place to ourselves, at no other time is it possible to do as much test and tune and get loads of runs in. Last years wasn't really backed by the club in full I feel, turn out was pants, organization was rubbish, I still enjoyed myself, it's just much more special having the place to ourselves.

GT Josh
09-02-2013, 12:39
Frog of the pod gets my vote aswell

BluntyR5GTT
09-02-2013, 13:04
guys iv dropped a bit of a clanger, i shouldnt of added the frog of the pod option as its been brought to my attention that something is possibly going be sorted where we tag along at another event.

so my apologies for the balls up :crap:

Logg
09-02-2013, 13:05
Got love how chilled out everyone is at our own pod days. No queue, lots of laughs, helping each other out and as a bonus theres normally another event the following day to have a nose around. :agree:

turbo ted
09-02-2013, 13:16
guys iv dropped a bit of a clanger, i shouldnt of added the frog of the pod option as its been brought to my attention that something is possibly going be sorted where we tag along at another event.

so my apologies for the balls up :crap:

looks like you've taken this voting poll down for frog at the pod because it was going to win, maybe its time you start listening to what members want!!!!!

BluntyR5GTT
09-02-2013, 13:23
hey robbie if it was up to me there would be a frog of the pod event every year, like i say i shouldnt of added that option as it seems like a no go for this year.

JRP
09-02-2013, 13:32
looks like you've taken this voting poll down for frog at the pod because it was going to win, maybe its time you start listening to what members want!!!!!

Like button. No pod is a travesty

JRP
09-02-2013, 13:33
Pod used to be the national day, and at a less price than a track rental.... Makes sense it's brought back as the nd...

BluntyR5GTT
09-02-2013, 13:36
Pod used to be the national day, and at a less price than a track rental.... Makes sense it's brought back as the nd...

now thats a suggestion that can be taken on board, i reckon it would be interesting to have a vote on where everyone would prefer next years national day

car.crash
09-02-2013, 13:38
What a mess.

Big Steve - Raider
09-02-2013, 13:51
Ok, so why don't we cancel Blyton & just do Pod? :confused:

Alex
09-02-2013, 14:03
:laugh: You've got to love RTOC. No one turned up at Pod last year now everyone wants to go! :brickwall:

The new Bill J
09-02-2013, 14:10
:laugh: You've got to love RTOC. No one turned up at Pod last year now everyone wants to go! :brickwall:

:laugh:

That's what I was thinking. Last year's pod day was the fail of all fails :(

I do like a nice day out at 'pod though :cool:

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:13
I haven't read this thread, just the last few posts, but I can say that RTOC can't book an exclusive weekend day. Pod won't hire it to us since 2006. Unless that's changed this year?

Fridays, they would do.

Last year Miller suggested booking into a weekend test and tune Pod day which we did.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:17
the club funds from membership every year is always near 15kHalf that now days.

2012 was close to, or perhaps just dipped into deficit for the first time ever.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:22
to hire pod for the day is just over 4k and for blyton park is just over 10k so the committee just spends all the club funds on one event now:confused:4K is a Friday, not a weekend. I presume that would be nearer to a track day hire. Last year the Blyton day lost a lot compared to the previous ones which had more people promoting and selling the event and tickets and broke even or nearly so.

Nottswoody
09-02-2013, 14:23
It's says have your say in the title.

My say is can we make our bloody minds up..lol what am I targeting for track or pod? :scratch: I don't care either way as I turned up for both last year..

car.crash
09-02-2013, 14:28
Most of the people who are asking for pod were there last year.
Blyton was fun and I would like to do both if possible.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:32
"Everyone" wants to go to Pod means about 10 people who said something in this thread.

Ideally the club will need to sell more than 60 tickets for a Friday event. And that wasn't happening.

People said the Sunday event last year was not advertised well so evidently the vast majority of people need a lot of telling, prodding, motivating. They don't just buy tickets and turn up.

Members leave it until the last week or so, even the day, to buy. That would be OK if the organisers knew they were going to sell out anyway. But now there's greater uncertainly that even half the required sales will take place. That's cause to doubt the wisdom of booking a venue and 20 people voting in a poll is not all that solid for a big event, it may be OK for booking 10 or 20 places and organising a stand at someone's show, which is what this thread is asking.

Markey Mark (BD)
09-02-2013, 14:33
I'd be very disappointed if there wasn't a Pod Day this year, to be honest I've found them much better than the Mallory/Bylton weekends we do

The last time we done one I think I counted more cars running up the pod than there was on the track, that's members and not people who buy the excess tickets to cover cost
Last years Pod Day was a total cock up, no real push for it and arranging it on a day where there was a huge VW show on the same weekend was a poor idea

I'd say Pod Day instead of Blyton for this year too, far better day :agree:

One thing I will say is avoid going to one of those 'chav' days like USC and Fast Show, track prep is crap and the que's are ridiculous
A day on our own or tag along on a 'test and tune' day would get my vote

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:36
Most of the people who are asking for pod were there last year.That were 9 sales in advance at £60 and 4 x £10 entry on the day.

The other 31 went for £30 instead of £60 to other people who were there from other clubs thanks mainly it seems to Miller and Glenn.

So shall we book Pod on a Friday this year just so those nine can attend?

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:42
arranging it on a day where there was a huge VW show on the same weekend was a poor ideaAFAIK, there was no mention of VW when we booked it. It was supposed to be a test and tune day and no three runs only nonsense.

I'd say Pod Day instead of Blyton for this year too, far better day :agree:Friday only. No weekend, as mentioned above.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:44
I'm not being negative here, just realistic. :) People seem unable to grasp the bigger picture when demanding the RTOC book something or other because it was good in years gone by.

R5MJH
09-02-2013, 14:47
I'd be very disappointed if there wasn't a Pod Day this year, to be honest I've found them much better than the Mallory/Bylton weekends we do

The last time we done one I think I counted more cars running up the pod than there was on the track, that's members and not people who buy the excess tickets to cover cost
Last years Pod Day was a total cock up, no real push for it and arranging it on a day where there was a huge VW show on the same weekend was a poor idea

I'd say Pod Day instead of Blyton for this year too, far better day :agree:

One thing I will say is avoid going to one of those 'chav' days like USC and Fast Show, track prep is crap and the que's are ridiculous
A day on our own or tag along on a 'test and tune' day would get my vote
i agree with mark we were there last year too it was good id vote for this

Markey Mark (BD)
09-02-2013, 14:47
So why won't Pod let us book a day on the weekend then?

I don't mind it being a Friday, i'm never expecting it to be on a weekend either just a real shame that Pod Day is being pushed aside

Markey Mark (BD)
09-02-2013, 14:48
i agree with mark we were there last year too it was good id vote for this

To be honest last year was crap mate, just felt like a few of us turned up to a show at Pod rather than have our usual Pod Day

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:49
I would suggest joining in with a POD test and tune day but this time have a club stand and promote it well. The problem is always that Pod might change things and have some show that days that earns them a lot more then a test and tune day. I think they don't normally do what we did last year, which is sell 40 tickets out of 100 for such a day. I guess that they hold those test and tune days in reserve in case a big club want to put on a big show.
So why won't Pod let us book a day on the weekend then?We had 300 people turn up. It was 'deserted'. They make money from the gate, not just the booking fee.

A big club might have 3000(?) people turn up.

I think Pod don't tend to book out weekdays much so don't figure that into their annual profit and loss. So £4k or so covers their costs if they do and only 20 people turn up, ie, it's not dependant on the gate takings.

Looks like Blyton 2012 sold 43 track time tickets! That's hardly any.

chris
09-02-2013, 14:53
There was no single pod event last year so i thought that was how we where going to do things. Can we maybe alternate it each year? or as someone mentioned have a vote? This years national day is booked and on the thread that confirms the date people seemed pleased, obviously theres comments about it being on the same day as FCS. but you have to be honest there is no way the club can afford to do 2 national days a year and take big losses. Myself and ross put this thread up so we can start doing things as a club to get more of a community spiret and try and get something for everyone, also advertise the club thats it

Ian S
09-02-2013, 14:55
I think that if the RTOC can put on successful small events, that might grow interest in the larger ones.

But I think selling 30 or 40 tickets for ND means the RTOC can't book a venue to itself any more. Unless that changes this year and a lot more tickets sell for Blyton and people do turn up to the small club events.

chris
09-02-2013, 15:00
I thought showing our faces under the RTOC banner at other events is good advertising

Ian S
09-02-2013, 15:01
I think so too.

Mart
09-02-2013, 15:12
So do members now not want this year's ND at Blyton?

Bit late in the day for that to be flagged up, isn't it?

People seem to forget how stagnant ND @ Pod became, hence changing to a track based venue, and also the lack of interest from the Pod event last year.

chris
09-02-2013, 15:20

People seem to forget how stagnant ND @ Pod became, hence changing to a track based venue, and also the lack of interest from the Pod event last year.

I dont think its a case of no one wants to go just look at the thread where the date was confirmed

Big Steve - Raider
09-02-2013, 16:26

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/smiley712/smiley-confused005.gif

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-137.gifhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-137.gifhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-137.gifhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-137.gif

5teve L
09-02-2013, 16:34
It will be a shame to loose Pod day (FOTP) as it really was a good day out (& night :eek::eek:) Last one I attended I managed 20+ runs. I understand the need to save on the coffers but IMO, it's not going to work tagging onto a test & tune as you can just arrange an event & meet up at one of those anyway AFAIK & maybe only manage 3 runs :disagree:

turbo ted
09-02-2013, 16:39
I thought showing our faces under the RTOC banner at other events is good advertising
yea like showing our face at the fcs and try and get more members to join rtoc,before anyone booked blyton why not contact rockingham raceway and ASK when the frenchcarshow is on.

BluntyR5GTT
09-02-2013, 16:42
Fcs is at castle combe this year. Tbf the nd was booked well before fcs even had a clue on there date

TopCat
09-02-2013, 17:26
[QUOTE=TopCat;313711]Rent the top gear race track

Now that's the best idea I've heard all week, we could do our own lap times score board :agree:

I have to say that burning around the same track we all see every week on the tv is appealing to me.

If the committee are interested in enquiring, its dunsfold park.

They do rent it for events etc- imagine it could be expensive, but I bet there would be plenty of rtoc members up for it.

What are YOU sayin??!?

** Thought I'd add that this is near mike at gt turbo spares which is a plus!

Nottswoody
09-02-2013, 17:43
What's the postcode of that? I think it's an amazing idea but if we can't get members to travel say 100mile we ain't going toget them travel further surely? I do think I can do better than 1.46 lol

GT Josh
09-02-2013, 17:48
I may come to ND. But won't be going on the track cause IMO it's dog turd. On the other hand I'd be at pod in a flash even though its 200 mile.

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-02-2013, 17:54
Top gear gear track is good in small ish numbers... As its a figure off 8 track... One car at a time :(

chris
09-02-2013, 17:55
I may come to ND. But won't be going on the track cause IMO it's dog turd. On the other hand I'd be at pod in a flash even though its 200 mile.

Why is that because of that particuler track ? or just trackdays in general?

Nottswoody
09-02-2013, 17:58
Blyton blyton blyton :) i wish we had a big spoon logo

TopCat
09-02-2013, 17:58
Top gear gear track is good in small ish numbers... As its a figure off 8 track... One car at a time :(

Yeah bit of a downside I spose. :/

TopCat
09-02-2013, 18:00
What's the postcode of that? I think it's an amazing idea but if we can't get members to travel say 100mile we ain't going toget them travel further surely? I do think I can do better than 1.46 lol

Nationals is a seven hour round trip for us southern boys mate :/

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
09-02-2013, 18:03
Top gear track?...It's **** there, its not a nice track at all.

tubbyG
09-02-2013, 18:07
Nationals is a seven hour round trip for us southern boys mate :/

thats nothing..... if I was to attend ND this year it would take me longer than that just to get there :laugh:

TopCat
09-02-2013, 18:09
thats nothing..... if I was to attend ND this year it would take me longer than that just to get there :laugh:

Take it u won't be going then mate? I'm gonna go hopefully, but will be convoying hopefully with the Kent/Essex members

Mart
09-02-2013, 18:12
Top gear track?...It's **** there, its not a nice track at all.

soapymech
09-02-2013, 18:13
rtoc without frog of the pod noooooo:sad2: it make sense to combine nd and pod if thats the case, we want our own day so why not at pod?:scratch:dont realy want to see the demise of the quater mile board, my motivation,and then being called the renault oe owners club:crap:

chris
09-02-2013, 18:15
yea like showing our face at the fcs and try and get more members to join rtoc,before anyone booked blyton why not contact rockingham raceway and ASK when the frenchcarshow is on.

Thats just unfortunate mate these things happen were booked at blyton now. and if your honest do you think people will turn up to a week day at pod?

chris
09-02-2013, 18:17
rtoc without frog of the pod noooooo:sad2: it make sense to combine nd and pod if thats the case, we want our own day so why not at pod?:scratch:dont realy want to see the demise of the quater mile board, my motivation,and then being called the renault oe owners club:crap:

we cant get our own day at a weekend at pod mate we are too small

Markey Mark (BD)
09-02-2013, 18:18
if your honest do you think people will turn up to a week day at pod?

Yes they would, many have turned up before and i'm sure we'd get a good turn out again if it went ahead

Nottswoody
09-02-2013, 18:19
we cant get our own day at a weekend at pod mate we are too small

Lol the VW MASSIVE filled every space and field going. We would prob fill next to the showers numbers talk and we don't have them.. Pitty

chris
09-02-2013, 18:20
Yes they would, many have turned up before and i'm sure we'd get a good turn out again if it went ahead

like last year? how many people realisticly do you think will turn up mark

TopCat
09-02-2013, 18:24
The toughest thing about events is to arrange one which keeps everybody happy.

Best of luck Chris. ;)

soapymech
09-02-2013, 18:25
i would make the extra effort, if this was our only option:cool:

Markey Mark (BD)
09-02-2013, 18:25

Don't know why people keep comparing Pod Day to only last year, last years was a right cock up.
The previous years have been brilliant, all you got to do is have a look at the pic's and you'll see how many people/cars turned up for the day on a Friday. Campsite was very busy too all night so saying the club won't get the numbers on a Friday is rubbish

TopCat
09-02-2013, 18:26

Me too. I'd go on a week day.

Markey Mark (BD)
09-02-2013, 18:27

:agree: People make the effort if its something they are interested in and enjoy ;)

Nottswoody
09-02-2013, 18:34
I think I know why new members don't say anything lol it's obvious we will never please everyone sometime the descision needs to be made and people either go or don't.. I'm so glad I have nothing todo with it but I will attend either way were ever it is.. It's hard

chris
09-02-2013, 18:35
:agree: People make the effort if its something they are interested in and enjoy ;)

i agree but if you look at it this way what happens to people who prefer track days? the club can only afford to do one big event a year thats a fact and alot of people enjoyed blyton last year but i think it does highlight that maybe after this years national day we vote on what event we want to do as national day. that way no one can moan because its the majority. Do you think thats the way forwards:)

Mart
09-02-2013, 18:40
Maybe, or maybe the Committee should decide where ND is held - After all, they're the ones that organise it, as well as holding the purse strings of course.

Why not look at a new format for an event? Trackdays, 1/4 mile racing, and RR events have all been done before...

chris
09-02-2013, 18:47
Trouble is the commitee get hammerd by people who dont agree with the location and or type of event so a vote would stop that and put it in the members hands

Markey Mark (BD)
09-02-2013, 18:48
i agree but if you look at it this way what happens to people who prefer track days? the club can only afford to do one big event a year thats a fact and alot of people enjoyed blyton last year but i think it does highlight that maybe after this years national day we vote on what event we want to do as national day. that way no one can moan because its the majority. Do you think thats the way forwards:)

How comes the club funds have got that bad we can't afford both days like we have before, is there any reason for this?

I'm not saying we should forget track day lovers, to be honest that's why we hold a Nat Day at a track so those people get to do what they enjoy it just seems us drag racing lovers get put to the side because it seems hard to book a day at the Pod

A comment was raised earlier in that Pod won't let us book a weekend, why is this? Is there a reason and can we do anything to change it?

I think it should be put to vote everytime, as you say majority says where Nat Day is but still I recon it shouldn't plough all its money into it for one weekend that not everyone will enjoy, least save a few funds to please others too that's way everyone in the club is pleased (that was idea of both days in the beginning)

chris
09-02-2013, 18:57
How comes the club funds have got that bad we can't afford both days like we have before, is there any reason for this?

I'm not saying we should forget track day lovers, to be honest that's why we hold a Nat Day at a track so those people get to do what they enjoy it just seems us drag racing lovers get put to the side because it seems hard to book a day at the Pod

A comment was raised earlier in that Pod won't let us book a weekend, why is this? Is there a reason and can we do anything to change it?

I think it should be put to vote everytime, as you say majority says where Nat Day is but still I recon it shouldn't plough all its money into it for one weekend that not everyone will enjoy, least save a few funds to please others too that's way everyone in the club is pleased (that was idea of both days in the beginning)

yea i believe pod wont let us have a weekend because of the amount of people we bring they make money off the gate takeings aswell as the actual booking fee i believe. the trouble is myself and ross are only trying to organise a pressence at already organised events and have been on the commitee 5 mins :laugh:

Mart
09-02-2013, 18:58
Trouble is the commitee get hammerd by people who dont agree with the location and or type of event so a vote would stop that and put it in the members hands

That only works if everyone votes. You'd be lucky to get 100 votes in total, but prove me wrong by all means :agree:

Mark, club funds have taken a dive in the past 12 months - Combination of reduced members joining up, and cr8p turn-outs at the Pod day and Blyton (ok, ND wasn't too bad, but I think the club still made a loss, iirc).

I'm guessing the costs of 'hiring' a venue or 2 for the day have naturally increased as well.

chris
09-02-2013, 19:03
If you dont vote you cant moan:p

Markey Mark (BD)
09-02-2013, 19:05
Mark, club funds have taken a dive in the past 12 months - Combination of reduced members joining up, and cr8p turn-outs at the Pod day and Blyton (ok, ND wasn't too bad, but I think the club still made a loss, iirc).

I'm guessing the costs of 'hiring' a venue or 2 for the day have naturally increased as well.

That's understandable mate, i'll be honest I've not seen or heard about the club funds so didn't realise but can understand if funds have got that bad then its hard to do 2 big events, just a real shame its the Pod Day

I could go on for ages about this but Pod Day/Drag event held by the club more than likely isn't going to happen, lets hope next year that something could be arranged as I think a lot of people would agree it has been a very good day and prob some of the best we've done

car.crash
09-02-2013, 19:09
If you dont vote you cant moan:p

If you don't add things we want to vote for then we can't vote.
Chris you need to start small and look at local meets. You've said it yourself that you just want members to tag along to existing events so stay along those lines rather than telling everyone they can't have a pod day.
Last years pod was a fail but it was poorly organised and to close to blyton which made members choose between the two funds wise.
Spread them right out so it gives people a chance to hit both with funds and time away from family.
I don't see how me made a loss last year either as Chris sold all the tickets at face value at the gate on the day, albeit to non members but he sold them all.

chris
09-02-2013, 19:27
If you don't add things we want to vote for then we can't vote.
Chris you need to start small and look at local meets. You've said it yourself that you just want members to tag along to existing events so stay along those lines rather than telling everyone they can't have a pod day.
Last years pod was a fail but it was poorly organised and to close to blyton which made members choose between the two funds wise.
Spread them right out so it gives people a chance to hit both with funds and time away from family.
I don't see how me made a loss last year either as Chris sold all the tickets at face value at the gate on the day, albeit to non members but he sold them all.

Thats what this thread is about thats why there is no frog of the pod on here mate because thats all we want to do is tag on to other events we are not organising national day type events i never brought up frog of the pod i was just answearing a question and that kicked off an argument and fairplay ian has chipped in exsplaing why but more senior commitee members have kept quite who know whats goin on at end of the day it should of been put to the members we can only do one event this year what do the members want to do but its done and plenty of people where pleased with blyton

turbo ted
09-02-2013, 19:32
what I find really disappointing is today is the first day any of us have heard that there wont be a pod day, when did the committee decide this and why didnt they ask members.
Also chris you are taking alot of flack here when you're only new to the committee, where are senior committee members, they are not answering the thread.

philr5t
09-02-2013, 19:37
Can I ask when was blyton booked for national day and was it the commitee who decided or did it go to members to vote as I can't remember voting and when was it announced that there was not going to be pod day

Cheers
Phil

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-02-2013, 19:37
I am pretty sure its been mentioned before that as it is there is no plans for RTOC to host an exclusive event at POD... if not then I apoligise on behalf of the committee...

HOWEVER.... the event organisers are now aware that there is an interest in returning to POD, I hope that they are looking into ways of getting an RTOC event there... most likely to be on the back of a show, or RWYB/Test and tune day... ie with very little up front cost for RTOC... as we cant make a loss like we did last year (which hopefully lessons have been made from last years event - IE: not so close to ND & to be pushed more via RTOC, Facebook and Twitter etc)

car.crash
09-02-2013, 19:40
Explain how we made a loss at pod.
We bought let's say 30 tickets. Sold about 5 to members and the rest were sold on the gate at full value. That's what Chris said to me on the day as I was stunned we got our money back.

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-02-2013, 19:40
Can I ask when was blyton booked for national day and was it the commitee who decided or did it go to members to vote as I can't remember voting and when was it announced that there was not going to be pod day

Cheers
Phil

Blyton was booked back in September.....

The club do not vote for every idea such as Venues/Dates for ND, The club voted to have a Committee, The Committee is there to act on behalf of the club & its members.

chris
09-02-2013, 19:42
I have rang santa pod today the girl in office is getting her boss to ring me monday so just to see what our options are get them emailed to me then i will post up on here

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-02-2013, 19:43
Explain how we made a loss at pod.
We bought let's say 30 tickets. Sold about 5 to members and the rest were sold on the gate at full value. That's what Chris said to me on the day as I was stunned we got our money back.

Dont quote me on this (You will as Its on the boards haha), but I think we did make a loss, how much I dont honestly know, I am not sure if Chris Miller has let Ian S know exactly how much we took in or even if the money has been put in our accounts - Ian S will know that.

Chris Miller posted this...

7 were sold through the shop @ £60 each
2 we sold in person by Clee @ £60 each
4 entry tickets were sold on the day for £10 each
The rest (31) was sold on the day by Glen and his good lady

I am counting the money now and will pay it in this week.

So a total loss of around £680 Much better than any other year of about £2500.

Ok so not a huge loss... BUT we only sold 9 tickets to RTOC members... 9 out for 40 tickets we brought....

rs250nut
09-02-2013, 19:49

To be honest bud that's one year out of how many, one bad year and suddenly it's all doom and gloom frog of the pod day finished. The two previous years were on a Friday and we had a fair few turn up. What about if we could arrange a day at the pod like the old mag features rtoc v cliosport etc? There has to be members on here that are on more than one forum.

S**t just saw Marky marks post.

TopCat
09-02-2013, 20:00
How about have 2 events (money/interest permitting)

One at the beginning of summer some and one in the autumn as a closing of the events season maybe?

That way there is enough space between the two, and people have enough time to get permission from the powers that be indoors.

Get people who would be interested in sponsoring the day/ have stands there (I.e gt turbo spares, cgb, euro car parts etc etc) charge them a fee and that would probably pay for the day so the club at worst would break even.

Sponsoring is great and is a tax relief to companies too. I'll donate some money to the club through my business for an event. Who ever sorts this- PM me.

car.crash
09-02-2013, 20:04
Pod day will be around 6 grand or more. Gt turbo spares will probably make a few hundred quid in spares then subtract his fuel and time costs. Cgb will be roughly the same.
Charge them anything and expect them not to arrive let alone hitting them for thousands.

JRP
09-02-2013, 20:13
How about have 2 events (money/interest permitting)

One at the beginning of summer some and one in the autumn as a closing of the events season maybe?

That way there is enough space between the two, and people have enough time to get permission from the powers that be indoors.

Get people who would be interested in sponsoring the day/ have stands there (I.e gt turbo spares, cgb, euro car parts etc etc) charge them a fee and that would probably pay for the day so the club at worst would break even.

Sponsoring is great and is a tax relief to companies too. I'll donate some money to the club through my business for an event. Who ever sorts this- PM me.

You can't charge mike to turn up, fair idea... But this mans saved many a member and a charge would be a tad insulting in my eyes. Remember he is a member to.

TopCat
09-02-2013, 20:17
Time will cost nothing if you're going to be there anyway fella- same for the fuel.

And does it have to be Santa pod? I'm sure there are cheaper avenues to go down.

Advertising wise- I wouldn't expect to claw 100% of the money invested from one day at an event. No company would. I'd comfortably get sponsorship from a couple of businesses for rtoc.

Anyway- even if sponsorship only paid a percentage of the amount, its better than what the club had prior to it.

car.crash
09-02-2013, 20:18
It's a nice idea but who will sponsor it. What's in it for them?
Also time does cost money. Mikes spares don't sort themselves from his various locations and climb into his trailer on their own and back out at pod, then back in at home time and then back out to be restocked.
Fuelling a juicy transit and a trailer is a hell of a lot more than a diesel car.
Don't take these people and their time for granted.

TopCat
09-02-2013, 20:18
You can't charge mike to turn up, fair idea... But this mans saved many a member and a charge would be a tad insulting in my eyes. Remember he is a member to.

Sponsoring is a tax relief mate- so it wouldn't cost him anything cos he'd get it deducted in his tax year.

TopCat
09-02-2013, 20:22

I'd sponsor some money- and ask for a ad on the site on the banner for an amount of time with my company website on it etc.

Im sure other companies would do the same too. I don't have a list of companies lined up, this was a suggestion to whoever does this on the committee.

Although I know a company who would sponsor too. So that's 2 for a start.

soapymech
09-02-2013, 20:23
im sure there have to be other car clubs having the same discussion about pod i think we need to find one and split the difference:confused:

car.crash
09-02-2013, 20:23
Fantastic and well done :)
Let us know when you get it sorted.

chris
09-02-2013, 20:30
im sure there have to be other car clubs having the same discussion about pod i think we need to find one and split the difference:confused:

Thats a good idea and someone mentioned about a club shootout like they used to do it would half the cost

TopCat
09-02-2013, 20:33
Also time does cost money. Mikes spares don't sort themselves from his various locations and climb into his trailer on their own and back out at pod, then back in at home time and then back out to be restocked.
Fuelling a juicy transit and a trailer is a hell of a lot more than a diesel car.
Don't take these people and their time for granted.

I'm not suggesting Mike or Bob fill up a van full of spares,nor am I taking mike or their time for granted. I simply wrote a list of businesses that may be intersted in sponsoring the club. Sponsoring an event can be from having your business name on the advert, to having banners up there.

Bit negative if u ask me mate.

soapymech
09-02-2013, 20:37
Thats a good idea and someone mentioned about a club shootout like they used to do it would half the cost
id say if finance is the problem because of the lack of member numbers then this is something we have to consider. there must be other clubs of a similar size with the same problem?

Ian S
09-02-2013, 20:47
The last Pod day I want to was probably ND 2004. We had arranged a good few traders, Ktec and CTM being two with good stands.

But now they won't bother with only 50 people turning up. They won't sell enough / anything.

The reason the Committee didn't book Pod this year or last year on the Friday is because there was no one to do it. The people who did it in previous years are not active now and were not replaced.

There was something like a £2500 loss each year.

And it's a big risk and the small number who do go, tend to not buy until the last minute in case it's raining and they don't go. We always worried about that but always got lucky with the weather. We might have lost another £3000 or so if it had been wet. We never had event insurance to cover that. I don't know if we could get that anyway.

I think we'd need to charge more than before, and sell more tickets.

The Blyton day lost about £5000 it looks like. If we booked and lost the normal at Friday Pod that would come from club savings, not income. If Blyton goes tit's up this year with hardly any tickets sold then...do I need to say it again?

Ian S
09-02-2013, 20:49
im sure there have to be other car clubs having the same discussion about pod i think we need to find one and split the difference:confused:I think this was done a few years ago when RTOC combined with the VW G40 (old supercharged Polo's) club, or whatever, for a shoot-out possibly at the Shakespeare strip.

soapymech
09-02-2013, 20:52
I think this was done a few years ago when RTOC combined with the VW G40 (old supercharged Polo's) club, or whatever, for a shoot-out possibly at the Shakespeare strip.think this might be a job for facebook ian?

Ian S
09-02-2013, 20:52
Explain how we made a loss at pod.IIRC, and I may not in this case, we paid £60 and they were sold at £30.

http://www.rtoc.org/files/?path=Club%20files/Club%20Financial%20reports/Santa%20Pod/

Had it not been for those who had the brass to shift them, there would have been more like £1600 lost.

Just was well we only booked 40 tickets. Normally about 50 people but we erred on the side of caution.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 20:54
think this might be a job for facebook ian?Errrm. I don't use Facebook. Can't make sense of it. Luckily other p[people here can :)

philr5t
09-02-2013, 20:55
Blyton was booked back in September.....

The club do not vote for every idea such as Venues/Dates for ND, The club voted to have a Committee, The Committee is there to act on behalf of the club & its members.

So if that's the case why is it not down to members to have an opinion on weather pod is to happen or not as it seems that there is never an opinion on track days and they are booked every year and I presume that track days never make a loss is that correct

car.crash
09-02-2013, 20:56
Track days loose around 5k from what I read.
Pod last year looks to have lost £600 of Ian is correct that the tickets were sold for £10 less than we paid.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 20:59
it seems that there is never an opinion on track daysThere was thread on it with plenty of posts before the 2013 day at Blyton was booked.

Mart
09-02-2013, 21:04
Track days loose around 5k from what I read

Only last year's ND @ Blyton, not all previous track-based ND's.

In fact, iirc, the last one at Mallory we made a profit, and broke even the year before that.

car.crash
09-02-2013, 21:07
Only last year's ND @ Blyton, not all previous track-based ND's.

In fact, iirc, the last one at Mallory we made a profit, and broke even the year before that.

Did we pay much more for blyton or did the rolling road cost a lot more than I would predict?
Numbers seemed high at blyton or at least close to Mallory. Just trying to see how we lost 5k compared to Mallorys profit.

I'm happy to hit a track day but it seems a shame to loose pod unless we have to.

Mart
09-02-2013, 21:11
I might be wrong, but I believe Blyton was cheaper to 'hire' than Mallory.

If so, I guess it's a case of numbers were down last year?

philr5t
09-02-2013, 21:15
There was thread on it with plenty of posts before the 2013 day at Blyton was booked.

So Ian who's decision was it to book blyton and not pod as if your going by previous figures would you not rather loose £600 at pod rather than 5k a blyton at the moment this to me seems very one sided in the way pod makes a loss so best thing to do is wash your hands with it and the paying members who enjoy it but on the other hand blyton makes a 5 grand loss but I know will book it again this year I am quite p***ed off actually as being a paying member like everyone else I look forward to pod every year as that's what I enjoy most and seeing all the great people I have made mates with over the last 10 years but I don't do track days and get quite bored there but I will still go to them to support the club and meet up with all the lads.
Don't you think it would have been nice for members to choose where we have national day 2013 rather than the committee if we could only afford one main event ?

Phil

Dave Reed
09-02-2013, 21:18
Does it have to be at pod?? How about Avon park?? I've been to club event here, it's probably cheaper than pod too... Only real downside is there a bit slow a clear ups n the track isn't quite as gd...

I was one of the few who actually bought a ticket for last years pod day and it was a pian in the arse queing due to the shared day, but still had fun...

Also maybe more should be done for the pod days.. I've never seen a rolling road at one (unlike blyton). Also one year I brought a couple of drag mates with me to do some demo runs, only to be told on the day they had to buy tickets to go on track (and yes I did arrange it before).

How about a vs match with a few other 80/90's cars to boost numbers? With some prizes? (Certainly something u can't do at a track event ;) )

Ian S
09-02-2013, 21:24
Did we pay much more for blyton or did the rolling road cost a lot more than I would predict?http://www.rtoc.org/files/?path=Club%20files/Club%20Financial%20reports/Club%20National%20Meeting%20day/

It's all here Marc.

Well the takings aren't as I only just got that data and haven't uploaded the latest doc yet. But you can see the costs.

Yes there was no money taken on the day for the RR.
The commemorative plates were an expense that seemed a nice thing to do and would have been OK if people had attended in sufficient numbers.
There was no money taken for the track instructors.

I don't know if there was in the past a fee to enter the show and shine, given that there wer prizes given but these may have been donated.

Mart
09-02-2013, 21:41
£1140 for a mobile RR unit to be present?! Fecking hell, I'm in the wrong game...

The new Bill J
09-02-2013, 21:48
So Ian who's decision was it to book blyton and not pod as if your going by previous figures would you not rather loose £600 at pod rather than 5k a blyton

Last year's 'pod day' wasn't really an rtoc event, and it certainly didn't feel like one. It was a massive VW event that a few of us 'gatecrashed'. It would have cost the club more than £600 had it been an exclusive day. How much have previous pod days cost the club? As has been said, Santa Pod will not let us hire the place at a weekend. Surely you can't have the club's number one event of the year on a week day? Therefore the only way of having a weekend pod National Day would be to tag onto something else, last last year's fail!

I'd much rather have an exclusive day somewhere, with that exclusive feel about it, or at least an event where we're not totally outnumbered! Whether that be at McDonald's car park, a field in the middle of no where, or anywhere else.....

I've never seen a rolling road at one (unlike blyton).

There was a thor dyno at the 2004 Santa Pod National day.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 21:53
So Ian who's decisionIt was the members decision who talked it over in the thread opened to discuss ND2013.

Previous Friday Pod days were losing money in a big way. And that's with no extra frills losing even more money.

ND organisation / planning / ticket selling is, and has been, nothing to do with me. It's all down to the ND organiser, Big Steve now, before that, Miller. Although Dawn co-organised the 2012 day and Dawn and CLee organised the 2011 day, as best as I can recall.

I just pay the bills and attempt to keep records when people can find it within themselves to send me the details.

The committee have talked over aspects of ND, mainly where it come to spending / losing money.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 22:04
I'm finding it hard to understand why there is even a discussion about Pod at the weekend when RTOC has not that since 2005. People are going on like weekend Pod happens every year. Friday Pod lost a bundle and would have lost a shed load more if it had rained. If you're all so mad keen then why don't you all buy your tickets months before and don't complain if it rains, and make sure the event sells out.

And people seem oblivious at the finances.

Please people, get with it.

How may times must it be said, and in how many threads, before it hits home. The membership numbers are a lot smaller and so the income is a lot smaller.

The events have to sell out or the club will soon run out of savings.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 22:16
If it's not too late to have a Pod day on a Friday this year:

• we need to have a good idea how many will pay, even if it rains.
• Or buy event cancellation insurance if that's possible and affordable.
• See if other clubs want to join in and split the cost, or the people in this thread will have to pay £200(?) each to have their own day for them selves. Even if it rains. And Pay in advance and have no refunds.

Is that OK with you all :) I'm not organising it by the way, just helping out here with the discussion :)

Other tracks in the past have not been popular as a ND venue with RTOCers due to members wanting to put down competitive times, even if only competing with their own previous times.

Dave Reed
09-02-2013, 22:41
So how much are we going to charge for blyton this year £600 per ticket?

Ian S
09-02-2013, 22:50
Well if 70 people go and the costs are £11000.

To break event it's £157 each. :)

Or if 150 people by a track ticket then it's £73. But can 150 fit onto the track? Will 150 buy a track ticket?

Wasn't it about £95 for non members for the one that did bread even, 2010? A lot of non members went to that. Don't know the numbers.

Big Steve - Raider
09-02-2013, 22:57
So Ian who's decision was it to book blyton and not pod as if your going by previous figures would you not rather loose £600 at pod rather than 5k a blyton at the moment this to me seems very one sided in the way pod makes a loss so best thing to do is wash your hands with it and the paying members who enjoy it but on the other hand blyton makes a 5 grand loss but I know will book it again this year I am quite p***ed off actually as being a paying member like everyone else I look forward to pod every year as that's what I enjoy most and seeing all the great people I have made mates with over the last 10 years but I don't do track days and get quite bored there but I will still go to them to support the club and meet up with all the lads.
Don't you think it would have been nice for members to choose where we have national day 2013 rather than the committee if we could only afford one main event ?

Phil

Did you miss this thread Phil? :scratch:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?p=289901#post289901

I hereby tender my resignation from the committee to let some of the other members give something back to the club. :)

Ian S
09-02-2013, 23:00
who's decision was it to book blytonThread from Sep 2012 re: ND 2013: http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=29829

JRP
09-02-2013, 23:02
Don't dig out Phil to much guys.

Ian S
09-02-2013, 23:04
Phil asked the question :)

old skool turbo power
09-02-2013, 23:13
I'd much rather have an exclusive day somewhere, with that exclusive feel about it, or at least an event where we're not totally outnumbered! Whether that be at McDonald's car park, a field in the middle of no where, or anywhere else.....

There was a thor dyno at the 2004 Santa Pod National day.

my 1st meet was up a car park that was up at derby in 2005 i think it was,it was at at the KFC car park wasnt a bad meet :agree:got lost a few times finding it :laugh:think....a few meets like that arnt bad esp to meet new people like i did,there was about 10/15cars there.

philr5t
09-02-2013, 23:16

I hereby tender my resignation from the committee to let some of the other members give something back to the club. :)

If your resignation decision is made on me asking why pod has never been spoke about not being held this year then you are a very sad person mate and in regards to the thread you copied me in on I'm sure the title stated WHEN did everyone want nd to be on i didn't see it mentioned blyton or pod I understand 99.9% of the commitee would rather hold a national weekend at a track and I couldn't agree more but what my point is have some consideration for the other half of the members who like pod and at least inform them there was no intention of booking it this year am I really that much of a bad person cause if so please tell me

Mart
09-02-2013, 23:16
From little acorns big oak trees grow.

Dave Reed
09-02-2013, 23:35

Come on Steve.. You and dawn done a great job at making last years nd a wicked weekend! Don't take it so personal buddy, we're just having a discussion :)

philr5t
09-02-2013, 23:40
Come on Steve.. You and dawn done a great job at making last years nd a wicked weekend! Don't take it so personal buddy, we're just having a discussion :)

I could not agree more with dave I have a lot of respect for yourself and the rest of the commitee Steve and if I wanted to have a pop I would not choose to do it on here but all I asked is when was we going to be told there was no pod day I didn't once indicate anything direct to yourself mate if you look at my posts :)

JRP
09-02-2013, 23:47
If your resignation decision is made on me asking why pod has never been spoke about not being held this year then you are a very sad person mate and in regards to the thread you copied me in on I'm sure the title stated WHEN did everyone want nd to be on i didn't see it mentioned blyton or pod I understand 99.9% of the commitee would rather hold a national weekend at a track and I couldn't agree more but what my point is have some consideration for the other half of the members who like pod and at least inform them there was no intention of booking it this year am I really that much of a bad person cause if so please tell me

Phil he has thought about it for ages it's not your comment

Ian S
09-02-2013, 23:50
I might be wrong, but I believe Blyton was cheaper to 'hire' than Mallory.

If so, I guess it's a case of numbers were down last year?All correct. Blyton is a lot less.

Mallory 2011 lost £3800 but had more people buy in advance and no frills, no RR, disco, plates. Some trophies were bought and so was some sine-age and printed materials.

It was 2010 that about broke even with a lot more non members paying the significantly higher non member price. But a few people later complained about the busier track full of non Renaults.

Scoff
09-02-2013, 23:56
£1140 for a mobile RR unit to be present?! Fecking hell, I'm in the wrong game...

You wouldn't say that after spending 40k on one m8 ;) :cartman:

chris
09-02-2013, 23:56
I could not agree more with dave I have a lot of respect for yourself and the rest of the commitee Steve and if I wanted to have a pop I would not choose to do it on here but all I asked is when was we going to be told there was no pod day I didn't once indicate anything direct to yourself mate if you look at my posts :)

I will be honest i just assumed we would be joining in on another day again but try and be abit more organised and the pod days to ourselves where before my time. Obviously now i can see thats not what people want but does anyone see a way round this problem without falling out and try and work together:)

Mart
10-02-2013, 00:03
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, in this club sometimes.

We didn't have a Pod day as such last year, so why does the Committee have to inform us/anyone that there won't be one this year?

If there isn't a thread about it, or nothing listed in the Events section, then surely common sense tells you the club won't be hosting one (this year).

If people are that worried about missing out on Pod, why doesn't someone organise an rtoc get-together at one of this year's many rwyb days? (like we used to have regularly years back).

Mart
10-02-2013, 00:04
You wouldn't say that after spending 40k on one m8 ;) :cartman:

Serious dollar :eek: