PDA

View Full Version : rad fan

casper
28-01-2013, 19:42
I need a new 11inch Rad fan that works with the oe motor/bracket,am I limited to the origional one?if not could someone recommend one please.thanks

w35ty
28-01-2013, 19:56
Iv got a slim line one spare thats about that big would have to measure it to know exact.. I rekon it could be mounted to oe bracket somehow, il have a look after work tomorrow see if itll fit on

TopCat
28-01-2013, 20:45
I need a new 11inch Rad fan that works with the oe motor/bracket,am I limited to the origional one?if not could someone recommend one please.thanks

I can help you out with aftermarket fans if need be mate- tell me what size you want etc- I can supply spal or comex fans at stupidly cheap money.

Pm me what size fan you want and I'll see what I can do for you

r5_scotty
28-01-2013, 20:55
I can help you out with aftermarket fans if need be mate- tell me what size you want etc- I can supply spal or comex fans at stupidly cheap money.

Pm me what size fan you want and I'll see what I can do for you

dave can help :agree:

casper
28-01-2013, 23:30
Pm,Dave.

TopCat
29-01-2013, 09:25
morning chaps-

I can supply a Comex fan motor assy (identical to spal but cheaper) I can supply these at £49.95 + vat & carriage.

All in delivered is- £71.94. This is for 11 inch & 16 inch.

These are strictly for members only as the retail on these fans are in excess of £90.00 before vat and carriage.

And like all aftermarket parts- they are not a straight swap and may require some retro fitting. Please don't assume they will bolt straight in.

These are really powerful fans and are used on all modern vehicles nowadays so are more than powerful enough for the job.

Any questions just drop me a PM.

Cheers Davo.

casper
31-01-2013, 10:17
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230579698068?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

casper
06-02-2013, 17:29
Finally got the 5 back together after changing various parts including radiator and fan motor.Everything seamed ok,fan kicked in just before 3rd line.After taking her for a quick blast and turning the ignition off the Rad fan came on and didn't want to go off,I left it alot longer than normal,in the end I disconnected the battery.Rad fan relay?I also noticed the radiator was cool in places,trapped air?Would this cause the fan issue.

GTphil
06-02-2013, 17:44
Yes air in the system can cause the rad to be cooler in parts, I always let the coolant come up to temp at idle then let it cool right down the bleed it again, then start the engine and bleed it again quickly before the coolant gets to hot;)

once you re-connected the battery did the fan come back on?

casper
06-02-2013, 17:56
Yes air in the system can cause td to be cooler in parts, I always let the coolant come up to temp at idle then let it cool right down the bleed it again, then start the engine and bleed it again quickly before the coolant gets to hot;)

once you re-connected the battery did the fan come back on?

I didn't re-connect it Phil, I'd had enough for one day so just left it.I will blead it again tomorro,I suppose while there's trapped air you can't diagnose it.:rolleyes:

GTphil
06-02-2013, 18:00
usually if the relays at fault for the fan or if there's air in the system then it won't even come on.

just thinking if something's gone west and the fan stays on once you re-connect the battery it should come back on, was the fan switch new?

casper
06-02-2013, 18:08
No fan switch wasn't brand new but it wasn't that old either.It kicked in ok and switched off at idle,it was just after a spirited blast that it wouldn't switch off.The area around the switch was cool.

GTphil
06-02-2013, 18:15
may well be the issue, not sure if the fan switch would switch off or not if it was just air behind it, I think it probably would as the air would more than likely be cool enough for it to switch off. I think......:wasntme:

reason I asked is I once had a bran new Renault fan switch that was faulty, that just wouldn't switch the fan on tho.

like I said if its a problem the fan should come back on when the battery is re-connected, if not it may well have been down to air in the system, just try it again next time after bleeding it a few more times.

Big Steve - Raider
06-02-2013, 18:18
Bridge the switch in the Rad to check that the fan works.

casper
07-02-2013, 17:53
Hopefully ok now.Must of been the trapped air.