PDA

View Full Version : Regional Member Map

Slammed 66
27-01-2013, 12:09
As some of you are probably aware, myself (Ross) and Chris (erm... Chris) have been selected to help out with the clubs event organising and take a little pressure off of the current events team.

To help us with event organising and general meets etc, I thought it would be a good idea to create a simple map to show where you all live.

The map is numbered from 1 to 12, so look for your area and select its number in the 'poll' options above.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/TURBOHEARSE/image-19.gif

Thanks.

Ross and Chris.

Ashy
27-01-2013, 14:41
Hi mate, this already exists somewhere.....

Yes here it is, no need to re-invent the wheel.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=22189&highlight=Flag

chris
27-01-2013, 14:49
Yea this one is much clearer the other is a post code map mate

robx1r
27-01-2013, 15:04
i see i dont exsist, nor does europe?

chris
27-01-2013, 15:06
i see i dont exsist, nor does europe?

Sorry mate where do you live

robx1r
27-01-2013, 15:08
a little country below 12 :eek: lol

i live in the ROI there is a fair few euro members too :)

chris
27-01-2013, 15:23
Your right we should of had the ROI in there apolagise for that mate. we didnt add mainland europe to it as we are trying to see where are members are spread to try and organise some smaller events and with europe the distances are huge and we wouldnt have the man power to cover them plus trips over to europe are organised every year all the members in ROI just let us know by commenting on the thread and sorry again

chris

robx1r
27-01-2013, 15:27
no need to be apologetic you didnt erase Ireland lol!

car.crash
27-01-2013, 15:41
How do you plan on getting members to meet up on areas that you currently are not in?

chris
27-01-2013, 15:43
Lol how many of you is there do you ever come over much. My auntie lives in macroone i think its spelt

chris
27-01-2013, 15:44
How do you plan on getting members to meet up on areas that you currently are not in?

Do you mean in the areas that me and ross dont personaly live in ?

robx1r
27-01-2013, 15:46
macroome co cork, way down south, i've been over to anglesey and silverstone but never in the 5, off the top of my head that i have personally spoken to is 6, lol

chris
27-01-2013, 15:50
macroome co cork, way down south, i've been over to anglesey and silverstone but never in the 5, off the top of my head that i have personally spoken to is 6, lol

Yea thats it she is a new age travler and theres alot of them that live around and near there crazy lol dont know why i just told you that lol

car.crash
27-01-2013, 15:53
Do you mean in the areas that me and ross dont personaly live in ?

Yes, just wondering the game plan on getting members united. We're pretty well covered in the west London to Surrey region with at least 2 meets a month but it seems a mammoth task to organise events at multiple locations each month.

chris
27-01-2013, 16:02
Thats it you lads down south seem to do loads of meets .also it mite be that we are too spread out up here i dont know . but also to make it fair we want to go to events at say castle combe if theres enough people up there that want to go to events then we will.

Dave Reed
27-01-2013, 21:00
Would it be possible to elect a European area rep? (Obviously someone would have to step up) Maybe one of the French guys? They could then be updated or update us with events on both sides of the water?

Ashy
27-01-2013, 21:42

Post edited, that link works a treat, just add ur location to the Rtoc map :)

When the map opens click "full map" top right hand side.

Trevhib
27-01-2013, 22:05
Would it be possible to elect a European area rep? (Obviously someone would have to step up) Maybe one of the French guys? They could then be updated or update us with events on both sides of the water?

:agree:

chris
27-01-2013, 22:13
Post edited, that link works a treat, just add ur location to the Rtoc map :)

When the map opens click "full map" top right hand side.
I cant find the full map icon. does that zoom out so you can see where the markers are

Ashy
27-01-2013, 22:26
Try this

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=232251

chris
27-01-2013, 22:32
I reallly dont mind i think the one in this thread is clear and easy to do but if everyone wants to use the old one thats fine i am easy :smokin:

Slammed 66
27-01-2013, 23:19

Re-invention of the wheel wasn't the idea.

For a start the zeemap doesn't work correctly on my iPhone. Don't know about anyone one else's phone though. What it does show is that people have selected up to 8 locations for themselves on zeemap which the above map won't allow.

The zeemap is good for telling you which members live in your area but the above one is anonymous and just for collecting numbers of the current forum users where some of the entries on zeemap don't log into the forum anymore.

The idea is that by looking at the most populated sections you could work some meets into neighbouring sections that aren't so highly populated where not so much happens.

philg
28-01-2013, 08:42
Ha, the north east has the largest vote at the moment, we must be all busy digging for coal or brigsy is spending to much time turning into a cheese dorito :laugh:

Mart
28-01-2013, 08:51
Or he's busy organising N.E meets...

;) :D

Alan
28-01-2013, 09:01
I'm on a boarder. :confused:

chris
28-01-2013, 11:00
I'm on a boarder. :confused:

If its chester your in then i would of said 6 the same as me :agree:

Scoff
03-02-2013, 22:11
Chris there is a page I wrote in the admin panel which lets you see how many paid up members there are in each region. You can break it down to post code level or just major regions. It uses the current membership database so it is accurate. You can generate mass PM lists from within in.

I don't know what level of forum access you have but if you go to the home page (not forum home) and you can see a 'control' link at the top right of the blue nav bar then click it and then select 'area rep utils'. :)

Scoff
03-02-2013, 22:18
Unfortunately it isn't perfect because (for some inexplicable reason) lots of people like to set their region to "* international". I won't name any examples ;)

Slammed 66
03-02-2013, 22:22
Just checked that out.

That's very useful. Cheers scoff :agree:

chris
03-02-2013, 22:32
cheers scoff that is useful, i was just worried what i mite break if i press the wrong button :ashamed:

Scoff
03-02-2013, 22:36
cheers scoff that is useful, i was just worried what i mite break if i press the wrong button :ashamed:

Don't worry, it's there to be used :) Avoid the other options in that panel unless you really need to alter anything.

I wrote a lot of the code for the area rep functions but didn't ever get round to writing a front-end so members could view who's in what area, who their area rep is and so on. That admin page is the only page that uses those functions. Maybe on day I'll write the rest of the pages :crap:

andybond
03-02-2013, 22:38
Drop Database ....

Scoff
03-02-2013, 22:40
Drop Database ....

:p

chris
03-02-2013, 22:44
Don't worry, it's there to be used :) Avoid the other options in that panel unless you really need to alter anything.

I wrote a lot of the code for the area rep functions but didn't ever get round to writing a front-end so members could view who's in what area, who their area rep is and so on. That admin page is the only page that uses those functions. Maybe on day I'll write the rest of the pages :crap:
ok i havent been on commitee long so didnt like to mess about with anything but that is handy thanks for your help:agree:

robx1r
12-08-2013, 22:52
still here somehow! the power of this map trying to erase us from exsistance is stong but no match for the alcohol infused potatoes we eat every day,

c'mon a group 13 to keep me happy :sad:

Matt Cole
02-09-2013, 13:31
Perhaps a european map in required?

Can anyone finish off Scoffs work to get it fully working for all?

Woznaldo
03-09-2013, 01:27
I know there is a very limited number of GTTs in Australia and therefore probably no need for a rep, but I know there are about 10-15 cars over here and there must be 5+ in NZ too.

Come on you Northern Monkeys, "sort it ouuuut!"