PDA

View Full Version : uprated fuel pump/ regulator

bood
26-01-2013, 08:56
hi

as i am about to turbo my vw camper using renault 5 parts i was thinking if i use the fuel pump and regulator off my car then i could buy new/ or uprated for mine but if there is no point then i would rather not disturb a system that works fine.

my questions are:

. at what boost level should i consider an uprated fuel pump? (i am running 21psi)
. is there an uprated version of the fuel regulator or is this best left alone and source a second hand part for the camper?

many thanks
adam

phase i 16 v turbo
26-01-2013, 10:01
Hi Adam, we have helped a few VW people now with bits and bobs. I have a contact of guy that has done several VW buses.

Have a look at the pictures attached.:agree:

Thanks Mike

Slammed 66
26-01-2013, 10:42
Hi Adam, we have helped a few VW people now with bits and bobs. I have a contact of guy that has done several VW buses.

Have a look at the pictures attached.:agree:

Thanks Mike

That looks slightly more professional than my last effort at a turbo vw :laugh:

chris
26-01-2013, 10:47
that does look good

Logg
26-01-2013, 10:48
My friend Iain did this a few years ago I gave him a gtt carb and fpr think he used a golf gti fuel pump and ebay charge cooler went like stink when it didnt have carb freeze.

Dave Reed
26-01-2013, 14:14
hi

as i am about to turbo my vw camper using renault 5 parts i was thinking if i use the fuel pump and regulator off my car then i could buy new/ or uprated for mine but if there is no point then i would rather not disturb a system that works fine.

my questions are:

. at what boost level should i consider an uprated fuel pump? (i am running 21psi)
. is there an uprated version of the fuel regulator or is this best left alone and source a second hand part for the camper?

many thanks
adam

If your running that much boost I'd say you already have an uprated aka phase one fuel pump.

Re the reg the standard one is fine.. Maybe just get a new one..

bood
26-01-2013, 14:26
thanks for the posts i think i will leave mine alone and buy the bits for the van.

mike thanks that looks fantastic!!!! several pm's coming your way :laugh:

adam