PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Car Choice...

Brizza
23-01-2013, 20:22
Its looking like the little Mini is going to be going so as a replacement I've been looking at a nearly new Subaru WRX STi 2.5 5 door or a BMW 123d Coupe, I was thinking of a Ford Focus ST-2 2.5 5 Cyl but they look a bit crap inside. so i've ruled that out but now I'm at a dilema - 1 series coupe or WRX?

I live out in the sticks where 4wd would have been awesome, but the Suburu has the similar sort of economy as the Mini which isnt that good. The 123d is amazing on economy and motorway cruising but the rwd aspect concerns me with the crap weather.

With work I tend to work all around the country, I have a ten mile country lane jaunt to the M1 which i usually enjoy in the mini early at very early mornings then tend to slip into 70ish on the motorway and tend to get some economy but its handy to have some punch to accelerate if needed.

Given the choice what would people go for?

Thanks,

Ian

Mart
23-01-2013, 20:26
123d, remap, set of Winter tyres for this time of year.

J.D

chris
23-01-2013, 20:46
I would defiantly go BMW my mate has the Subaru it's terrible on fuel much worse than my mums cooper s and my mate drives like my mum lol

gtmatt
23-01-2013, 20:59
Blue motion golf cheap tax fuel mpg brill

Alex
23-01-2013, 22:06
A friend of mine has a 120d Msport and it goes like hell! I agree with Mart 123d, remap and possibly more suitable tyres.

6FOOT6
24-01-2013, 18:44
I bought an old Merc for mega cheap, best car ever once i sorted the MAF.

Cost me next to nothing for the car and £80 for the MAF, smooth Auto box great for crusing like a pimp daddy with my fly bitches ya get me blud... sorry came over all Gangster:scared:scared:

Rather buy an older lux car for cheap rather than pay through the arse for a new car and loose £££££s