PDA

View Full Version : door cards

casper
22-01-2013, 19:53
Hi,when I get my door cards back do I need to put some of that horrible glue/sealent on?or can I just put them straight on.I'm going to try something like tar remover to get the old stuff off the door.Will give everything a good clean and wd40 afterwa:agree:lrds,

GT Josh
22-01-2013, 20:35
Use some of your special sauce, ring u Tomoz pal :)

casper
22-01-2013, 20:49
Use some of your special sauce, ring u Tomoz pal :)

Never thought about that,special sauce it is.:agree:

Matt Cole
22-01-2013, 20:50
If you want rattle free door cards then you could apply a semi perminant flexible adhesive.

casper
22-01-2013, 20:54
Yeah defo want rattle free so will go with this option.What about the plastic film that was once there,what difference will this have.

michael tierney
22-01-2013, 20:59
i've found these doors very leaky!!u need to apply and seal a plastic liner to the inside of the door and test it before u put the card back on!:(

casper
22-01-2013, 21:14
i've found these doors very leaky!!u need to apply and seal a plastic liner to the inside of the door and test it before u put the card back on!:(

Need to source plastic for the liner then.Just had a thought I'm a printer and we use self adhesive plastic packing sheets in 0.8 thickness,probably can get thinner,very sticky there for the plate cylinder.1020x760.What do you reckon..?

michael tierney
22-01-2013, 21:39
self adhesive sounds good,get a watering can and pour water where the window meets the weather strip...u'll see where the water drips in towards the door card that should give u a fair indication what to concentrate on...there are drain holes under the speaker ect..and u must remember that there is a deep recess for the door pull/card...also the rain runs along the window rail(holder) and drips directly into the motor!!!needs covering:)...enjoy:(at
Need to source plastic for the liner then.Just had a thought I'm a printer and we use self adhesive plastic packing sheets in 0.8 thickness,probably can get thinner,very sticky there for the plate cylinder.1020x760.What do you reckon..?

casper
22-01-2013, 21:46
By any chance as anyone got a pic of this they could put up.

casper
23-01-2013, 12:47
Can someone tell me if I enclose the speaker behind the plastic membrane.Mouches,Mouches

Brigsy
23-01-2013, 19:30
If you want rattle free door cards then you could apply a semi perminant flexible adhesive.

I need some of this for the wifes megane as its got a few rattles to cure, have you seen any like the original renault stuff?

casper
23-01-2013, 19:41
I need some of this for the wifes megane as its got a few rattles to cure, have you seen any like the original renault stuff?

I dont no what was on mine Brigsy but **** it was sticky,so much so I broke the seal but if it came in contact with the same sticky stuff it was like it had never been separated. Wouldn't want to get my cards on to have to take them off again knowing I had put some of that **** on.

michael tierney
23-01-2013, 20:48
dont cover the speaker face,try to put a cowl over the back of it to throw the water back into the door,there should be a black plastic cover on it but sometimes its not that effective......i started using very wide cellotape to cover up all the holes!

casper
23-01-2013, 21:12
dont cover the speaker face,try to put a cowl over the back of it to throw the water back into the door,there should be a black plastic cover on it but sometimes its not that effective......i started using very wide cellotape to cover up all the holes!

Thanks mitchael,although I still ant got a clu:confused:e.

Matt Cole
23-01-2013, 21:31

Any flexible type glue should do briggsy.You could try 151 fantastic elastic. That stuff cures similarly.:agree: