PDA

View Full Version : R5 gtt williams hybrid

rs250nut
19-12-2008, 22:16
What I want to know is will the whole subframe including engine and gearbox fit in the five? And what mods are required to use the willy wide track. Are there any other bits other than the rear beam I can rob the willy of to improve the five?

Rob@Backyardracing
19-12-2008, 22:41
frame should bolt right on, but the struts wont as the top mounts are different so would need GT ones. The rack would need to be willy too i would have thought.

Andrew Cooke
19-12-2008, 22:50
I frame should will bolt right on, but the struts wont as the top mounts are different so would need GT ones. The rack would need to be willy too i would have thought.

has anyone actually done this yet to confirm about the top mounts? You'd need the rack, and maybe have to swap the column depending upon which one you have.

Rob@Backyardracing
20-12-2008, 00:24
Im unsure Andy, im just going from looks not experiance :crap: guess theres a way if need be but i also guess most peeps use after market suspension these days than OE? :coffee:

rs250nut
20-12-2008, 09:38
I want to use the gaz kit I have on the five with the billet adjustable top mounts, I dont want to shell out for new ones as thats money that could be spent else where. Rose joined bottom arms anyone?