PDA

View Full Version : moving radiator

chris
19-01-2013, 12:14
I am thinking of moving my radiator over towards where my intercooler used to be it is just a matter of extending top hose with a piece of tube and wiring for fan switch?

If you have done this could you tell me what size tube i need and anything i may need many thanks

r5_scotty
19-01-2013, 14:38
I am thinking of moveing my radiator over towards where my intercooler used to be it is just a matter of exstending top hose with a piece of tube and wireing for fan switch? If you have done this could you tell me what size tube i need and anything i may need many thanks

you will need to either drill the subframe for the second support on the bottom of the rad of cut one leg off and make your own bracket. and yea you need to extend the top rad hose:agree:

chris
19-01-2013, 15:05
Yea its got that bracket at top aswell aint it i just think that if i move it that it makes everything look tidy has anyone got any pics of theres

GTphil
19-01-2013, 16:24
I have done this on mine and my brothers car, with mine all i had to do was drill a hole in the subframe and extend the top rad hose, (henery hoover pipe;))

I managed to use the original clip at the top on my car as the holes in the slam panel luckly just lined up, with my bros we have had to make a bracket to secure it from the top. My fan switch wiring just reached across but again we will have to extend my bros, the bottom rad hose appears to have a lot of flexibility.

obviously we have taken out the o.e intercooler tray also;)

chris
19-01-2013, 16:33
Cheers phil yea i got intercooler tray out it seems daft that by the back of alternator theres no room and the oil filter is a bitch to get to. Is there enough length in oil cooler pipes or do you have a seperate oil cooler

GTphil
19-01-2013, 16:42
I have the standard oil cooler and it's fine, my rad is only moved over by 6" or so, my bro's is a lot further over but he has a separate oil cooler.

r5_scotty
19-01-2013, 19:06
or use a kangoo extra van rad. fits the subframe perfic:agree:

hickman
19-08-2013, 18:56
i need to do this myself do i also need to extend the bottom rad hose? has anybody got anypics they could upload for me please?

Alex
19-08-2013, 21:23
No need to mess with the bottom hose, just the top one. I just loped one of the pegs off the radiator and made a little bracket to hold it still.

Fordy
20-08-2013, 16:19
or use a kangoo extra van rad. fits the subframe perfic:agree:

More info on this please Scotty, what year kangoo and engine?

r5_scotty
24-08-2013, 19:48
I belive I used a 98 extra van rad 1.9 but doesn't have oil cooler built in ....

brigsy might be able to tell you more I cant remember exactly what I ordered at Renault. got a part number somewhere. will do some hunting:agree:

Brigsy
25-08-2013, 00:52
1.6d extra van rad is the one you need:agree:

car.crash
25-08-2013, 08:41
1.6 is the one you need not the 1.9.
32mm pipe on top hose but cheapest option is for a Hoover extension pipe for around a fiver.
I drilled a extra hole in subframe.
I also had a slimline fan but it covered the entire width of the rad and the guard used to catch on the extended clutch arm so a few small cuts were made.

car.crash
25-08-2013, 08:45
http://bit.ly/UVHC9h

I've picked a few up for about £30 new but that's only when they are clearing out old stock.
They were usually closer to £100