PDA

View Full Version : Car problems and for once its not the 5!

Brizza
18-01-2013, 11:06
Driving home from work yesterday in my Cooper S, heard a clicking sound almost like something was rubbing against the wheel, the faster I went the faster the clicking sound went, wondered if it was a bit of grit between the pads and disks, or the wheel bearing was starting to go or even the drive shaft was going :scared: Pulled over and oil is pissing out from what the passenger side. Yup gearbox has gone, odd thing all the gear changes where smooth as usual. Anyone else had anything like this? suppose at 89k it was due a new clutch anyway! :sad2:

Slammed 66
18-01-2013, 11:22
suppose at 89k it was due a new clutch anyway! :sad2:

They dont build BMWs like they used to.

My e36 325 TDS is on 171k and still on its first clutch. No signs of slipping yet.

Brizza
18-01-2013, 11:26
Think the english input on the BMW Mini is the achilles heel. Oh well without a car in the snow, not always a bad thing i suppose!

Robbo
18-01-2013, 11:40
fix the leak and add new oil and try it, may not be totalled. especially the way you drive

Brizza
18-01-2013, 12:05
fix the leak and add new oil and try it, may not be totalled. especially the way you drive

Thats the irony, I drive like an old lady :crap:

Dave Reed
18-01-2013, 12:58
Thats the irony, I drive like an old lady :crap:

The g/b's are like chocolate in them new minis.. Thanks to a Chrysler engine n box! Nothin to do with the English, American ****!

Brizza
18-01-2013, 13:04
The little Chrysler 1600 engine they have fitted seem to be pretty bullet proof, very simialr to a 5 in a lot of ways, chain driven single cam but odly with a 16v head which i can only think is to help with the Supercharger.

Dave Reed
18-01-2013, 22:36
The little Chrysler 1600 engine they have fitted seem to be pretty bullet proof, very simialr to a 5 in a lot of ways, chain driven single cam but odly with a 16v head which i can only think is to help with the Supercharger.

If bullet proof is snapping cam chains on tick over then I dnt want to see a ****e engine lol.. My mate works on them and has nothing at all gd to say about them, in fact when people buy them he's always saying you'll regret it lol

Brizza
22-01-2013, 08:54
Turns out the diff went, quite common, shade under £500 to get the box rebuilt, around the same to get it fitted.:(